PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It looks bad, but let's look at the schedule ahead....

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) One game at a time

2) Winning the division is all-important, as it always is.

3) Teams have gone to the SB with worse secondaries; the 2011 patriots come to mind.

4) I'm sure jets and miami and fans are projecting winning the division based on their easy schedules.

5) It sucks to have the best coaching staff and front office in the history of the nil, and still not be able to solve a personnel problem for five years.
================

While looking at the schedule is somewhat comforting, we also have to realize that we've already lost two games (Arizona & Seattle) that we considered wins when we looked at the schedule a month ago.

Someone should teach BB "Take the sure points" not "Gamble with a good defensve team" :eek:

The part that confused me is he decided to gamble there, but took the "sure" points on the previous drive on 4th and less than 1... The whole game felt like they didn't have a clear/decisive strategy for how they wanted to play the Seahawks. One minute they're being ultraconservative and then next their playing the odds. I'm not a big fan of saying any one call was bad, but the grab bag of them was. The big ones that stand out are the 4th and 1 call, going for the TD with 6s left, Brady throwing on 3rd and 1 in the redzone, and the next to last drive. You have 4 turning points in the game and in 2 they played the odds and 2 they went ultraconservative. We pretty much know that if they stuck with the ultraconservative strategy in each case they would've won, and I'm thinking it's safe to say that if they played the odds in each case at least once they would've payed off and they would've won.

The Pats failed in every phase of the game and the coaching was off as well. It's actually pretty surprising they almost won.

While looking at the schedule is somewhat comforting, we also have to realize that we've already lost two games (Arizona & Seattle) that we considered wins when we looked at the schedule a month ago.

Those games were looked at as wins because nobody saw the NFC West being as tough as it currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST