PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarrett Stidham Gets First Team Work To Allow Brady To Recuperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
You posted that you were in your 60s right?...Kudos to you, my friend for even having that kind of commitment.

Have you tried super-setting/less weight? Change your workout routine? Maybe some protein/energy supplements? Might be a rest/recovery issue as well. I was big into weightlifting in my tees and 2os and when I had plateau's I'd change these things up and it helped. My $.02
All what you point out is good advice. In my experience doing high reps has caused tendonitis. At this point Im just trying not to lose strength, the incline press is kind of an anomaly, I haven't lost much in other areas like back or shoulders for example. I've been doing this for 45 years why stop now, its part of my life.

PS, there is one thing that I do reps for legs. in the last year I went from doing 300 lbs + on a leg press machine for 4 sets of ten to doing 235 for 4 sets of 15-20 the reason...………...………...im afraid i'm going to break a hip...seriously.:)

NFL asking Pats for emails and texts in the filming of Bengals coaches backs on the sidelines. This isn't going to end well. What a joke.

NFL asking Pats for emails and texts in the filming of Bengals coaches backs on the sidelines. This isn't going to end well. What a joke.
Are you going to spam every thread with this news?God

PS, there is one thing that I do reps for legs. in the last year I went from doing 300 lbs + on a leg press machine for 4 sets of ten to doing 235 for 4 sets of 15-20 the reason...………...………...im afraid i'm going to break a hip...seriously.:)
Golf buddy of mine who is 61 does a lot of swimming and resistance band training. He had hip surgery 2 years ago and is 100%

Last edited:
Beats the alternative, at least so far.
Thats right, and when someone asks me how i'm doing i say 'well i woke up this morning, so im doing ok' :)

I don't i'm in the gym five days a week lifting and doing aerobics ie tread mill, bicycle, stair master. Something happened a year ago that is troubling though. At this time last year I could work my way up to 190lbs for six reps on incline press, in the span of 6 weeks I lost quite a bit of strength, I could only do 155 for six reps, and I haven't been able to get that strength back. But I keep trying, I refuse to sit on the couch and watch cartoons.
Have you had any professional consultations? It’s worth doing some work to find out why. Might be something that can be remedied. Or, more important, might be evidence of something more serious.

I’m probably just a couple of years older than you are (late sixties here), and if I’m lucky I’m working out 2-3x weekly. But I’ve got other health issues, one has me on meds that can cause muscle deterioration as a side effect so my physician does full blood work quarterly to look at everything and make sure it’s all stable. So far no prob (thankfully).

Anyway, point is there could be ways to see what’s going on. At the very least you can monitor calcium levels, maybe get a bone density scan to put that hip concern to rest.

Also, do you supplement? I do a lot of those, some for joints and some for metabolism (CoQ10, PQQ), and I can feel the effects if I start skipping those. Thanks for reminding me that I need to add calcium back into those. Had been taking it and forgot to refill when I ran out.

Best wishes! Keep taking care of yourself!

Have you had any professional consultations? It’s worth doing some work to find out why. Might be something that can be remedied. Or, more important, might be evidence of something more serious.
Well since it seems this is the only excesize that ive lost lost strength no i haven't. At first i was worried because the loss of strength was so dramatic,but then it dawned on me that i could do everything else at pretty much the same level.

I’m probably just a couple of years older than you are (late sixties here), and if I’m lucky I’m working out 2-3x weekly. But I’ve got other health issues, one has me on meds that can cause muscle deterioration as a side effect so my physician does full blood work quarterly to look at everything and make sure it’s all stable. So far no prob (thankfully).

Anyway, point is there could be ways to see what’s going on. At the very least you can monitor calcium levels, maybe get a bone density scan to put that hip concern to rest.

Also, do you supplement? I do a lot of those, some for joints and some for metabolism (CoQ10, PQQ), and I can feel the effects if I start skipping those. Thanks for reminding me that I need to add calcium back into those. Had been taking it and forgot to refill when I ran out.

Best wishes! Keep taking care of yourself!
Thanks, the whole 'afraid of breaking a hip' just came out of thin air one day after my 92 year old father in law broke his hip. I take vitamins supplaments qc10, and met-rx. I think the incline press issue could be psychological. I remember i could only military press 135 for five reps, this went on for weeks. Every time i hit 4-5 reps i start to think thats I'm tired can't do anymore. The night of the OJ slow roll chase i walked into the gym, the chase was on tv, someone had left 135 on a squat rack, as i was excitedly talking to someone about the chase i walked over and did ten reps and racked the wgt. Then it hit me that i had just done 135 for ten easy reps, i never had a problem afterward. Btw ill be 66 next month

Thanks, the whole 'afraid of breaking a hip' just came out of thin air one day after my 92 year old father in law broke his hip. I take vitamins supplaments qc10, and met-rx. I think the incline press issue could be psychological. I remember i could only military press 135 for five reps, this went on for weeks. Every time i hit 4-5 reps i start to think thats I'm tired can't do anymore. The night of the OJ slow roll chase i walked into the gym, the chase was on tv, someone had left 135 on a squat rack, as i was excitedly talking to someone about the chase i walked over and did ten reps and racked the wgt. Then it hit me that i had just done 135 for ten easy reps, i never had a problem afterward. Btw ill be 66 next month
Like Yogi said, ninety percent of the game is mental, and the other half is physical.

I turn 68 this week. Not sure I could press 135, but that’s not what I’m working on.

Do you have a chiropractor? If you’ve only lost strength in one or two areas you might want to see if some nerve impingement could be the culprit. I’m pretty sure that’s my problem, but suspect the root cause is cartilage deterioration. That seems to run in the family, and it’s why I’ve got a replacement hip and knee. Price of a misspent youth. Running full speed into brick walls playing basketball wasn’t painful as a teenager but the downstream consequences weren’t all that good. Probably would still do it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes