PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Bruschi a guaranteed starter on opening day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no definitely not, guyton is already more productive

Agreed 100%. Both Mayo and Guyton possess tremendous physical skills. They key question is can they deliver on what BB appreciates the most out of a player in this defense- solid fundementals & tecnique, playmaking, toughness, and based on the situation, making the right reads & decisions based on the situation. Mayo is obviously well on his way. I'm very high on Guyton's potential and if he can provide something close to what Bru gave the D in his prime, I'd be pretty pleased with that!

Even though i agree with you in the physical skill part i do not think guyton will ever be bru in his prime. Bru when he came back from his stroke struggled a bit and indicated in an interview that he came back at 245 LB and it was too light to get leverage on 300 LB gaurds in between the hash marks.

Logan Mankins once said being a guard in NFL is fighting inside a phone booth another reason speed of ILB is greatly negated when engaging gaurds in running downs.

guyton and mayo have speed and the only way they gain weight is to loose speed.also guyton is build lanky and tall not really a weight gaining body type.

In the last year game guyton matched up exceptionally with the RB like leon washigton and some TE. I do not the obsession with making him heavier and slower.Weight will mean a loss of agility and speed.....physics.

I expected mcZee to more give mayo a breather and guton and bru share the running / passing down snaps.

He shouldn't be, he should have retired after 2006.

I think Bruschi has it pretty much in writing that he is starting.

The only way he doesn't is if his skills have deteriorated to the point that someone is more effective than he is. Or possibly in certain game situations they are deemed to be better players.

Other than that he is a lock.

Guyton will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case