PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this why Ridley didn't start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Offensive coordinator limits Stevan Ridley to just six first-half snaps (not including kneel-down), keeping one of the team's top threats on the sideline. It's possible the decision came from head coach Bill Belichick as a form of discipline for Ridley's reaction while scoring a touchdown last week.
Stevan Ridley 17-yard touchdown run - NFL Videos

Seems silly for that

************ so you can't rub it in the faces of the Jests when you score a TD?

Pathetic, this team not allowed to play with an attitude at times it what irks me about BB sometimes.

For me shoving it in their throats makes it much sweeter when you back it up. Brady does that kind of stuff all the time, he never gets benched does he?

silly billy ! his ego will be his undoing. :mad:

I think the plan is to use Blount to wear the D down and unleash Ridley with fresh legs.

Pathetic, this team not allowed to play with an attitude at times it what irks me about BB sometimes.

For me shoving it in their throats makes it much sweeter when you back it up. Brady does that kind of stuff all the time, he never gets benched does he?

silly billy ! his ego will be his undoing. :mad:

Aren't you guys overreacting a bit considering that this is just a theory?

BB probably benched him because of the haircut he got ..........

1) Taunting is against the rules and punishable by a 15 yard penalty.

2) No, this type of behavior is NOT what Bill wants on his team. He has run his teams demanding a certain set of behavior for a dozen years. That way of running the team has had a modicum of success.

I think the plan is to use Blount to wear the D down and unleash Ridley with fresh legs.

All those 1 yard runs didn't seem to exhaust them though.

All those 1 yard runs didn't seem to exhaust them though.

maybe we should compare 1st and 2nd half rushing numbers...

BB did the same with Welker in the 2010 playoffs.

1) Taunting is against the rules and punishable by a 15 yard penalty.

2) No, this type of behavior is NOT what Bill wants on his team. He has run his teams demanding a certain set of behavior for a dozen years. That way of running the team has had a modicum of success.

I'm all for enforcing discipline and if that's what not using Ridley and Logan R was that's fine. I'm just looking at that play and not seeing much of anything if Bob Deerdouche doesn't make a point of it.

I started the thread, but if I thought it was noticeable taunting I would agree with it. That's why we win and teams that let their players act like jackasses lose.

Both he and ryan claimed it wasnt a disciplinary action. One of the series is skewed with the brady int as well.

I totally disagree with the notion that we must crack down and show discipline over little things, even if it hurts the team.

Reminds me of the 2010 playoff game where Belichick sat our best receiver (Welker) on the sidelines for the opening possession because of feet references.

maybe we should compare 1st and 2nd half rushing numbers...

You're position is they were so tired watching Blount fall down after a yard they couldn't tackle Ridley in the second half, even after resting at half time.

If I misinterpret, or am missing some sarcasm, please let me know.

Blount might have lulled them to sleep, I'll grant you that.

its that or maybe he fumbled in practice ;) any ways the only real offense they have right now is Ridley they need to find ways to get him the ball more

stop calling BB and the Pats "stupid"...everyone KNOWS the Pats have team rules that apply to EVERY player, no matter their skill level.It has gotten them THIS far the past THIRTEEN YEARS. I don't like it as a fan either BUT it's the Patriots way of doing things and has been since BB took over. It's NOT stupid. It's big picture thinking, strategic thinking. We are just fans, we have to live with it.

I totally disagree with the notion that we must crack down and show discipline over little things, even if it hurts the team.

Reminds me of the 2010 playoff game where Belichick sat our best receiver (Welker) on the sidelines for the opening possession because of feet references.

By hurts the team you mean give us the best record in football for the last 13 years? (I believe that's true).

He averaged 4.2 yards a carry and busted out a 19 yard rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore