PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Wilson ordered Phillips to bench Doug.

In Flutie's case, just consistency on the part of Raymond Berry.

Each time he started Flutie over Grogan, I told myself, "We're going to lose. I'll watch and root for us to win, but..."

So by the time Bledsoe came along I was used to it. Nice guy, threw for a lot of yards, but the most overrated athlete in the history of Boston sports.
I always wonder what Flutie could have been had he came into the league 25 years later. The bias against short QB's has largely dissipated with the success of Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, and Kyler Murray.

I always wonder what Flutie could have been had he came into the league 25 years later. The bias against short QB's has largely dissipated with the success of Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, and Kyler Murray.
Wilson - 1" taller
Brees - 2" taller
Murray - same height, 20 lbs heavier

Doug's style of play was obviously not understood or appreciated by the NFL.

Ditka made a smart decision, but he ignored the fact he had a team of assh*les who loved McMahon. BTW I don't even like them but I'm pretty sure I can name a hundred Bears who were better than that idiot.

Further, Doug's attitude and durability were also ignored. He got hurt near the end of his first USFL season but besides that he played.

This guy gave Doug his first pro starting job
1641417223711.png

I remember Tom Donahoe was their GM at the time hired by Buffalo after Donahoe's gig on ESPN.com. He hosted an ESPN.com chat (remember those?) before he was hired there saying something like "the Bills should go with Flutie. Flutie wins. What's the problem?" and then after he was hired he decided to cut Flutie and go with Johnson for the next season anyway.

When he was called out about that chat he pretended that was his "internet persona" :D

I remember Tom Donahoe was their GM at the time hired by Buffalo after Donahoe's gig on ESPN.com. He hosted an ESPN.com chat (remember those?) before he was hired there saying something like "the Bills should go with Flutie. Flutie wins. What's the problem?" and then after he was hired he decided to cut Flutie and go with Johnson for the next season anyway.

When he was called out about that chat he pretended that was his "internet persona" :D
It's amazing how winning is so low on the priority list for owners and coaches.

Patriots were guilty of this until Kraft hired Belichick. One of Robert's brilliant decisions which really don't get recognized enough. If only he'd reinstated our identity, and stood against denigration of his team, instead of agreeing with and encouraging it...

In 2019, he was not mediocre, he was very good. Over 3,000 yards passing, 29 touchdowns, only 9 picks, won 10 games, took his team to the playoffs, and was voted a top 100 player in the league by his peers. There were only a few QB's ahead of him on that list. That is not "medicore." Also, in 2020 and 2021 he was not "good" he was elite. Being in the MVP conversation every year and being a top 10 player is not just good, that's elite.

In 2019 is QB rating was ~85. Similar to Jared Goff and Ryan Fitzpatrick. His TD to int ratio was similar to Danny Jones and Jacoby Briset. He was the 32nd ranked passer based on completion percentage. Yes, dead last. You are right, he was not mediocre. He was junk. 2020 was good and 2021 has been good as well but he is no Jim Kelly.

In 2019 is QB rating was ~85. Similar to Jared Goff and Ryan Fitzpatrick. His TD to int ratio was similar to Danny Jones and Jacoby Briset. He was the 32nd ranked passer based on completion percentage. Yes, dead last. You are right, he was not mediocre. He was junk. 2020 was good and 2021 has been good as well but he is no Jim Kelly.
Ferguson was pretty good.

No, Allen has not shown me he's as good as Joe yet. Nevermind Kelly.

No, he'll never be anywhere near Flutie or Brady.

Well, the rest of the nfl who voted for him as a top 100 player in the league would disagree with you. Funny how you had to cherry pick odd portions of stats to try and make your point, while leaving out all the other stats. You said his QB rating was similar to Goff (great year, btw) but didnt say it was similar to Brady. Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you. If you want to die on this hill alone and say everyone else who saw and played with him and against him is wrong, go right ahead. You must know things that a thousand people more qualified than you dont know.

Ferguson was pretty good.

No, Allen has not shown me he's as good as Joe yet. Nevermind Kelly.

No, he'll never be anywhere near Flutie or Brady.

Allen is lightyears ahead of Ferguson and Flutie, and its not even a debate. Allen is an MVP candidate each of the last 2 years, and will continue to be moving forward. Ferguson and Flutie never sniffed that.

Well, the rest of the nfl who voted for him as a top 100 player in the league would disagree with you. Funny how you had to cherry pick odd portions of stats to try and make your point, while leaving out all the other stats. You said his QB rating was similar to Goff (great year, btw) but didnt say it was similar to Brady. Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you. If you want to die on this hill alone and say everyone else who saw and played with him and against him is wrong, go right ahead. You must know things that a thousand people more qualified than you dont know.

Brady sucked in 2019 and the Pats O was awful as well.

And you keep taking about being in the top 100.

Here is the NFL top 100 players of 2019 as voted by the players themselves:

Where is Allen on that list?

They do it when the year is over, so its technically the 2020 one.

'Top 100 Players of 2020': Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen | No. 87 (nfl.com)

Was that guy a pest in ‘98 and ‘99 or what?

He had a weird throwing motion, but he had some damn good power for his size.

Last edited:

No, Brady absolutely did not suck in 2019. He had 4000 yards and 24 TDs with arguably the worst group of skill position players to ever take the field. There isn't another QB in football who could have done that. He dragged that offense's dead carcass into the playoffs.

Allen is a good regular season QB. Until he has a postseason where he doesn't buckle under pressure that is what I expect from him. Both he and LaMar have done nothing in the playoffs. I think the entire Bills team is likely to fold like fresh sheets in the playoffs. That seems to be their reaction to pressure.

No, Brady absolutely did not suck in 2019. He had 4000 yards and 24 TDs with arguably the worst group of skill position players to ever take the field. There isn't another QB in football who could have done that. He dragged that offense's dead carcass into the playoffs.
The cupcake schedule the first half of the year helped matters, a lot.

Allen is a good regular season QB. Until he has a postseason where he doesn't buckle under pressure that is what I expect from him. Both he and LaMar have done nothing in the playoffs. I think the entire Bills team is likely to fold like fresh sheets in the playoffs. That seems to be their reaction to pressure.

Lol when has he "buckled under the pressure?" He beat the colts and the ravens last year before losing to the Chiefs, who they should have lost to, because they were the vastly superior team. So losing to a better team means you "buckled under the pressure?" lol

If it is Pats @ Bills next Monday night - it looks like snow and 20mph winds in the Buffalo area in the forecast around that time. Something to watch….

I’m more worried about the Bills than I am the Colts. Yuk yuk yuk What a fitting end to their Hard Knocks season.

Clown thread by a clown OP.

**** doG.

and FIRE Cant Assford.

The answer is yes.

This thread is starting to haunt me.

We know the Patriots can beat the Bills, but they need all hands on deck defensively, especially Barmore, Dugger and Hightower. The defense has to play as well as they did during the winning streak. They can keep this game close, but the entire team cannot make mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back