PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is a Cassel led Pats offense capable of scoring more than 21 points?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is the offense under Cassel capapble of scoring more than 21?

• Yes

Votes: 81 71.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 28.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In order for this team to score more than 21 without the defense helping out are 2 specific areas which need focusing...

Randy Moss and Welker may want to just forgo the long routes and catch 5 or 10 yard outs and do something after the catch and the OL needs to open up gaping holes and protect Cassel as well - Easier said than done but if these guys play with more intensity its possible.

The offense to score more than 21 is not based solely on the performance of Cassel but those around him who need to make better adjustments post-Brady and deal with the extremely raw QB they have in charge now.

IMO There will be VERY few long bombs in games this year if Cassel is to remain the #1 QB and a controlled boring offense is probably the only way this team makes the playoffs.

You're right. As much as I'd like to see Cassel just chuck it up there for Moss and see what happens, you can't just force the deep ball when the play isn't there. I don't care how good Moss is--if they are playing double coverage on him with the safety playing 25 yards off the LOS it takes the deep ball away as an option for Cassel (obviously).

Moss is going to have to start making alot of short/intermediate catches before anyone is going to start getting alot of deep passes thrown to them. This offense is more than capable making ball-control drives and it's still a work in progress.

I think that this team can score 21 points or more in game. Cassel needs to work just a little bit harder and find his guys to make it happen.

I don't think anyone should be disappointed if Price doesn't change our offense at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't see the field. He's the 53rd man.

Watch Price get cut next week, right before game day.

The answer is yes, definetly.

They sure are.

I hate hidden polls. 32 idiots will never admit to it...

I hate hidden polls. 32 idiots will never admit to it...

Ditto.

But being dead wrong with the facts will never stop those 32 'fans' from posting drivel threads.

The answer is obviously no.

We actually scored 20 points, but Belichick used his voodoo mind-tricks and made the 49ers, commentators, and the rest of the free world believe that the 49ers actually lost..

Such a tricky character, that BB..

The answer is obviously no.

We actually scored 20 points, but Belichick used his voodoo mind-tricks and made the 49ers, commentators, and the rest of the free world believe that the 49ers actually lost..

Such a tricky character, that BB..

Please put down the crack pipe and step away from the computer before you hurt yourself.

I vote "yes"

I say they can put up 30, maybe

jeez louise...i can remember, even during the "good" years, when we thought 21 points from the O and three to nine from the D was what we hoped for...let's give the guy a break...he's 3--1 with one stinker of a loss that we can't blame him alone for...

Duh, Yeah......:D

Looks like we got our answer

"Bing Bang Bong, right down the field. We're good; you're bad."

thanx for the flattery

What happened to that 32% of posters who voted NO? Hopefully, they've returned to their Jets, ESPN, etc. boards and left here.

What happened to that 32% of posters who voted NO? Hopefully, they've returned to their Jets, ESPN, etc. boards and left here.

They're currently typing up a "Can the Pats score more than 30 points without Brady?" poll...

I more game and you appear to be a total *****...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents