PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Cassel now worth a 1st round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have more data now. Intelligent people change their minds when the facts change.

I think the term for that is FAIR WEATHER FANS.

people who were intelligent football fans knew Cassel didnt "suck". And people who are intelligent football fans know Cassel isnt now a Pro Bowl QB.

the same "intelligent" people will be calling for his head if they lose next week.

Last edited:
I think the term for that is FAIR WEATHER FANS.

people who were intelligent football fans knew Cassel didnt "suck". And people who are intelligent football fans know Cassel isnt now a Pro Bowl QB.

the same "intelligent" people will be calling for his head if they lose next week.
Call it what you want. Coming off the preseason it was reasonable to worry that Cassel did suck. And he is playing like a pro bowl QB. Things have changed, opinions can change too.

Call it what you want. Coming off the preseason it was reasonable to worry that Cassel did suck. And he is playing like a pro bowl QB. Things have changed, opinions can change too.

Patriot (and Boston) fans reminding me more and more of the townspeople on "The Simpsons" or "Spongebob".
or worse...(gulp)..New Yorkers.

Patriot (and Boston) fans reminding me more and more of the townspeople on "The Simpsons" or "Spongebob".
or worse...(gulp)..New Yorkers.

Have you watched the last two games?

2 games.

Ever hear of Steve Bono. Scott Mitchell.

2 games and people are ready to annoint him a Pro Bowler and ponder moving Brady along.

idiots.

64% completions, 8.7 YPA, 6 TD, 1 INT and no near INT either, totally clean playing. Only an idiot wouldn't be impressed. The pass defenses we faced are ranked a little below average but just a little. Damn good playing.

2 games.

2 games and people are ready to annoint him a Pro Bowler and ponder moving Brady along.

idiots.
You're the idiot. When today's game is added in, Cassel will be close to the top ten in passer rating for the year. YEAR. Use your eyes, it's obvious if you do.

64% completions, 8.7 YPA, 6 TD, 1 INT and no near INT either, totally clean playing. Only an idiot wouldn't be impressed. The pass defenses we faced are ranked a little below average but just a little. Damn good playing.

Also 2 rushing TD's the past 2 games.

Just put lifer on your ignore list, the guy cannot read straight and it's a waste talking to him.

Who said I wasnt impressed? Im impressed. Im impressed. I always said the kids was good and that right now hes the Patriots MVP.

HES NOT AN ALL PRO YET AND PEOPLE WHO ARE SAYING HE IS OR COMPARING HIM TO YOUNG AND PONDERING WHETHER BRADY SHOULD BE TRADED ARE OUT OF THEIR MINDS!!!!

Why cant you see the difference??????

Last edited:
Who said I wasnt impressed? Im impressed. Im impressed. I always said the kids was good and that right now hes the Patriots MVP.

HES NOT AN ALL PRO YET AND PEOPLE WHO ARE SAYING HE IS OR COMPARING HIM TO YOUNG AND PONDERING WHETHER BRADY SHOULD BE TRADED ARE OUT OF THEIR MINDS!!!!

Why cant you see the difference??????

Nobody is pondering trading Brady you moron. Making an analogy based on a similar situation 20 years ago does not mean anyone wants Brady gone.

Also 2 rushing TD's the past 2 games.

Just put lifer on your ignore list, the guy cannot read straight and it's a waste talking to him.

yeah, we at Patsfans arent capable of anything more than two-dimentional thinking. Everything must be black or white. He either sucks or is the best.:rolleyes:

2 games.

idiots.

While I find it amusing to see others calling people idiots when they themselves are either not bothering to think or have such a bias that their thoughts are useless, perhaps you could try answering some simple questions first.

1.) Has Cassel shown significant improvement from the beginning of the season?

2.) How many bad games has Cassel had since the team had the bye after Brady's injury?

3.) what have opposing coaches and analysts been saying about Cassel during the past couple of weeks?

After you get through with those, take a look around the league, see players like Gus Frerotte starting, and figure out the obvious. And cutting/trading Brady is not what I called for, nor is it what most others have called for.

Last edited:
Nobody is pondering trading Brady you moron. Making an analogy based on a similar situation 20 years ago does not mean anyone wants Brady gone.

well, you are the one who is not reading the posts. People, maybe not you, have been posting that garbage tonight on various threads.

even on this thread, people are acting like Cassel is now an All-Pro.

hey, i was defending him when the Cassel sucks people were out in force.

if he does this the rest of the season, then yes, he will have shown hes an all-pro.

Bottom line is we cannot just let Cassel go for free.

Worst case scenario, we have to franchise him and go through the difficulty of finding suitors and then getting them to bid against each other. This process is no cakewalk.

What is in our favor is that there are lots of crappy QB's starting in the league right now, and half the teams with decent QB's are using guys who are aged 35+ years old. The demand should be there.

The other thing working in our favor is that the draft crop is pretty underwhemlming in the quarterback department, and the best potential QBs would have to leave school early.

McNabb could be out there, but there isn't a Matt Schaub type.

Bottom line is we cannot just let Cassel go for free.

Worst case scenario, we have to franchise him and go through the difficulty of finding suitors and then getting them to bid against each other. This process is no cakewalk.

What is in our favor is that there are lots of crappy QB's starting in the league right now, and half the teams with decent QB's are using guys who are aged 35+ years old. The demand should be there.
Yep. It's obvious except to the blind. Cassel throws almost no near INTs and makes lot of impressive plays. Plus he has more growth potential than most, not having played. If he plays well next week against Pittsburgh then watch out . . .

excuse me, do you remember you, yourself, fighting the exact same fight i am now????
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...eve-young-comparisons-brady-cassel-page3.html

there ARE meatheads on this forum who are pondering it, you yourself took them on TODAY. So dont call me a moron for pointing out something you had to battle yourself.

WTF, Maverick. :confused:

From Vic Carucci's blog:

Do they have what it takes to reach the playoffs? Probably not. Presuming the Jets wind up wearing the AFC East crown (and who would doubt that at this point?), the most likely wild-card from the division is the Patriots.

Given the way he has played the last two games, Cassel certainly wouldn’t look out of place quarterbacking a playoff team.

Now, what Cassel is worth will depend on how he plays the rest of the season, but throwing for 400+ yards two games in a row is something that's going to get fans excited. And some fans will get overly-excited. That's just part of the reality of sports.

Those people were being sarcastic... I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back