PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is John Clayton on ESPN a complete idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheenix11

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
First a couple weeks ago they had him on ESPN radio and asked him what effect Rodney Harrison's injury would have on the Pats. He said that they had capable backups in Eugene Wilson. The same Eugene Wilson who has been on the IR for weeks.

Then today they ask him how the Colts look for next year. He said they will be fine, they will probably franchise Freeney and resign Cato June. He also said they don't have many free agents. Umm, with 5 million in cap room how are they going to do either?

How can this idiot go on the airwaves and say completely incorrect things and be considered an "expert".

Its his job to know this stuff, if anyone else was as incompetent at their job as he is, they would be fired. The people on this board know more than him.

Yes, he is. That one was easy. What's the next question?

Last edited:
Not to defend Mr. Peepers on this, but the Colts will have to do some major restucturing of present contract starting with Peyton.

Let's see what they do by 3/1 before Mr. Peepers was wrong again.

John Clayton is the president of the ESPN Peyton Manning ball-washing club.

First a couple weeks ago they had him on ESPN radio and asked him what effect Rodney Harrison's injury would have on the Pats. He said that they had capable backups in Eugene Wilson. The same Eugene Wilson who has been on the IR for weeks.

Then today they ask him how the Colts look for next year. He said they will be fine, they will probably franchise Freeney and resign Cato June. He also said they don't have many free agents. Umm, with 5 million in cap room how are they going to do either?

How can this idiot go on the airwaves and say completely incorrect things and be considered an "expert".

Its his job to know this stuff, if anyone else was as incompetent at their job as he is, they would be fired. The people on this board know more than him.

Oh come on, you know the cap doesn't matter what so ever. Haven't the Redskins already proved that. Colts will find a way to resign both June and Freeney.

--Yes, next question!

I actually tune in when they have Clayton on, if Salisbury is with him. (they ask both their opinions) Salisbury hates Clayton and always rips him a new one everytime they are on the air together. Clayton is wrong all the time, it's a wonder he's still there!

Clayton is going to go on ESPN and say how smart he is because he picked the Colts. He just hopes everyone forgot that he picks the Colts every single year, in every single game.

Why is that it seems the Patriots are the only team to have been royally screwed over by the cap last few years as in losing Law, Branch, Givens & AV.

Why is it that it seems we are going to get boned again with major losses of Samuel, Graham, TBC and some minor ones as well??

Hard cap, soft cap, cash over cap, rookie pool, RFA's, UFA's - whatever, it seems we are one of the few to lose talent and not be in a position to sign others teams FA's.

If the Colts, Redskins and the other teams in supposed cap hell, do not suffer significant player loss due to their current cap situation, then I am going to start to think something may be rotten in Foxboro.

Ofcourse, he is such a dumb piece of crap. One of the worst on ESPN and that is saying something. There are some pretty bad analysts and Clayton is amongst them.

Oh come on, you know the cap doesn't matter what so ever. Haven't the Redskins already proved that. Colts will find a way to resign both June and Freeney.

Said by someone who clearly has no clue how the cap works.

No, the Red Skins haven't proven that, though it will start catching up to them here soon.

No, the Red Skins haven't proven that, though it will start catching up to them here soon.
The Redskins have proved that....they went 5-11 this year and have no prospects on the horizon.

The Redskins have proved that....they went 5-11 this year and have no prospects on the horizon.

How does their having no prospects on the horizon prove that the salary cap is non-existent? It doesn't. All it proves is that the Redskins are very poorly mismanaged.

BTW, the way that the Colts will be able to sign Freeney is the same way the Patriots were able to sign Seymour. Break up his signing bonus and pay him the minimum for the 1st year. That way he doesn't take up much of the cap, maybe 2-3 million. Then you give him the 2nd tier of his signing bonus and raise his salary when you have more money free.

Which is exactly what the Pats did.

Now, beyond Freeney, who knows. The Colts will have to do some creative book-keeping. Particularly if they have some NLTBEs that were earned due to them making the SB.

is super chicken an idiot?

do you really have to ask ?

Oh come on, you know the cap doesn't matter what so ever. Haven't the Redskins already proved that.
How? By signing a couple big name players to big bucks then being forced to use JAGs for the rest of the team?

The only thing the Skins have proven so far is how to build a perpetual losing team.

If I wanted to use a model on how to build a team, I wouldn't use that that results in a 5-11 team. Before Snyder the Skins made the playoffs. They have sucked ever since.

Pats were 5-11 BB's first year, and have had winning seasons ever since.

(Putting on dunce cap, sitting on stool in corner, raising hand) I have wondered what is the true penalty for exceeding the cap? Lets just say ol' Snydee decides to spend to double the cap this year, what happpens to him and his team? Please answer. Inquiing minds want to know.

if you didn't know by now .the media in all areas is bias and has to many agendas to count .any thing from a national media source should always be questioned by the viewer or the reader .proceed with caution

Why is that it seems the Patriots are the only team to have been royally screwed over by the cap last few years as in losing Law, Branch, Givens & AV.

Why is it that it seems we are going to get boned again with major losses of Samuel, Graham, TBC and some minor ones as well??

Hard cap, soft cap, cash over cap, rookie pool, RFA's, UFA's - whatever, it seems we are one of the few to lose talent and not be in a position to sign others teams FA's.

If the Colts, Redskins and the other teams in supposed cap hell, do not suffer significant player loss due to their current cap situation, then I am going to start to think something may be rotten in Foxboro.

Excellent question and one that I've wondered about many times.

I don't know the answer...:confused: Miguel?

As for whether Clayton is a complete idiot, I would say "No".

Complete?....That implies his idiocy has reached his peak, and I'm not sure he's scratched the surface of his idiot potential yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand