PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It looks bad, but let's look at the schedule ahead....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Next week Jets then followed by-
Rams
Bye
Bills
Colts
Jets
Fins
Texans
49ers
Jaguars
Fins

First off the Patriots need to get real momentum going, they need to do that by winning these next two games before the bye. Then we're at 5-3, ok.

Let's remember if the Pats can sweep this division, which they've been able to do, or at least go 5-1, they're then at 8-4. We beat Colts, Jags, now we're 10-4. Beat one of the Texans/49ers games, we're up at a solid 11-5, and division title. 3rd seed most likely, but maybe 2nd seed and a bye if we can get a tie-breaker over the Texans.

It's sound like a tall order the way it's started, but it's still a very realistic possibility.

EDIT: I know I'm not counting in the order of the schedule, it's just me doing the math here.

Last edited:
need to be 5-3 going into the bye

Hate to be a Debbie-downer, but beating a bunch of lousy teams to stroke our egos won't fix our problems.

Hate to be a Debbie-downer, but beating a bunch of lousy teams to stroke our egos won't fix our problems.

No, it won't. I'm just trying to make a point here that a high seed ranking in the AFC isn't out of the question yet.

But I do agree though. This secondary is playing awful, I'm done avoiding that. I will defend McCourty who believe it or not, has been the least of our secondary problems. The biggest culprit is Kyle Arrington. No doubt he is playing flat out awful. Same goes to Chung.

No, it won't. I'm just trying to make a point here that a high seed ranking in the AFC isn't out of the question yet.

But I do agree though. This secondary is playing awful, I'm done avoiding that. I will defend McCourty who believe it or not, has been the least of our secondary problems. The biggest culprit is Kyle Arrington. No doubt he is playing flat out awful. Same goes to Chung.

I don't doubt that we'll make the playoffs, I'm just tired of our troubles in the secondary.

We have two "easy" games left for the year: Jaguars and Colts. This has been discussed a lot on this board. Our schedule is not easy, especially when relative to our team.

The only game I feel like is an easy game is the JAG game. Which means we'll find a way to screw that up too. :rolleyes:

It is still only mid-October with a young team. Going into December last year, the Giants didn't even look like they were going to make the playoffs never mind win the Super Bowl.

A team with a secondary this bad, this absolutely incompetent, a paste eating short bus crew PI machine secondary that doesn't even deserve to be on the field in a division 2AA college game- had best not look past any team.

10-6 is the very best they can do.

It is still only mid-October with a young team. Going into December last year, the Giants didn't even look like they were going to make the playoffs never mind win the Super Bowl.

You know what?? Rob made an excellent point here. Who really cares what record we finish with as long as we make the playoffs it's a free for all. I mean, did we not witness a 9-7 and a 10-6 win SB's the last two seasons??

Tell you what, throw what record we get in the regular season out the window. Make the playoffs, and don't lose from there on out and there you go.

Winning and putting yourself in position to make a SB run is all that matters. Sure there's work to be done but look at some of the past SB champions. They've been at worse lows than 3-3. Some of these teams were 10-6 or even 9-7 in the regular season and backpeddled into the playoffs, then fixed their problems at the right time and got a little bit lucky.

Every team aside from maybe Houston thus far has had it's issues. And Houston themselves are very good but certainly no juggernaut. All we need to do is put ourselves in position and hopefully be playing better football by January.

No but it will give us time to fix things if we can win. Just be 5-3 into the bye

And we cannot..i repeat..cannot lose to the jets sunday..no choice

Rams
Bye
Bills
Colts
Jets
Fins
Texans
49ers
Jaguars
Fins

First off the Patriots need to get real momentum going, they need to do that by winning these next two games before the bye. Then we're at 5-3, ok.

Let's remember if the Pats can sweep this division, which they've been able to do, or at least go 5-1, they're then at 8-4. We beat Colts, Jags, now we're 10-4. Beat one of the Texans/49ers games, we're up at a solid 11-5, and division title. 3rd seed most likely, but maybe 2nd seed and a bye if we can get a tie-breaker over the Texans.

It's sound like a tall order the way it's started, but it's still a very realistic possibility.

EDIT: I know I'm not counting in the order of the schedule, it's just me doing the math here.
That looks like about 2800 passing yards and 20 passing tds against the pats to me....

ya, im still not too worried yet...its all about how you are playing in December...we win the next 2 games and its 5-3....this team definitely has the potential to go on a big winning streak.

as long as you make the playoffs, anything can happen...the AFC seems pretty open...the Ravens/Texans dont exactly look dominant

If we manage to lose next week I will be concerned. The secondary was horrible again, but I still have some hope they can be mediocre and our O can get some momentum. I think we can win the next 6.

Lets see how Balt and Houston do too. There are still a lot of games to be played.

Rams
Bye
Bills
Colts
Jets
Fins
Texans
49ers
Jaguars
Fins

I see the Pats loosing to the Texans, the 49ers, and a game to Miami and the Jets. This is a 9-7 team and it could easily fall to 7-9.

I expected the coaching staff to win a game or two with their
schemes. Instead, they are part of the problem.

Don't count on the easy schedule to bail them out. They still
have to play good to win.

Also, don't think their record in past years counts anymore. All
the milestones have come to an end.

Last edited:
out of the next 4 games..3 are at home and 1 at a neutral setting..a good thing for a struggling team

JUST BEAT THE JETS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents