PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is that the most tainted sports championship you've witnessed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

@Ian, could we get a filter that adds an asterisk * to the end of words like Chiefs* or Mahomes*?

• Yes please add a filter like that, I'll donate to make it happen

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • No don't do it

Votes: 27 48.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
people claiming sports can’t be rigged remind me of The Godfather

“Who's being naïve, Kay?”
I love that Patriots fans think that Super Bowls champs are rigged, except Patriots Super Bowls. Those are the legit ones.

I do have to admit that I love the sweet sweet tears of Patriots fans. It's one of the most wonderful things ever. I assume it's because you have a crazy amount of bandwagon fans like the Yankees and Cowboys that were not really Patriots fans, but fans of winning teams. Now that's gone and there's a lot of people left being bitter and whiny because they have to be actual fans of the team when it's not so great. I truly love it.
What's any of that have to do with what I said? I'm just pointing out the obvious. The NFL wanted to the Kansas City Chiefs* to win the Super Bowl because dynasties are great for business. Because the Chiefs* kept ****ing things up more often than not, the NFL kept a helpful eye on them this season. The league basically announced the Chiefs* would be the #1 seed after they conveniently couldn't find the time to complete the BUF@CIN game.

Then after Mahomes* nearly fumbled away the conference championship game against CIN, the league immediately called in a code red to the officiating crew who ensured the Chiefs* would not blow another AFCCG at home.

Then the league capped it off with the phantom defensive holding (on routine contact in a game where the refs allowed a death metal mosh pit in the trenches), which denied the Eagles an opportunity to tie or win the game on a 2 minute possession with 2 timeouts. This wasn't the only highly sketchy call by the officiating crew either.

The Chiefs* don't win the AFCCG or Super Bowl without help from the league and the refs. They apparently ****ed around with the field conditions too just as an added advantage for the Chiefs.*

What's any of that have to do with what I said? I'm just pointing out the obvious. The NFL wanted to the Kansas City Chiefs* to win the Super Bowl because dynasties are great for business. Because the Chiefs* kept ****ing things up more often than not, the NFL kept a helpful eye on them this season. The league basically announced the Chiefs* would be the #1 seed after they conveniently couldn't find the time to complete the BUF@CIN game.

Then after Mahomes* nearly fumbled away the conference championship game against CIN, the league immediately called in a code red to the officiating crew who ensured the Chiefs* would not blow another AFCCG at home.

Then the league capped it off with the phantom defensive holding (on routine contact in a game where the refs allowed a death metal mosh pit in the trenches), which denied the Eagles an opportunity to tie or win the game on a 2 minute possession with 2 timeouts. This wasn't the only highly sketchy call by the officiating crew either.

The Chiefs* don't win the AFCCG or Super Bowl without help from the league and the refs. They apparently ****ed around with the field conditions too just as an added advantage for the Chiefs.*
The league ignored multiple false starts on the Eagles and ignored a pretty obvious DPI that ended a drive earlier in the game. Gave the Eagles the benefit of every close challenge and called 6 total penalties on the Eagles. I'd have rather not had the controversy at the end of the game, but the Chiefs would have been ahead with a minute to go either way. The game wasn't handed to them.

The Bengals beat the dog **** out of the Bills on the road shortly after the canceled game at home. At that point in the season, the Bengals were the better team. They were ahead when the game was called and having their way with Buffalo. The league tried to make them finish the game and those two teams said no. And then the Bills flew home. Not the league's or Chiefs fault. The league followed the rules about unplayed games and appllied them.

There was nothing wrong with the AFCCG and in no way did the Chiefs benefit from anything wrong. Even if you think the Chiefs benefited from an extra down, they punted 3 plays later and it had no bearing on the game other than it changed the clock. But there was no way to know whether that benefits or hurts the Chiefs. The out of bounds push is how the game is today and would be called anytime a quarterback is pushed running out of bounds.

I know you guys desperately need to start protecting your legacy, but it's getting kind of sad to watch.

In addition to following the rules that gave the Chiefs the number 1 seed, they changed the rules and would have taken away HFA for the Chiefs had the Bills won and made us play at a neutral site. That is unprecedented and if they were trying to help the Chiefs there is no way they do that.

The league ignored multiple false starts on the Eagles and ignored a pretty obvious DPI that ended a drive earlier in the game. Gave the Eagles the benefit of every close challenge and called 6 total penalties on the Eagles. I'd have rather not had the controversy at the end of the game, but the Chiefs would have been ahead with a minute to go either way. The game wasn't handed to them.

The Bengals beat the dog **** out of the Bills on the road shortly after the canceled game at home. At that point in the season, the Bengals were the better team. They were ahead when the game was called and having their way with Buffalo. The league tried to make them finish the game and those two teams said no. And then the Bills flew home. Not the league's or Chiefs fault. The league followed the rules about unplayed games and appllied them.

There was nothing wrong with the AFCCG and in no way did the Chiefs benefit from anything wrong. Even if you think the Chiefs benefited from an extra down, they punted 3 plays later and it had no bearing on the game other than it changed the clock. But there was no way to know whether that benefits or hurts the Chiefs. The out of bounds push is how the game is today and would be called anytime a quarterback is pushed running out of bounds.

I know you guys desperately need to start protecting your legacy, but it's getting kind of sad to watch.
I'm not going to go through every single impropriety from the regular season, postseason and individual games but there's a lot to chew on there. Seems like too the league was making **** up on the fly to hand the Chiefs* the #1 seed. If every game was not going to be complete then at the very least the AFCCG should have been designated for a neutral site.

The push out of bounds by the numbskull Bengals defender was bad but Mahomes launched himself to the ground and so many flags were thrown that I think Goodell even threw one from his box seat.

The ******** flag on the 3rd down had a huge impact on the Super Bowl outcome. The contact was minimal, the flag was highly inconsistent with how the refs called the first 58 minutes, it didn't effect JuJu's route, and the ball wasn't even remotely catchable. The Eagles got majorly screwed.

And I'm protecting anything. The Patriots had a 20-year dynasty, played in 13 conference championship games, 9 Super Bowls and won 6. No other team will match that anytime soon. We'll see where the Chiefs* go from here, but they're not even a dynasty yet, and their second Super Bowl title* is highly tainted.

don’t forget the NFL canceling the BUF-CIN game. not even giving BUF the opportunity to get the #1 seed. I knew right then in there KC would get calls (or non calls) in the playoffs and sure enough here we are

The Bills aren't winning the Super Bowl ever.

The Bills aren't winning the Super Bowl ever.

That would turn out to be a Marino-esque failure. Allen is way too talented, and his ceiling is so high, that a Super Bowl title seems inevitable.

I love that Patriots fans think that Super Bowls champs are rigged, except Patriots Super Bowls. Those are the legit ones.
Honestly it's like this whenever people complain about sports being rigged. It's only the results they don't like that are "rigged".

Thread is kind of embarrassing tbh

I'm not going to go through every single impropriety from the regular season, postseason and individual games but there's a lot to chew on there. Seems like too the league was making **** up on the fly to hand the Chiefs* the #1 seed. If every game was not going to be complete then at the very least the AFCCG should have been designated for a neutral site.
The league tried to finish the game. The Bills said no. Then they flew home. So the league followed the rules, gave the Chiefs the number 1 seed based on winning percentage. We had zero say. The Bills did. Then the league decided to **** the Chiefs and give the Bills a neutral site. If they wanted to help the Chiefs as you guys love to say, they had no business doing that. They changed the rules at the 11th hour to hurt the Chiefs.

That would turn out to be a Marino-esque failure. Allen is way too talented, and his ceiling is so high, that a Super Bowl title seems inevitable.
58D936144C7BECADB14F902BEF89E0608839C034

Honestly it's like this whenever people complain about sports being rigged. It's only the results they don't like that are "rigged".

Thread is kind of embarrassing tbh
Yeah there's nothing rigged.
KC won fair and square with the ass beating they put on the Eagles in the 2nd half.
I only think the refs shouldn't have thrown the flag in that spot after not calling it all game when JuJu got held even more before that play. KC also got away with hands to the face in the exact play by the LT

Allen is talented but makes stupid decisions and he hasn't improved in that area at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
KC won fair and square with the ass beating they put on the Eagles in the 2nd half.
I only think the refs shouldn't have thrown the flag in that spot after not calling it all game when JuJu got held even more before that play. KC also got away with hands to the face in the exact play by the LT

I think everyone wishes they hadn't thrown that flag.

The Eagles right tackle was moving prior to the snap for 3 straight playoff games. NO FLAGS.
Von Miller was offsides for the entire AFCCG NO FLAGS. I was there. Not open for debate.

Rigged or not this is some BS.

The Eagles right tackle was moving prior to the snap for 3 straight playoff games. NO FLAGS.
Von Miller was offsides for the entire AFCCG NO FLAGS. I was there. Not open for debate.

Rigged or not this is some BS.
I think anyone that watched knows there were several delay of game penalties that should have been called also.

The league tried to finish the game. The Bills said no. Then they flew home. So the league followed the rules, gave the Chiefs the number 1 seed based on winning percentage. We had zero say. The Bills did. Then the league decided to **** the Chiefs and give the Bills a neutral site. If they wanted to help the Chiefs as you guys love to say, they had no business doing that. They changed the rules at the 11th hour to hurt the Chiefs.
Right, they were making **** up on the fly like I said. Mostly to the benefit of the Chiefs.*

The Bills flew home because their teammate literally died right before their eyes. Thankfully he was revived and there was a positive outcome. However, I don't think anyone really expected them to finish the game that night. The league should have fit the game in somehow, they had options, but they opted to reward the Chiefs* with the #1 seed instead. Once the decision had been made to cancel the game, and there would be an inequitable schedule for two of the playoff contending teams, the league at least should have designated a neutral site for AFCCG.

Right, they were making **** up on the fly like I said. Mostly to the benefit of the Chiefs.*

The Bills flew home because their teammate literally died right before their eyes. Thankfully he was revived and there was a positive outcome. However, I don't think anyone really expected them to finish the game that night. The league should have fit the game in somehow, they had options, but they opted to reward the Chiefs* with the #1 seed instead. Once the decision had been made to cancel the game, and there would be an inequitable schedule for two of the playoff contending teams, the league at least should have designated a neutral site for AFCCG.
No. Once the decision was made to cancel the game, there is a rule. One that they didn't follow to. To the detriment of the Chiefs.

lol that's great, they called a nothing penalty on Bradberry while ignoring a blatant hands to the face by the Chiefs* on the same play. This makes it even worse than I thought.

No. Once the decision was made to cancel the game, there is a rule. One that they didn't follow to. To the detriment of the Chiefs.
They should have completed the game on a later date. Being named the #1 seed wasn't to the detriment of the Chiefs.*

And the most likely scenario was that the Bills were going to lose to the Bengals and the Chiefs have the outright number 1 seed. Instead, they ****ed the Chiefs by not making them play and taking a likely loss. That basically took a home game away. But I guess that's helping the Chiefs somehow since everything always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST