PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Woodhead's Roster Spot As Safe As We Think It Is??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy

Is that you overrating Patriots players??????????

How is stating his playing time overrating him?
Is there really any dispute that no one on the current roster can fill his role?

If you are going to make a comparison, the least you could do is make it a relevant one. Chris Ogbonnaya, while the 3rd RB on the Browns, is a down hill runner and part-time FB. Which is a different skillset than Woodhead, who is a scat back. Not to mention that Woodhead does kick returning and kick/punt coverage, racking up 7 STs tackles when he wasn't injured.

His production was close enough for a comparison. I wasn't aiming to compare styles. I was aiming to show that a scrub like Ogbonnaya put up the same 'production' as Woody in limited work.

To say that Woodhead's production is easily replaced is an overstatement. It CAN be replaced. How easily depends on who steps up. If neither Addai nor Vereen step up, then what happens? There is no one to replace that production.

If Woodhead went down for the season tomorrow, none of us would be worried abot the offense. That's how I would sum up my feelings on him.

Ogbonnaya is NOT a starting back. The only reason he started was the injury to Hillis. And Ogbonnaya put up 90 and 115 yards on the Rams and Jaguars. Two of the worst run defenses in the league. YOU could have put up those numbers against those poor run defenses. In his other two starts, against Houston and against Cinncinnati, he had 13 and 3 carries respectively. YEAH. He's got a LOT going for him there.. :rolleyes:

The only person over-valuing a player is you on Ogbonnaya..

Despite being a year younger than Woodhead, Ogbonnaya has a TOTAL of 15 games in 3 seasons (he was either on the PS our out of the league in 2010) since entering the league. Woodhead has been in 40 games in 4 seasons, missing most of 2009 with an injury.

I guarantee you that Woodhead has more trade value than Ogbonnaya.

Like I said, Ogbonnaya is a scrub...but he is a scrub with the same amount of 'production' that people were lauding Woodhead for.

His production was close enough for a comparison. I wasn't aiming to compare styles. I was aiming to show that a scrub like Ogbonnaya put up the same 'production' as Woody in limited work.

If Woodhead went down for the season tomorrow, none of us would be worried abot the offense. That's how I would sum up my feelings on him.

Like I said, Ogbonnaya is a scrub...but he is a scrub with the same amount of 'production' that people were lauding Woodhead for.

Other than not having as much productiion, what criteria are you using to say he had more production?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday