PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackie MacMullen back to doing what she does best

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that article and I was shocked to see this thread--the interpretation here is almost deranged. It's an article about Seymour trying to get himself back to speed for the playoffs, after dealing with injuries, with his trainer saying the offensive plays were likely a factor getting him banged up. This is Seymour "trashing" BB?? Huh? I read over that like nothing--it's threads like these that remind me of talk radio and mediots who blow stuff out of proportion. What about this part of the article then:
Why not start a thread talking about how here's another example of how much the players love BB? Jeez, talk about peeing in the punch bowl.

Yup. Saturday cannot get here soon enough.

Seymour has always been one of the most outspoken guys on the team. Belichick has always let his veterans get away with talking more, and Seymour most of all. I don't think this article, even if you were to take an extreme view that this is somehow something outrageous, will bother anyone. Least of all BB.

Would you take Hobbs off the kickoff return team or Rodney off the kickoff team? Football players play football.

Yes, if there was someone else as good or just about as good for that role
and not a starter.

Seymour at Fullback?
What about Wright (before his injury) or Evans or Hochstein.
How much more at the Full Back position did Seymour really give you?

Yes, if there was someone else as good or just about as good for that role
and not a starter.

Seymour at Fullback?
What about Wright (before his injury) or Evans or Hochstein.
How much more at the Full Back position did Seymour really give you?

You must be unaware that Seymour was begging to play offense and eager to catch a TD. I even remember him jokingly complaining that Vrabel got a TD pass when Richard was the 1st option.

She seems to have the knack of writing something like this just before a playoff game. last yr it was asante ..now this...
You think seau is complaining fullback now ? Seymour played the position and got hurt. But its BB's philosophy to use as many players as possible in a play.

You must be unaware that Seymour was begging to play offense and eager to catch a TD. I even remember him jokingly complaining that Vrabel got a TD pass when Richard was the 1st option.

What Seymour wants and what is good for the health of team are two different things.
The risk was not necessary. IMO

What Seymour wants and what is good for the health of team are two different things.
The risk was not necessary. IMO

BB put Seymour out there for a reason, and I have no doubt his reasons were sound.

You read what you want to read like 99% of the homers on this site. Did you NOT read my post yesterday about Belichick being the BEST COACH of ALL TIME? Did you NOT read my posts about Tom Brady being the GREATEST QB of ALL TIME? Did you NOT read my posts after the Giants game about how I loved the way Maroney ran? Did you NOT read my posts about how Jacksonville is going to get blown out this saturday? Dude, stop being so sensitive when fans like me have something NEGATIVE to say about a thing or two when it comes to the Pats. Good lord.:rolleyes:

I'm not a homer, I abhor those who lack critical thinking skills and never question anything. I think that what happened to Ted Johnson, for instance was wrong, and I criticized BB for it. You may have written that, but the only things I've seen from you have been negative digs against the team that are as unfounded and groundless as people who take the "homer" stance in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You seem, like a handful of others on this site, to confuse assuming the counter-argument in almost every situation, and taking a negative stance, with objective reason. It doesn't make you an intelligent fan, it makes you Randy Quaid in Major League 2.

Seymour is not a team first player like Tom Brady, Tedy Bruschi,

Matt Light, Mike Vrabel, Ty Warren, and Kevin Faulk. He is more

like Ty Law, Damien Woody, and Lawyer Milloy. Show me the money.

I wonder if part of his knee problems come from the fact that his personal

trainer rehabilitates his knee during the off season and not the Pats'

training staff?

The time may have come to find his replacement especially since

the Pats have an early pick in the 2008 draft. Seymour will not

re-sign with the Pats unless he receives Dwight Freeney pay or

more when his contract runs out.

Re: "Man-hands" MacMullen back to doing what she does best

That greasy haired hag is getting real old. When was it that skank ran that Samuel piece? Was'nt that before a playoff game? I hate her so bad. And as for Richard Seymour I sure wish we would trade him. Hes a whiny little wimp, who plays small in big games. He is the opposite of Bruschi ,Vrabel, and Rodney.

It is pretty stupid to see defensive ends lining up as fullback. Don't they have Heath Evans?

She seems to have the knack of writing something like this just before a playoff game. last yr it was asante ..now this...
You think seau is complaining fullback now ? Seymour played the position and got hurt. But its BB's philosophy to use as many players as possible in a play.
Do not forget the Ted Johnspn interview as well..until SHE apologizes for the charade and skam she pulled with the Asante tatoo..she deserves NOTHINg but crotociosm..she's a phoney and any credibility anyone gives her is by idiots. This is MORE Globe BS...and nothing more..She basically is a sham way worse that Borges ever was.

The truth? Richard Seymour hasn't been healthy for more than two years. Even though he didn't have surgery on his damaged left knee until last spring, Seymour revealed in a lengthy interview that, for the past 2 1/2 years, he has been reduced to "just showing up, week to week, trying to perform with God-given ability, without any conditioning at all."

He was an All-Pro for the third consecutive year and didn't even consider offseason surgery. Rest, and proper conditioning, he surmised, would eradicate the pain.

He was wrong.

He hoped offseason surgery would set him right. It was not a major procedure - "just to take care of the cartilage in my knee that needed to be cleaned up," Seymour said.

Now, THIS quote is not from Seymour:

"I'm sure Richard wouldn't say this, and the Patriots would probably rather not hear it, but those goal line situations they put him in on offense were what started all this.

"When Richard was the lead blocker, he had Corey Dillon literally plowing into the back of his knee on five or six occasions. It might have been effective, but it caused problems with Richard's knee.

The article talks about the team being understanding of his preference to train at home, and it talks of him being a quite leader.

There's only one negative here and it was said by a personal trainer who's rehabbing an injured patient. To say that this article is Seymour complaining about BB is just ludicrous.

Do not forget the Ted Johnspn interview as well..until SHE apologizes for the charade and skam she pulled with the Asante tatoo..she deserves NOTHINg but crotociosm..she's a phoney and any credibility anyone gives her is by idiots. This is MORE Globe BS...and nothing more..She basically is a sham way worse that Borges ever was.

A+ for spelling.

To say that this article is Seymour complaining about BB is just ludicrous.

You are very gullible if you believe that. The timing and the content of this article was controlled by Seymour and his representatives. For a player of his magnitude media access of this kind is managed very carefully. MacMullen was granted access to Seymour's longtime trainer because Seymour and his representatives wanted to get a message out. The message is: Seymour is a noble warrior fighting back from an injury caused by a coaching error. Seymour's dropoff in performance is due to the injury caused by that error.

You are very gullible if you believe that. The timing and the content of this article was controlled by Seymour and his representatives. For a player of his magnitude media access of this kind is managed very carefully. MacMullen was granted access to Seymour's longtime trainer because Seymour and his representatives wanted to get a message out. The message is: Seymour is a noble warrior fighting back from an injury caused by a coaching error. Seymour's dropoff in performance is due to the injury caused by that error.

And you know all of this how? If Macmullen called his trainer and interviewed him, how do you know she didn't just cherry pick everything to make it seem this way. These quotes are probably the closest the trainer came to criticizing the Pats in an entire conversation, and they still aren't even as harsh as you make them sound.

I love how now you are not only implying that he's a malcontent who won't shoulder any responsibility, but that he's so malicious he deliberately released the article the day before the playoff game to undermine his own team. I know the Boston Globe has a standard rule that interview subjects are solely in control of when an article about them is published:rolleyes:

It's not a matter of gullability, you are reaching for something that's just not there.

. I know the Boston Globe has a standard rule that interview subjects are solely in control of when an article about them is published:rolleyes:

Actually, that is the EXACT reason Jackie MacMullen gave me in her e-mail response as to why the Asante Samuel Incorrect Tattoo story was held for two weeks last year, only to be published on the day of the first playoff game. In throwing him under the bus regarding the timing of the story, she exposed the Boston Globe's willingness to let the story subject dictate timing.

Re: "Man-hands" MacMullen back to doing what she does best

Don't forget, this is the same "journalist" who falsely claimed (also, coincidentally, on the morning of the Pats first playoff game last year) that Asante Samuel's tattoo read "Get Paid".

I was listening to one of those sportsblabber shows on the car radio (Dale&Holley, I think) when one of the hosts repeated the "Get Paid" canard. What is tattooed on Samuel's arm? I kept waiting for someone to call and correct the talker.

Actually, that is the EXACT reason Jackie MacMullen gave me in her e-mail response as to why the Asante Samuel Incorrect Tattoo story was held for two weeks last year, only to be published on the day of the first playoff game. In throwing him under the bus regarding the timing of the story, she exposed the Boston Globe's willingness to let the story subject dictate timing.

so Asante deliberately released the article an the day of the first playoff game? We certainly have a lot of T.O.s on this team

so Asante deliberately released the article an the day of the first playoff game? We certainly have a lot of T.O.s on this team

That was Jackie MacMullen's story and she was definitely sticking with it in her response e-mail to me.

She was completely blaming Asante for being a manipulator (as if the Globe didn't have the power to decide the timing of the story!) and was going on about things like "You fans make heroes out of these people who can be pretty slimy".

She portayed herself as being Asante's victim in the whole thing. She mentioned the tattoo to him, then laughed "Get Paid" huh?. He didn't correct her, so she took that as him telling her that the tattoo said "Get Paid".

She's a real Woodward and Bernstein, that Jackie Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore