PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is This Where We Finally See Jake Bequette On The Field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not, because all indications are that he can't play. That may very well change in the future, since it's happened before, but as of now he's a major bust.

Tom Brady won the Super Bowl the first year he was out there playing. I wouldn't level that with giving Jake Bequette more time to develop. Brady was also one of the backups to an All-Pro QB in his rookie year. No such player stands in the way of Bequette.

No. The players in front of Bequette include Chandler Jones, the teams 1st round pick, Rob Ninkovich, arguably the teams best all-around DE, Jermaine Cunningham, a 3rd round pick who has good pass rush moves. Then you have Travis Scott who was a free agent they brought in and Justin Francis, also a free agent they brought in. Since you missed it, Scott, Francis and Bequette have basically been rotating who has been sitting out so far this season.

I was simply saying that typically (there's always exceptions) players don't suddenly get it. There's always a hint, and we have no hints with Bequette. The reference I always use is how everyone (large percentage of posters here) wanted and hoped to the point that they believed that Pierre Woods was going to transform from a backup/special teamer into a good OLB once he was the starter simply because he was the starter. We never saw anything he did on the field that made us think Pierre Woods is anything special or even anything respectable.

Being a UDFA is the depths, but Francis was getting a lot of acknowledgement from very early on in the preseason.

Comparing Bequette to Woods.. Really? The two have nothing in common.

Probably not, because all indications are that he can't play. That may very well change in the future, since it's happened before, but as of now he's a major bust.

What indications are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back