PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags disrespect the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, good job making stuff up again. the Jets did NOT admit to taping coaching signals.

BUT IT'S OK TO TAPE COACHES SIGNALS...again, that's not the point. The Patriots can't give the Jets permission to break an NFL rule which is to video tape in an un-enclosed location...do you think they can?

Last edited:
it's not my hole man, I'm just saying what the NFL states. I don't think they have made an official statement re: the overhead roof, but I would think that since it's longstanding policy that teams can ask/receive permission to tape from the end zones, that makes it ok.

No it doesn't. If the NFL has a written rule, then it is gospel without exception. They can't say "even though it's not in the rules, it's OK if a team gives permission" that would make the NFL a laughingstock of epic proportions...wouldn't it?

So, according to your idiocy, if the Patriots had simply said we have permission, that would have been good enough for the NFL.

it's not my idiocy. in fact that is EXACTLY what the NFL HAS SAID:

"there are no restrictions on shooting from both upper end zone positions as long as the opportunity is provided to both teams."

No it doesn't. If the NFL has a written rule, then it is gospel without exception. They can't say "even though it's not in the rules, it's OK if a team gives permission" that would make the NFL a laughingstock of epic proportions...wouldn't it?

well you tell me, b/c that is exactly what happened

Patriots film from sidelines = Violation of NFL Rule which states a team must video tape from an enclosed location. Heavy penalties handed down.

Jets video tape from endzone = Violation of NFL Rule which states a team must video tape from an enclosed location...but they "claim" they had "permission" to break said rule and are cleared.

NFL & MakeWayHomer = :rofl: :rofl:

P.S. It does not matter what is on the video tape since filming coaches signals is NOT against the rules.

Last edited:
This "cheater card" rival fans keep pulling has gotten so boring... Is this really the only thing you guys can say to attack our team?

Whatever your definition of cheating is, the bottom line is, it doesn't even matter!!!

We got fined, lost a pick and then dominated the entire NFL. If you are so consumed with our team, because yours fails to deliver something to smile about come Monday morning, then become a fan of the Patriots!!! You already spend more time on our board than your own teams I'm sure. You must, I mean what would you talk about? How your coach is in a damn cell phone ad admitting how much of a failure he is? I get joy every time I see that ad, that the only Jets highlight they could find was them beating the Dolphins....

I now understand why the Jets color is green, it suits its fans very well.

Be jealous, call us cheaters, whatever... bottom line is we have a game to watch Saturday, what is going on down in Jersey this weekend?

Last edited:
P.S. It does not matter what is on the video tape since filming coaches signals is NOT against the rules.

that's not really true. I'll past this again:

"Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

well you tell me, b/c that is exactly what happened

"You tell me"? that is your answer? I'll just give you the fact MWH...OK? The rule was enforced against the Patriots and it was not against the Jets. The NFL just wrote and interprated the rules as they go along with no consistency. Here is the bottom line...It was not enforced against the Jets because the NFL wants this issue to go away. The last thing they wanted was another team caught "cheating" (even though the Jets did)

Since all teams video tape coaches signals, the only reason the Patriots were penalized was due to BB's perceived or real arrogance in defying the rule. If that is true, then it's not a case of cheating at all, is it?

REMEMBER, ALL TEAMS STEAL SIGNALS...WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

it's not my idiocy. in fact that is EXACTLY what the NFL HAS SAID:

"there are no restrictions on shooting from both upper end zone positions as long as the opportunity is provided to both teams."

there's a difference between what the NFL FO says in the wake of another scandal and what is in written NFL policy. Why doesn't the NFL rulebook discuss "permission from the other team" when it talks about taping? If the Pats say that the Jets did not get permission anyway, why was there no investigation?

that's not really true. I'll past this again:

"Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

The key words there are "Videotaping of ANY type" not the "including..." part you bolded.

Videotaping of ANY type!

ok, but you just gave me a bunch of opinions.

No MWH, I gave you facts as to what happened. If they are opinions, tell me which of the things I listed did NOT happen.

No MWH, I gave you facts as to what happened. If they are opinions, tell me which of the things I listed did NOT happen.

here is an opinion

"It was not enforced against the Jets because the NFL wants this issue to go away. The last thing they wanted was another team caught "cheating" (even though the Jets did)"

"the only reason the Patriots were penalized was due to BB's perceived or real arrogance in defying the rule. "

do you understand the difference between fact and opinion?

Last edited:
of COACHING SIGNALS!

WRONG! had the Patiots NOT video taped signals, they still would have been guilty of violating the rule. The rule is not predicated upon filming signals, it is based upon videotaping from ANY location other than those stipulated in the official rule. The penalty was NOT about stealing signals.

The patriots continue to steal signals to this day my bruthah! We just do from authorized locations and that is ok under the rule...

Outside of the above locations, it ok to tape signals...which is cool. Haven't you noticed how we always seem to come through in the second half after reviewing the opposing team's signals? :D

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?

Last edited:
here is an opinion

"It was not enforced against the Jets because the NFL wants this issue to go away. The last thing they wanted was another team caught "cheating" (even though the Jets did)"

"the only reason the Patriots were penalized was due to BB's perceived or real arrogance in defying the rule. "

do you understand the difference between fact and opinion?

The highlighted words are absolute truths, not opinion.

WRONG! had the Patiots NOT video taped signals, they still would have been guilty of violating the rule. The rule is not predicated upon filming signals, it is based upon videotaping from ANY location other than those stipulated in the official rule. The penalty was NOT about stealing signals.

The patriots continue to steal signals to this day my bruthah! We just do from authorized locations and that is ok under the rule...

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?

it doesn't really matter. the rule was crystal clear, re-emphasized by the NFL, and we broke it.

The highlighted words are absolute truths, not opinion.

lol, awesome. next time you tell someone you are going to give them facts, just include facts, not your opinion

it doesn't really matter. the rule was crystal clear, re-emphasized by the NFL, and we broke it.

Since it is so "crystal clear", tell us again why the Jets did NOT break it. Forget the additions to the rule the NFL gave AFTER the incident. those are irrelevant since they are not in this "CRYSTAL CLEAR" rule.

BTW...you're not a Patriots fan so stop lying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents