PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins, Chris Long, Jabal Sheard, Trey Flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
My father and I were all smiles hearing the name Trey Flowers so many times tonight. I used to be at his house almost daily when I was a kid and remember when he was in diapers. To see someone I know play great for the Pats is really amazing.

Celticboy04

Malcom Brown and Alan Branch are turning into quite a tandem on the inside. And to think, in their ultimate stupidity, Grigson and the Colts passed on him for a WR. Thank you very much indeed.

Every time i see Long i just smile. I'm happy for that guy to finally be on a good team. He seems to be enjoying his time here so far.
The word when he was picked up was that he was shot - injuries, wear and tear.... So far, he definitely looks like he still has gas in the tank. He brings a great energy out there!!

I'd like to see the snap counts to find out just how many snaps Branch and Brown took. They seemed to be out there most of the game...

Shea McClellin had his best game as a Patriot.
Freeny, imho, was terrible. He couldn't cover worth a damn and always seemed to be late.

Kudos to Trey Flowers on his stop of Miller. Miller ran into him and got jacked up. He looked like he ran into a brick wall and wasn't the same the rest of the game..

Every time i see Long i just smile. I'm happy for that guy to finally be on a good team. He seems to be enjoying his time here so far.

He, Bennett and McClellin all seem to be enjoying their time..

Man, we are so lucky we got Chris Long...he is such a stud! I think he takes every snap, and just a beast.
Sheard is a monster that never gives up. He is smaller, but plays big.
Flowers in the middle is a beast, he has strenght and can push people around, maybe not like a young Vince Wilfork who had people double team him, but still very versatile and he will succeed if we play 4/3.

Collins keeps improving, the guy has improved again in his coverage game, much better cover LB over Hightower.
Overall we had a much better week on defense, and lastly DO NOT underestimate the special team play especially our kicker.

Collins looked like a DPOY candidate tonight. He always turns it up a notch for prime time games too. The opposite of a choker. He plays better when the bright lights are on.

I don't know about this. He gave up the Owen Daniels TD last year in Denver, he gave up the Lynch wheel route and the Russell Wilson scramble in the SB (the latter being what allowed Seattle to tie it up despite only 40 seconds left in the first half)...

Collins is obviously amazing, I just hope he isn't a defensive version of Welker: non-clutch, but too good to not see those situations.

I've been waiting years to see our Front 7 be this good again.

If Barkeviovs Mingo turns into a stud, then I'll say it's just unfair.

Yea he hasn't seen the field much. Hope its more of an issue of players ahead of him and gameplans and not an inability to pick up the playbook and scheme.

The game plan didn't call for the defense to stop attacking either. Even when up big. I think there was a conversation in the coaches room that they couldn't passive this week like they did in the second half against Miami. Not with a rookie quarterback making his first NFL start. They attacked the Houston offense all game long and, as a result, the game was never really in doubt.

Kudos to Trey Flowers on his stop of Miller. Miller ran into him and got jacked up. He looked like he ran into a brick wall and wasn't the same the rest of the game..

First time i saw that play i tought he ran into Branch... LOL

Reactions: DBG
Freeny, imho, was terrible. He couldn't cover worth a damn and always seemed to be late.
The Pats always need to have a guy or two that we just can't understand what they see in him… Keeps us on our toes I guess.

If the Colts still suck by the deadline I would try to trade for Robert Mathis to add to the rotation.

Malcom Brown and Alan Branch are turning into quite a tandem on the inside. And to think, in their ultimate stupidity, Grigson and the Colts passed on him for a WR. Thank you very much indeed.

Grigson is going to be collecting unemployment very soon.

The Dolts are a mess.

Yea he hasn't seen the field much. Hope its more of an issue of players ahead of him and gameplans and not an inability to pick up the playbook and scheme.
He's playing a bunch of ST. Think it's just guys in front of him have been in the system longer.

He's playing a bunch of ST. Think it's just guys in front of him have been in the system longer.

Yep. I agree. I think he is still getting up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft