PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

is it starting to fall apart for Petey Caroll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup
And we were shafted both by injuries & fluke catches in several playoff runs
For a minute Sunday I thought the Universe was out to screw with my psyche

This is why Belichick always stays the course instead of loading up for one run, he knows there are no guarantees and that the best approach is to be really good every season, get into the tournament as often as you can and you will win your share.

Nah, it's not coming apart. It will all blow over by the draft and they'll be on to next year, just like us. Heck, they'll probably want a rematch so they can beat us "for real" this time. I did like the fact that Pete Carroll came out in defense of BB saying that he knew nothing about how footballs are prepared before the game either. I also agree that BB seems to like Pete. He'll be fine.

I would love a rematch.

That's how I see it too. However I still think that they should have ran Lynch on 2nd down. If stopped, Pete burns the TO and throw 3rd and run/pass on 4th from the 1. Play to your strengths.

The actual pass play was dumb as well. All those tall WRs and they throw a slant in traffic? Wilson is great at throwing a fade.
The media laughs at the players need to play better and the coaches need to coach better Belichick answer ...

Maybe they won't scoff at that answer anymore ... Pete and the Seahawks prove the statement is 100% valid.

There's blame to spread around on that play for sure as your description shows. ...

Who's going to challenge them? SF is toast. I have my doubts about GB as long as McCarthy is their coach. Philadelphia lacks a QB. Dallas maybe?
I definitely see GB or Dallas giving them a run for their money next season! Who knows? Maybe my hometown Saints could rebound & get back in contention!

The Breer information about the players not liking their Offensive Coordinator is an echo of Tom Jackson's quote, "They hate their coach." Doug Baldwin took exception to Darrell Bevell criticizing Lockette. And why are they throwing into traffic to their third receiving option anyway? If you're going to pass right there, you throw a fade that only your guy can catch, or it goes harmlessly out of bounds and stops the clock.

Pom Pom Pete called Darrell Bevell "crucially important to our future" after Bevell blamed the receiver for not going harder for the ball. That sounds like the old "we're behind him 100%" kiss of death if you ask me.

Also, Belichick said more than once that Seattle runs what they run and basically dares the other team to stop them. If that's true, Darrell Bevell ought to watch a few Patriots games to see how game plans are formulated and executed to beat the opponent who you're about to play.

Ultimately, who cares? The Seahawks have to deal with 25 free agents on their roster, and have the 49ers, Cardinals and Rams chomping at the bit to put an end to their nonsense.

It may be a mistake to pay Wilson big money, though I know Seattle will do it. This past year he was 15th in total yards, 16th in TDs, and 10th in QBR with a 95.0, just behind Ryan Fitzpatrick who had a 95.3. Green Bay played the dumbest fourth quarter in NFL playoff history, giving Wilson a chance to redeem himself, but his 4 interceptions would be embarrassing even to Peyton. Bottom line, Wilson has yet to show that he is an elite quarterback, someone who can win without a great defense.
Disagreed because I think he's better than his stats indicate and it's not easy to find a middle of the pack qb let alone a top one.

Teams that lose the super bowl don't go back - it hasn't happened since 1992.

This is sage observation, and BB subscribes to it implicitly as well. BB says each yearly edition is different, and must be constructed from scratch, including changing
players.

Pete is a "players coach". It is tough to impose discipline when needed. And it indeed needed now amid back biting and second guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back