PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett: The tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
KO? Nah he's a bench player and he's just okay. But, it's very difficult to compare the two sports when it comes to the draft. Just too different.
Yep. Olynyk is a nice rotational player.

In hindsight they should have drafted Rudy Gobert. The problem is that it took him 3 years to become a respectable player in the league.

Olynyk is a nice depth guy. Very tradable.

PittPatriot said:
Our track record with drafting QBs is terrible.

Also drafted this QB. Best TD to interception ratio (heck, best everything ratio) in Patriots history. ;)

new-england-trick-play-against-baltimore.gif

Yep. Olynyk is a nice rotational player.

In hindsight they should have drafted Rudy Gobert. The problem is that it took him 3 years to become a respectable player in the league.

Olynyk is a nice depth guy. Very tradable.
Eh, not so sure his value is all that high. Does some good things but he's soft. Yeah Gobert is a shame, but a lot of guys passed on him.

I expect to be pleasantly surprised with the competition between Brissett and Garoppolo...

At the Risk of coming across like I'm picking on a Brother, in light of my recently expressed horrified amusement at your unspeakably hideous Signature...That...would be quite a Trick. ;)

Last edited:
Best thing that people keep repeating about this guy is his leadership abilities. That's the common trait of the great ones. Let's see how this kid develops - could be an exciting prospect.

Eh, not so sure his value is all that high. Does some good things but he's soft. Yeah Gobert is a shame, but a lot of guys passed on him.
They could get a low 1st for Olynyk.

With that said I think he's a nice rotational piece. Not sure about his health though. Not very durable and now he had shoulder surgery.

As well as there being four ex-Pat QBS starting during one week last season.

Brady, Cassell, Hoyer, Mallett.

If the Pats can't draft and development QBs I'd like to see who can.

Also like to bring up that Cassel led the Chiefs to a division win and playoff appearance in 2010 and Hoyer did the same last year.

Were they great? By no means, but they are/were serviceable.

Last edited:
When the Jets picked him up off the Patriot scrap heap they elected him captain, so they didn't think he was so bad :p
he was a game day captain against the patriots--not a team captain. rex does that for every game--chooses game day captains who used to play for the other team and sends them out for the coin toss before the game.

He has an amazingly powerful arm; too bad the Patriots don't have anyone who can get deep.

Nate Washington, whose career yards per reception average is exactly the same as Mike Wallace's, is going to make the team for exactly this reason.

he was a game day captain against the patriots--not a team captain. rex does that for every game--chooses game day captains who used to play for the other team and sends them out for the coin toss before the game.
I know that, it was a total joke (like the Jets franchise), and hence the emote added.

Last edited:
I remember when I watched college tape of Kelly Olynyk...there were some Larry Bird moments.

player 1 averaged 30.3 ppg for a 3 year college career
player 2 averaged 8.9 ppg for a 3 year college career

If player 2 had "moments" like player 1, then they were rare indeed.

That would be like Greg Kite reminding you of Robert Parish.

Nate Washington, whose career yards per reception average is exactly the same as Mike Wallace's, is going to make the team for exactly this reason.

Instead if Keyshawn Martin?

I like Nate but the fact that he does not play special teams hurts.

They may keep him of JE and DA are PUP at the start of the season.

player 1 averaged 30.3 ppg for a 3 year college career
player 2 averaged 8.9 ppg for a 3 year college career

If player 2 had "moments" like player 1, then they were rare indeed.

That would be like Greg Kite reminding you of Robert Parish.

Oh c'mon Larry's scoring average went down every single year at ISU. 33....30...29

Clearly he was regressing as a player.....

:p

I remember when I watched college tape of Kelly Olynyk...there were some Larry Bird moments. :rolleyes:
Our track record with drafting QBs is terrible. Until he shows us differently, Mr. Brisett is more Bishop/Davy/O'Connell to me than anyone who has played a meaningful snap in the NFL.
Having said that. I would not be surprised to see him involved in certain gadget packages that may simply validate him being drafted.

I think the Pats drafting of QBs over the years has been very good. Plunkett, Steve, even the skirt, Bledsoe, Brady, the GOAT, have all taken teams to the Super Bowl. Hoyer and Cassel have played playoff level QBing. That is a very good record.

He shows excellent, almost elite escape-ability in the pocket (there are some Joe Montana moments on the tapes), but he chooses to run too often. He is very shifty when running, but he is gonna get killed if he does this a lot in the NFL.

He has an amazingly powerful arm; too bad the Patriots don't have anyone who can get deep. He also shows some nice touch on the shorter stuff. It is hard to tell if he is good at looking off the safety, but it does not appears that he developed this skill yet.

He has excellent leadership skills. This guy is a keeper!

Jacoby Brissett Official Highlights | NC State QB | ACC Videos

I liked what I saw of Brissett in your Thuney highlight video as well. He definitely has the balls to stand in the pocket and keep his eyes down field under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back