PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Anything More Pathetic than Broncos Fans This Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzafted

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I can't believe how excited their local media and fan base are over a win that was gifted to them by sketchy interference calls and an extremely lucky muffed punt by a non-starter during a snow storm. Are they going to unveil a banner for the win too?

Look at the description, the Broncos "destroyed" the Pats??? They were down 2 TDs going into the 4th quarter and on our OT drive we had the bus driver and hot dog guy at tight end and split wide.

Consolation prize: they're stuck with Brock Osweiller for the next two years at least, just off the high of this win.

I want them in Foxboro in the playoffs, with at least Amendola and our ILB corps back. This is ridiculous.

You have to figure that they heard more than enough from the national media that Denver was the underdog and they probably saw nothing much wrong with the officiating. They're fans and fans do enjoy it when their team wins...regardless of the how or why.

While some terms (destroyed?) might be a bit over the top, once again I'd rather have my home team reporters supportive of the fan base rather than one that enjoys alienating them.

Last edited:
In the end it doesn't matter how but they won the game. Fortunately, it was just a regular season game which means a quick turnover to the next week. Just gotta deal with it.

The higher you are, the harder you fall

I'm not surprised in the least, and would've expected the same had we been 8-2 and playing our backup QB, who went on the lead a couple of impressive "big boy" drives at the end to knock off the unbeaten Pats.

As far as who's more pathetic of a fanbase, I can think of several: Pittsburgh, Indy, Baltimore, and the NYJ. Let Denver be excited. We're not normally a fanbase to make excuses, so even though the refs gave them that game, they still get the "W" in the column. The real season is just beginning.

Nah, a lot of other things are more pathetic. The state of officiating, espn, nfl front office, jeff fisher, I could go on and on.

Do yourself a favor and adopt BB's motto - we're on to Philadelphia. The only reason we should grace Broncos fans with any attention is if they make it to the playoffs and we have to play them. Just like in Miami when a new coach took over and the media went nuts for two weeks about the "new" Dolphins, BO is due for a fall back to earth. I hope it comes soon so we don't have to worry about being the #1 seed in the playoffs.

the other day at the gym someone came in wearing his broncos gear, a leather jacket and a sweatshirt that said denver broncos super bowl champions. ive seen him for a couple of years, but ive never seen him wearing any gear that had to do with the broncos or any other team. I didn't say anything, but if it had come up i would have said something about it being about twenty years since they've won a SB, and the last time they went to a SB they got they're asses stomped. It is amazing to me how these fans are riding this win. Theres a good chance the pats and broncs will meet again. It doesn't matter where it happens, i have the utmost confidence the patriots will stomp a mud hole in them.

They nearly lost to the Patriots' skeleton crew, and it took multiple shady calls for it to happen. In Denver.

We all know what the outcome will be if they have a rematch. The Pats at full strength are still the best team in the NFL, and the key is getting that strength back in time for the playoffs.

It doesn't matter, they're homers, what do you expect them to say? - "We only won because the officials helped us" or "We only won because we faced Brady throwing to a bunch of JAGs"?

Like I said in the When you say “the fix is in” what do you mean? thread.... the rest of the league and their 31 fan bases know this game was fixed. I live and work 35 minutes north-east of Manhattan (Fairfield county, CT). Technically, I live in 'New England', but realistically, this is Jet/Giants ground zero here. I'm surrounded by friends and co-workers who are either Jets or Giants fans. And when my JETS fans/co-workers come to me and tell me the Pats got robbed, well then, you know that everyone else sides with us in terms of why we lost the game.

I don't even care if we have the number 1 or 2 seed. If we're healthy in the playoffs with the Squirrel, Gronk, Dola, Collins, Hightower, Easily, and Coleman, I wouldn't mind even going back to Denver to face them. If Andrew 'Neck Beard' Luck and his 5hitty *** Colts embarrassed them last year in the divisional round, what do you think will happen when WE face them??? and if the face-off happens to be in Foxboro.... LOL.... Can you imagine? In a way I wouldn't mind going on a road with a healthy roster and face these bunch of orange clowns in their own strip club. Would be nothing better to show their home crowd what it looks like when the Pats show up with a healthy squad. BRING 'EM B1TCHES!

To the winner goes the spoils. They won. They get to say whatever they want about it. The Patriots are hardly the only ones with injuries and bad officiating. It wasn't that long ago we beat the Bills as they were robbed of a last second hail mary to tie it up.

We're onto Philidelphia.

Last edited:
They have to play the Raiders, Bengals and Steelers, any one of which could remind them of why wins are so special.

The Chargers have been the maestros of losing games by less than 7 points to the better teams in the league. I would love to see them show up for once and have a 3-8 team beat the Donkeys after the Patriots win Sunday night. That would offer some special Denver media presentations.

Meh, Denver has struggled when playing @ SD before. Steelers should beat them. I have no faith in Dalton @ Denver, but for all I care they can go ahead and win out. They are not beating the Pats at full strength, like I don't think it would even be close.

Jetfans every week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots