PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is McCauley Available @ 24?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Predator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know his name isn't unknown here. I would love to see him drafted by the Pats.

Here is his profile from nfldraftcountdown where he is predicted to be a low 20's pick.

Strengths:
Has prototypical size...Timed speed is outstanding...Athletic and quick with fluid hips and a great burst...Physical and aggressive...A playmaker with pretty good ball skills...Has great body control, leaping ability and timing...Good tackler who will support versus the run...Has superb instincts for the game...A hard worker with good intangibles...Is able to play and excel in either man or zone coverage.

Weaknesses:
His technique and footwork can be inconsistent...Will gamble and take too many risks...Hands are questionable and he will drop some interceptions...Needs to get a little stronger...Was not really thrown at a lot in college...Has trouble locating the ball...Struggled mightily at times in 2006 and didn't have a great senior year.

Notes:
A better prospect than Richard Marshall (a 2nd round pick) was a year ago and he had a great rookie season for the Carolina Panthers...Really has all of the physical tools you look for in a top cornerback and should be able to step in and start very early on...The type of lockdown corner that every team is constantly searching for.

he should be. he was easily top 15 pick start of season..didnt seem to care/try this year..got benched @ 1 point...their whole D stunk in general so u cant fully blame McCauley. Hes fast, 4.3 speed...great size and physical. He had a good day of practice yesterday @ senior bowl

hes a high risk high reward type of guy..you take ihm in first and u get

1.) The tremendous athlete and CB who teamed with Marshall to have a great duo

or you get

A fast athletic guy who wont be much than a 3rd-4th CB on a team and a KR/PR

i like him a lot but i have my concerns about his senior year. maybe scouts find soemthing out..who knows

normalyl he would slip out of round 1 but his physical tools are too much to pass on as is his upside

Last edited:
I just checked a bunch of Mocks and for what its worth; here's where they have him projected. Looks like Late teens,early 20's

19. Tennessee Titans-Cornerback Marcus McCauley, Fresno State -2 times
22 Dallas Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State
25. N.Y. JETS MARCUS McCAULEY CB FRESNO STATE
24 N.England Patriots Daymeion Hughes Cornerback California
20 Giants Marcus McCauley CB Fresno State- 2 times
27 Saints. Marcus McCauley CB
18 Bengals CB - Marcus McCauley 6-1, 205

From what the NFL countdown guy says, Irons of Auburn has looked better than McCauley in practices.

Meanwhile the little CB from Maryland with the blazing speed appears to play a real physical game. He's turning some heads as well.

McCauley supposedly not having good week. Anyone know anything about this Cedric Houston - CB - Arkansas?? Let's keep Asante. Draft some lb's.

Still, BB will get the lowdown on McCauley from Pat Hill, if we draft him, you'll know he is going to be a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes