PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White deserves a TON of credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
White is all about acceleration after the catch. Lewis has some of that, but more escapability. Two different, complimentary skill sets that allow Brady to once again dictate matchups when they are both on the field.

White has also become a very serviceable blitz picker-upper.

Yes, White's ability to pick up the blitz has improved a great deal!

But if we're being honest, Lewis hasn't shown the same explosiveness he had last year (and that's no fault of his own)

the only thing lacking in Whites game is a cool nickname: "grease lightning" white! "withering white", or "jesse james" white etc
White Lightning.

or just "Lightning"?

"Colgate Advanced Whitening"?

Yes, White's ability to pick up the blitz has improved a great deal!

But if we're being honest, Lewis hasn't shown the same explosiveness he had last year (and that's no fault of his own)

I think most of us new Lewis wasn't going to be the same guy last season. Next season he should be back to form. Lewis is a half step slower and he doesn't quite have that amazing balance back yet.

Last year no one could take him out 1 on 1 in the open field.

Honestly, I thought White was a wasted pick. I paid close attention to him in camp and preseason game his first season and nothing jumped out at me. Pure "meh"..... I was 100% totally WRONG on this kid and I'm extremely happy to admit it.

Honestly, I thought White was a wasted pick. I paid close attention to him in camp and preseason game his first season and nothing jumped out at me. Pure "meh"..... I was 100% totally WRONG on this kid and I'm extremely happy to admit it.
I think I started to become convinced that he found his place here during the last season when he was becoming a frequent contributor and broke off several big plays in the passing game.

Now he is only getting better. Reliable hands, hasn't fumbled, increasingly better at blitz pickup and a real threat in the passing game.

Statistically White has gotten better at running the ball. Whether that's because of better blocking or improving himself I don't know. Maybe it's a combination of both. But he has gotten more opportunities this year and has taken advantage of them. 4 ypc from our 3rd down back is pretty nice. And to me, he looks like a better runner out there.

Statistically White has gotten better at running the ball. Whether that's because of better blocking or improving himself I don't know. Maybe it's a combination of both. But he has gotten more opportunities this year and has taken advantage of them. 4 ypc from our 3rd down back is pretty nice. And to me, he looks like a better runner out there.

I agree. Thats how I'm seeing it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents