PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is that the most tainted sports championship you've witnessed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

@Ian, could we get a filter that adds an asterisk * to the end of words like Chiefs* or Mahomes*?

• Yes please add a filter like that, I'll donate to make it happen

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • No don't do it

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big calls in the playoffs that went the Patriots way?

The Myles Jack fumble return is up there. Might have been a quick whistle. Surprised they didn't let him finish the play which was a return for a TD then review afterward to see if he was touched...and he might not have been?
I remember that play. It was one of those "I'm happy we got that call" plays.

Kansas City earned the SB victory. They scored more points than the Eagles. What is the big deal? It was a very entertaining game (until the penalty call at the end...refs make mistakes, whatever) and I am glad I watched it. I got what I wanted out of the game; hung out with good friends, ate great food, watched some entertaining football and had a few whiskey cokes. It was a good day. KC won, why does that bother people so much? Let KC fans have their fun in the sun. But I'll tell you what, I'm sure as **** going to be rooting against their asses come next season and be pulling for NE to reclaim the Lombardi like I've done every year (sometimes quite foolishly) since 1975. Go Pats!!

A false start and a delay of game are 5 yard penalties with no loss of down. If they're called you still have the ball. You still can overcome it. I ticky-tac call that extends a drive at that point of the game means you run the clock down to a few seconds to kick a game winning field goal. It was a game sealing penalty. The Eagles had their chance to tie stolen from them.
I'm familiar with how false start and delay of game work. But the difference between 3 and 10 vs 3 and 5 is huge. Everyone here has seen drives stalled because of stupid false starts. Especially with a quarterback like Hurts. But that's not the point. The point is, many among us are claiming the officials gave the game to the Chiefs with their 6 penalties. If they wanted to give the game away, they call those penalties no matter how insignificant you think they are.

I'm familiar with how false start and delay of game work. But the difference between 3 and 10 vs 3 and 5 is huge. Everyone here has seen drives stalled because of stupid false starts. Especially with a quarterback like Hurts. But that's not the point. The point is, many among us are claiming the officials gave the game to the Chiefs with their 6 penalties. If they wanted to give the game away, they call those penalties no matter how insignificant you think they are.
Of course some drives stall but at least there's a fighting chance to overcome a penalty. Not as huge as running out the clock at the end of the game. It was so ticky-tac that you have this controversy now. It was the most impactful flag of the night. Other flags missed had an impact but not like that last one. That's the point

You're ignoring the multiple uncalled false starts, the multiple uncalled delay of game
It's funny how the refs were ignoring all of these penalties, yet on the most pivotal play of the game, they throw a flag against the Eagles for miniscule contact by comparison, while still ignoring another blatant penalty by a Chiefs* offensive lineman. Pretty sketchy set of circumstances. It ultimately denied the Eagles a final opportunity and sealed the game for the Chiefs*.

Going to close this, as it’s been almost a week and I’m a little surprised we’re still talking about it. Time to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST