PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackie MacMullen back to doing what she does best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Man-hands" MacMullen back to doing what she does best

I was listening to one of those sportsblabber shows on the car radio (Dale&Holley, I think) when one of the hosts repeated the "Get Paid" canard. What is tattooed on Samuel's arm? I kept waiting for someone to call and correct the talker.

See post #34 in this thread.

What you heard on the radio was the result of misinformation from Jackie MacMullen. Misinformation can live on forever, while the truth gets buried. See: Spygate.

All this, my friends, is why BB doesn't talk to the press.

That was Jackie MacMullen's story and she was definitely sticking with it in her response e-mail to me.

She was completely blaming Asante for being a manipulator (as if the Globe didn't have the power to decide the timing of the story!) and was going on about things like "You fans make heroes out of these people who can be pretty slimy".

She portayed herself as being Asante's victim in the whole thing. She mentioned the tattoo to him, then laughed "Get Paid" huh?. He didn't correct her, so she took that as him telling her that the tattoo said "Get Paid".

She's a real Woodward and Bernstein, that Jackie Mac.

haha that's ridiculous. Did she ask you to keep the email private, becuase I remember when you talked about it a few months ago you referred to it but didn't post it. Does she respond to everyone or did she just respond to you because you're a mod on this site?

I think that when an interview happens, I'm sure the interviewee can say "I'll do it but you have to hold it until x date" or whatever, but as I suspect happened with this article, and with many articles, the players don't say anything like that because they don't forsee the article being negative towards the team, especially in this case when he didn't even say anything critical of the team.

Last edited:
haha that's ridiculous. Did she ask you to keep the email private, becuase I remember when you talked about it a few months ago you referred to it but didn't post it. Does she respond to everyone or did she just respond to you because you're a mod on this site?

I think that when an interview happens, I'm sure the interviewee can say "I'll do it but you have to hold it until x date" or whatever, but as I suspect happened with this article, and with many articles, the players don't say anything like that because they don't forsee the article being negative towards the team, especially in this case when he didn't even say anything critical of the team.

slippery slope....suggesting players don't foresee a negative article coming from the (Boston) media.

Last edited:

She had no clue as to who I was - - and being a Mod here means nothing. I give her credit, she has a history of responding to e-mails from everyone. She has no idea whether or not I even post on a website. She was merely e-mailing back the public - she never asked to keep it private, and obviously didn't care.

I can tell you though that she felt herself the victim of Asante Samuel's manipulation of the press (in her eyes). I found that ludicrous.

To this day, neither she nor the Boston Globe have EVER issued a correction for the "Get Paid" misinformation.

Re: "Man-hands" MacMullen back to doing what she does best

See post #34 in this thread.

What you heard on the radio was the result of misinformation from Jackie MacMullen. Misinformation can live on forever, while the truth gets buried. See: Spygate.

Thanks Smessy. That was lazy of me, sorry. I knew it didn't sound anything like Get Paid.

slippery slope....suggesting players don't foresee a negative article coming from the (Boston) media.

How could he have foreseen this exactly? All he did in the article was talk about why he was slow to get over a relatively minor injury and how he hopes to get back to 100% soon. If his only mistake was letting his guard down a little, or not suspecting the worst from Macmullen, then I think it's a pretty minor mistake.

You realize that outside of his very few quotes, you could take his interview entirely out of the article and there would be no difference in the point the article was making. One small quote by the trainer saying he felt Seymour was miss-used and everyone assumes this ridiculous Seymour conspiracy to undermine the team.

Last edited:
everything PonyExpress has said in this thread is 100% guesswork and conjecture with no actual evidence behind any of it.

everything PonyExpress has said in this thread is 100% guesswork and conjecture with no actual evidence behind any of it.

You got the #93 tattoo yesterday too? Those doctors are pretty cruel to babies huh?

"I'm sure Richard wouldn't say this, and the Patriots would probably rather not hear it, but those goal line situations they put him in on offense were what started all this.

"When Richard was the lead blocker, he had Corey Dillon literally plowing into the back of his knee on five or six occasions. It might have been effective, but it caused problems with Richard's knee.

"Richard is the biggest, fastest, most agile defender in the league. He doesn't need to be running the football or being the lead blocker for a running back."

This is so true...most Fullbacks can't last more than a game because of the RB "plowing into their knees". It's amazing any FB even lives after this punishment.:confused:

How absurd. WHat kind of a**hole even floats a ridiculous theory like that? Is there a rash of FB's hurt by "Plowing RB's"??

MacMullen is an idiot.

How could he have foreseen this exactly? All he did in the article was talk about why he was slow to get over a relatively minor injury and how he hopes to get back to 100% soon. If his only mistake was letting his guard down a little, or not suspecting the worst from Macmullen, then I think it's a pretty minor mistake.

You realize that outside of his very few quotes, you could take his interview entirely out of the article and there would be no difference in the point the article was making. One small quote by the trainer saying he felt Seymour was miss-used and everyone assumes this ridiculous Seymour conspiracy to undermine the team.

I don't have issue with Seymour other than why now speak about it and beware the wolf in sheep's clothes. I wouldn't kill him for his performance and haven't. But I think you cut him and his reps too much slack for their supposed naivete.

This is so true...most Fullbacks can't last more than a game because of the RB "plowing into their knees". It's amazing any FB even lives after this punishment.:confused:

How absurd. WHat kind of a**hole even floats a ridiculous theory like that? Is there a rash of FB's hurt by "Plowing RB's"??

MacMullen is an idiot.

Anyone who has ever had to lead block in football knows thats bull**** more than anything. I've had guys in my back a lot more then my knees.

-Seymour has broken club policy by discussing injuries with the press on multiple occasions: FACT
-Seymour's employee blamed the coaching staff's decision to play Seymour at FB as the reason for his injury and subsequent substandard play: FACT
-Seymour has not played up to his prior standards since signing his contract: FACT
-Seymour preferred to rehab his injury away from the team, in SC, instead of at Foxboro. The rehab was unsuccessful: FACT
- MacMullen has a history of hit jobs on the Patriots head coach: FACT
-MacMullen has a history of misleading reporting: FACT
-MacMullen has a history of publishing controversial articles about key Patriot players on the eve of playoff games: FACT
-MacMullen has a history of writing articles in which players or their representatives blame BB for medical problems: FACT
-Seymour has a history of lashing out at the organization or coaching staff in the press. For example, after Deion Branch negotiations broke down, and after he played poorly in the Jet game at Gillette in 2006: FACT
-Borges has many times discussed his friendship with Seymour: FACT

Maybe you should stick to abstract mathematics.

Last edited:
I don't have issue with Seymour other than why now speak about it and beware the wolf in sheep's clothes. I wouldn't kill him for his performance and haven't. But I think you cut him and his reps too much slack for their supposed naivete.

Maybe he feels he's earned the right to reiterate that he's not at the top of his game right now. It's not even a really negative article, except that his trainer said BB made a mistake playing him at FB, which maybe BB might say also.

I read the article and did'nt really find anything wrong with it.
And honestly, havin 93 blocking in goal line situaions is dumb in my opinion. Am I the only one?

-Seymour's employee blamed the coaching staff's decision to play Seymour at FB as the reason for his injury and subsequent substandard play: FACT

this never happened. you need to learn what "fact" means

Last edited:
-Seymour has broken club policy by discussing injuries with the press on multiple occasions: FACT
-Seymour has not played up to his prior standards since signing his contract: FACT
-Seymour preferred to rehab his injury away from the team, in SC, instead of at Foxboro. The rehab was unsuccessful: FACT
- MacMullen has a history of hit jobs on the Patriots head coach: FACT
-MacMullen has a history of misleading reporting: FACT
-MacMullen has a history of publishing controversial articles about key Patriot players on the eve of playoff games: FACT
-MacMullen has a history of writing articles in which players or their representatives blame BB for medical problems: FACT
-Seymour has a history of lashing out at the organization or coaching staff in the press. For example, after Deion Branch negotiations broke down, and after he played poorly in the Jet game at Gillette in 2006: FACT
-Borges has many times discussed his friendship with Seymour: FACT

Maybe you should stick to abstract mathematics.

You imply Seymour is nefarious and the media is misleading and Macmullen doing a hit job. Is it Seymour or Macmullen unhatching this evil plan? Or both? None of what you said, many of which are not facts and are worded in a way that takes an event and makes it sound terrible, translate into any evidence that Seymour wants to undermine the coach and team on the eve of their first playoff game.

Maybe he feels he's earned the right to reiterate that he's not at the top of his game right now. It's not even a really negative article, except that his trainer said BB made a mistake playing him at FB, which maybe BB might say also.

Fine...but I prefer Football players that don't make excuses while they are still playing. Just a pet peeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore