PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Skippy Might Start Stid - EDIT Carr Benched, Stidham will start

It's beyond ridiculous.

It really is. I mean Wentz looked like an MVP for nearly a whole season. Heineke dueled Tom Brady in the playoffs...how are both them doing?

But this is from the same group ready to crown zappe over 2 good games. People are really losing their minds as if they've never watched the NFL before and seen guys have a good game...

It really is. I mean Wentz looked like an MVP for nearly a whole season. Heineke dueled Tom Brady in the playoffs...how are both them doing?

But this is from the same group ready to crown zappe over 2 good games. People are really losing their minds as if they've never watched the NFL before and seen guys have a good game...
Still waiting for Macs breakout game this season.

Stidham always should've gotten a chance in 2020. But not because of what we saw from him this game, rather because Cam was pretty ****in terrible that year. Hoyer would've probably been a better choice

And did Zappe really have 2 good games?

The Browns game was good. I wouldn’t say the Lions game was anything special.

It’s more about the offense getting into a rhythm and not what we have been accustomed too which is 1 good play followed by a negative or wasted play or set of plays.

Since the offense looked more in sync and efficient with Zappe it’s hard to not put blame on Mccorkles shoulders.
I can be ok with a pop gun arm if the Qb can read the field and distribute to his weapons and not crack under pressure.
I haven’t seen this with Mac.
Maybe Bill goes back watches hours of film and agrees with me and makes it a open competition next season or shocks us and goes QB early.

were the games from jones special?

I can be ok with a pop gun arm if the Qb can read the field and distribute to his weapons and not crack under pressure.
Zappe’s arm isn’t better than Mac’s. Stidham has a very strong arm but he’s weak in other aspects of the position.

I agree there will be a competition in camp. Bill will probably even bring in someone else

Last edited:

It’s more about the offense getting into a rhythm and not what we have been accustomed too which is 1 good play followed by a negative or wasted play or set of plays.

Since the offense looked more in sync and efficient with Zappe it’s hard to not put blame on Mccorkles shoulders.
I haven’t seen this with Mac.
Maybe Bill goes back watches hours of film and agrees with me and makes it a open competition next season or shocks us and goes QB earlyo
Zappe’s arm isn’t better than Mac’s. Stidham has a very strong arm but he’s weak in other aspects of the position.

I agree there will be a competition in camp. Bill will probably even bring in someone else
I know Zappes arm isn’t the strongest,
However he was more quick with his reads, actually changed formation at times to counter the defense, and I think he’s a winner.
Would love to see them get equal footing.

were the games from jones special?
Mac has one game in two seasons where you could say he had prolific numbers... week 12 @MIN when he completed over 70% of his passes for 382 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs... in a loss. He's only had more than 2 TDs in a game twice... 3 against JAX in a 50-10 blowout and 3 against CLE in a 45-7 blowout. He hasn't had a "big game" in any close win.

This knee-jerk reaction to one good start from Stidham is a little ridiculous.
"Knee-jerk reaction?" I don't think anyone here was saying that Stidham was the quarterback of the future. For myself, in what turned out to be his last season as a Patriot, I was just interested in what he could do as a starter in what was a meaningless contest. Cam played well, but it hardly changed the verdict on the state of his game. He hasn't done anything since and is out of the league.

"Knee-jerk reaction?" I don't think anyone here was saying that Stidham was the quarterback of the future. For myself, in what turned out to be his last season as a Patriot, I was just interested in what he could do as a starter in what was a meaningless contest. Cam played well, but it hardly changed the verdict on the state of his game. He hasn't done anything since and is out of the league.
I mean the people getting worked up over one good start.

Cam Newton was the QB version of Matt Patricia. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

No use arguing with the zappe crowd. It's all about the "eye test!" They'll find absurd ways to say a performance like last week from mac was bad. But then excuse zappes performance against the bears. And praise a 187 yard 1td performance against the Lions who at the time had the worst defense in the league.

It's annoying I have to do this because I generally like zappe. But this vendetta against Mac Jones and basically wanting him to fail(even when he does good) and maximizing every mistake and minimizing every good play because you are so attached to a backup you barely saw play has to be one of the strangest things in patriots fandom.

No use arguing with the zappe crowd. It's all about the "eye test!" They'll find absurd ways to say a performance like last week from mac was bad. But then excuse zappes performance against the bears. And praise a 187 yard 1td performance against the Lions who at the time had the worst defense in the league.

It's annoying I have to do this because I generally like zappe. But this vendetta against Mac Jones and basically wanting him to fail(even when he does good) and maximizing every mistake and minimizing every good play because you are so attached to a backup you barely saw play has to be one of the strangest things in patriots fandom.
I think the Zappe crowd does overrate that Lions game, for sure. But it wasn't a whole lot different from Mac's 204 yard performance versus a Dolphins team lacking the entirety of their secondary and their best pass rusher. Both alright performances against a bad defense that were enough to win a game in which the defense did most of the heavy lifting.

I think the Zappe crowd does overrate that Lions game, for sure. But it wasn't a whole lot different from Mac's 204 yard performance versus a Dolphins team lacking the entirety of their secondary and their best pass rusher. Both alright performances against a bad defense that were enough to win a game in which the defense did most of the heavy lifting.
The Patriots offense put up 17 points against the Dolphins team at home. For the record that means without out the defense's pick-6 they lose. If that is a "good" Mac Jones game that is an indictment of him.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back