PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting offseason cuts around the league thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
would takeo spikes be good as an OLB? You have to wonder why the chargers cut him I guess.

Chris Gamble officially cut.

Chris Gamble officially cut.

Turns 30 next week. Had off year. Born in Boston. Overall hes had a good career.

Would not be surprised if he wound up in DEN w/ Foxy.

Adrian Wilson cut by AZ

Interesting. Probably the best player in the Jags secondary last year. A smidge overpriced, but would consider it for the right money.

The FA S list keeps growing. Good time to have an over supply in the market.

Choose the vet leader you want for the safeties Bill: Wilson, Reed, Woodson.

Chris Gamble cut by Panthers! Looks like a cap causality!

Adrian Wilson cut by AZ

This is the guy I want. Way more than Reed too.

Clearly Reed had the better career but Wilson is no slouch. Wilson is a little younger and not coming off a title which would leave him as more hungry for whatever that might be worth.

Wilson 25.5 career sacks and 27 INTs as far as I know the only players who are 30 plus in each are Rodney Harrison and Ray Lewis. At 33 it is unlikely Wilson will get 4.5 more sacks but IMO what this stat shows it that Wilson is more like Harrison than Reed is. And all I have been hearing is we need another Rodney at safety.

SIGN THE BEAST.

PS can we also trade for Peanut Tillman? These are two guys that I have always liked and felt like they were two of the more underated players in all of football. Peanut is still at the top of his game so the bears wont move him but I can wish.

I could see going after SS Adrian Wilson. Yeah, he's going to be 34 soon but Rodney Harrison was also old when he came here. McCourty + Wilson duo would be one of the better duo's in the league. And Wilson would mentor our younger DBs.

How much do people think Wilson, Gamble & Talib would cost?

How much do people think Wilson, Gamble & Talib would cost?

I would probably put Wilson around 4 mil a year and Gamble and Talib around 8 mil a year. So these 3 would eat up alot of what we have free. I think 2 of the 3 is enough.

My preference would be Talib and Wilson. Starting DBs would be Talib and Dennard at CB and McCourty and Wilson at safety. I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes