PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Drew Bledsoe a Hall of Fame Player? (no)

Think about it this way: Which quarterbacks, in 5 or 6 years, will be in consideration for the Hall of Fame?

Unless Brett Favre or Steve McNair retired and I didn't notice, I can't think of anyone who has pretty recently retired that even somewhat deserves mentioning.

Except maybe Rich Gannon :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say it's a sure thing based on this, but the electors love putting quarterbacks into the Hall of Fame. And with no one else to compare Bledsoe against, he should have a pretty good shot.

Steve McNair? Really?

is drew a hall of famer? I say YES

Steve McNair? Really?

I think, with a few more years in Baltimore, it's possible. He's very close to Top 20 all-time in completions (only needs 64) and yards (3000 or so, which is one season). He also needs 41 touchdowns to breach the Top 20, which is unlikely but doable in two or three seasons. At this point, he's probably not viable, but in a few years, it seems very likely.

Flattering, but I doubt he even knows this board exists.

Honestly, I wouldn't be so sure. Lots of reporters have commented about this site (such as Miguel's Cap pages) and I'm pretty sure writers who write about Patriots Football know all about patsfans.

Last edited:
has anyone posted this yet?

4. I think Drew Bledsoe belongs in the Hall of Very Good, not the Hall of Fame. He belongs in the Hall of Class too, because he exuded class everywhere he played. SI.com NFL writer Don Banks pointed the following out to me, and it's the perfect reason Bledsoe is not Canton-worthy: Has there ever been a Hall-of-Famer who gets beaten out three times for jobs while still healthy and able to play?

True fact: Tom Brady in New England in 2001, J.P. Losman/Kelly Holcomb in Buffalo after the 2004 season (management decision), and Tony Romo in Dallas in 2006 each beat out Bledsoe. Add to that the fact that Bill Belichick in New England and Mike Mularkey in Buffalo didn't trust him to always carry out the game plan the way the coaches wanted him to, and the fact that his last three seasons in New England (before the 2001 internal injuries suffered on the Mo Lewis hit out of bounds) were largely mediocre. I think it would be pretty hard to say that Bledsoe was consistently among the top three or four quarterbacks in football during his prime. He had some seasons where he was, but more when he wasn't.

---Peter King, SI

Decent summation imo. I'll alway shave a lot of love for Bledsoe, he helped usher in the New Era Patriots and every fan should be thankful for that. But the facts and stats do not, imo, warrant a spot in the Hall of Fame

Last edited:

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back