PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Anything More Pathetic than Broncos Fans This Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't they know? It was just a football game.

Let them wallow in their squalor and filth for the next few weeks. It will make their inevitable playoff loss even sweeter. Broncos fans are terrible!

They are acting like they won the Super Bowl this week. They think it is a huge accomplishment that they beat the Pats in Denver, in overtime, when the Pats were without half their starting roster it seems.

Assuming Edelman, Gronk, Amendola, Collins, and Hightower are back in the playoffs, the Pats should roll over that team.

The OrangeMane is great. I go there any time the Broncos are losing by 7, it's always panic and groaning and pessimism, not to mention they cry for holding on Von Miller just about every other play. They're ****y and sure that this past game was the most fairly officiated --BWAHAHAHA sorry I couldn't help myself as I typed-- game of the year and that's why the Patriots lost. That Hightower's absence had nothing to do with their running game skyrocketing. I would love to see that Broncos team again in the playoffs, either here or in Denver. Bring back a healthy squad and no amount of offensive pass interference will save them.

The company I work for acquired a company based out of Denver a few years back and before every game they talk a ton of smack and after every game make a ton of excuses. They were actually all really quiet leading up to this game probably fearing the worst. I was expecting a barrage of chest beating emails and have been shocked to have received none after the loss. One of the guys who's lives in Denver who has been integrated into my team is originally from NH and is a HUGE Pats fans and has to live with the yahoos.

I asked him on Tuesday why they weren't their usual selves and he said almost all of them acknowledged that they knew they beat a Pats offense completely depleted. That they viewed the loss of Ward and Williams a trade off with the loss of Hightower and no Collins. They were still delusional that the refs called a fair if bad game screwing the Broncos as much as the Pats. The view on the Pats offense was pretty amazing to me given the normal yahoo nature of that fan base. I can live with the defensive trade off even if I don't believe it is an apples for apples trade off. On the refs I'm really not shocked they viewed it that way even through it was a royal screwing.

More or less though I found them much more reasonable after this game than others and certainly more reasonable that some of the other idiotic fan bases.

More or less though I found them much more reasonable after this game than others and certainly more reasonable that some of the other idiotic fan bases.
LIS, try the OrangeMane, it'll quickly change your opinion

A good amount take this win and see it as a good solid win. they came back from down 14 after all. They claim the officiating was bad all around and some calls did not go the Broncos way and point out Denver had injuries too. That is all true.

However there are some more realistic Denver fans. They know they got the calls particular on down the stretch big time impact plays. They know the Pats injuries mattered a lot more than Denver's. They know our fumbled KOR was recovered by them as was theirs (the single most impactful swing in the game) and they know they barely managed to win all that aside at home.

I saw a few Denver fans on their board have this few (not in so many words cause I am sure it would get down voted if they went as far as i did) but it seems a good amount of Denver fans though perhaps not the majority saw this win as a lucky break.

how funny would it be if san diego beat them this weekend? then their entire fansbase would go into panic mode.
I thought the same thing right after the game. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they get beaten a couple more times this year.

I'm sure the forums are really bad I was just offering a different perspective.
Opposing fans, when you're not at stadiums, are usually pretty sensible in person. I watched the Pats-Jets game at a bar next to a Jets fan and he was pretty cool aside from the typical "Nah that wasn't a flag" and "No that was a good flag" banter. It's the ones online (and more relatable to this forum) who love to get ****y, spew the most hateful comments, and talk the most ****. Think about it. When you see an opposing player get injured, the whole crowd cheers and applauds when he walks off the field. "Super classy fans!" But when you look online 80% of em are celebrating the injury and hoping his entire career is over. I think you get a better feel of how a fanbase is when you see how they talk behind a computer knowing nobody can put a face to the things they say.

I live in Denver and went to the game. It WAS like they won the Super Bowl. Absolutely brutal. I lost the remainder of the small amount of respect I had left for Donks fans after that game. They are not very intelligent. Their hatred of TFB and the Patriots clouds their thinking I guess. Not one of them would admit that the officiating was bad. They claim to have just as many injuries as the Pats and the penalties were even. This could be the dumbest fanbase in all the NFL.

They also cheered when Gronk got hurt. I actually told the fans in my section to f@ck off and shut the hell up when that happened.

The Lions plan of coverage might be pretty close.

Absolutely. The Pats fans that think the Pats suddenly sucks are much more pathetic. You'd think we lost with 50 points against a team that hadn't won a game all season based on some comments here, and on twitter. When we lost a really close game in a game with probably the two best AFC teams. And that is with several key players missing, that will be back for the playoffs.

I know a lot of people will not agree with this, and that's fine. As long as it isn't a Manning-led Broncos team, I'd just assume see them win it all if it isn't the Patriots, provided we don't get a screwjob against them again. It would just bookend Manning's career, as both the Tennessee Volunteees and Denver Broncos would be champions immediately after the choke artist left, leaving no doubt that he has always had incredibly talented teams and above adequate coaching. That would be something else to have that distinction.

In addition, though there are several players who I hate on the Broncos, such as Sanders and Ward, there is no way that without Fivehead their level approaches other teams who are filled with jackasses like the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Jets, etc.

Finally, I don't like when a team is bad to mediocre, wins a Super Bowl, and then returns to bad to mediocre. To me, it cheapens the sport somewhat and gives too much praise to a franchise that was more lucky than deserving. So teams like Carolina, I cannot root for. They need to put in their time, so to speak. The Broncos are 47-9 since 2012. I would rather see a worthy franchise win (provided it isn't one of the aforementioned teams) than a flash in the pan.

No reason to get offended by it. It's just a compliment to our team's greatness. I actually find it incredibly funny - as should all of you.

All week long, Broncos fans talked about the number of injuries we had going into the game and how they caught us at the right time. They even admitted that their injury situation wasn't nearly as bad, and that was one of their arguments for why they'd win. Now, after the game, despite that we lost Hightower and Gronk on top of all the other injuries we sustained over the course of the season, they no longer acknowledge the fact that even they knew that our injury situation was far worse.

It's just a symbolic win for them. They'll take a win over NE however they can get it - even if it's against NE's practice squad. There's no question in anyone's mind who would win the rematch if we get healthy (and the game wouldn't even be close.)

This was their SB. As NE fans, we have no idea what it's like to act like we just won a SB after a single regular season game, because our team is too busy winning actual SBs in February. We should take it easy on these little guys. They're not very accustomed to winning anything important - especially in the last 17 years.

Bruschi's quote about the 2004 regular season loss to Pittsburgh was perfect: "what have these guys done to earn respect? If they want to celebrate a regular season win over us, let them. We'll be back."

While I'd obviously rather have had the win, the silver lining is that if we do play them again in the playoffs, both the fans and the players will be overconfident. The bad calls and the fact that 7 of our top 8 players were out by the end of the game will slowly fade for everyone (except for us, obviously). They'll just remember the win. We'll be able to take advantage of that.

It's hard to beat a team twice in the same season in the NFL. It's a little like the Jets playoff loss in 2010. We had just destroyed them a few weeks before that and everyone was so overconfident. Let's get the Broncos feeling that way.

Of course, they're probably gonna be one and done again so maybe unlikely that we see them in January.

They should be proud.

They proved that with HFA, getting all the ref calls, every fumble going their way and the Pats missing 7 of their top 10 players that they can win in OT against us if a rookie fumbles a punt.

It's all very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference