PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Gronk news easier to take after 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that might be the case after 2014/the 4th... Nope.

I am damn content. Thank you Malcolm Butler. 10 years was quite the odyssey. It was so elusive. I still can't believe they won that game, it felt like Seattle was gonna run away with a blowout win.

I am totally relaxed on Sundays....I have experienced every possible nuance of emotion as a fan. I don't scream at the tv anymore. After every great play the Pats make, I wait 30 seconds to cheer since there might be a yellow flag icon at the top of the tv screen.

Yes, after 2001-2004 I became spoiled, I thought we'd be there every year. 2006-2007 crushed me and 2011 was brutal as well. So when 2014 came around I made sure to savor every friggin second and appreciate it for all it was. No looking toward the future, I just enjoyed the present.

I'd love to get #5 and I believe we will but I have learned to appreciate what we have and be thankful for the success we have enjoyed.

I'm more scared about Gronk never being able to play again. I just want to see one more of those bull in a China closet catch and runs of his. I'm sure he will be fine and be back as good as ever, but I'm going to make sure I savor his next touchdown as well. And I'm thinking I should do the same with the players we have now because it's a rough game and you never know what can happen.

Complacency really is a ****ty emotion, and I'm trying to be more mindful of not taking things for granted and enjoying them more. In football and life in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes