PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Integrity" of the NFL: Deflategate vs. Bengals/Steelers Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to derail the thread or start any kind of issue, but I really just want to ask, why is it that "thug" is a term that's taken with such offense? I saw "thug-like" behavior from both teams from players of all races last night... I don't want to offend, I am just curious why it's an automatic "racial" term.
because some people believe it's code for the N word. The PC crowd gets their panties in a bunch fairly quickly these days.

because some people believe it's code for the N word. The PC crowd gets their panties in a bunch fairly quickly these days.
I have a hard time keeping up with what's offensive anymore...

I don't want to derail the thread or start any kind of issue, but I really just want to ask, why is it that "thug" is a term that's taken with such offense? I saw "thug-like" behavior from both teams from players of all races last night... I don't want to offend, I am just curious why it's an automatic "racial" term.

I think that there are some people (not on this forum) who use the word thug primarily when talking about inner city blacks hence the inference that they're really just using it as a stand-in for the word 'nigger'. Then when called on it they claim you're the PC police.

Then there are people who use the term thug without a strict racial connotation and apply it to anyone who acts thug-like. When they get called out by someone implying that they are actually racist they also pull the PC police card, but they're probably right in some regards in that instance.

Can anyone explain the second 15 yarder that basically sealed the game? For the life of me I can't figure out why Cincinnati was penalized for Joey Porter being in the middle of the field in their faces.
when it happened my first thought was that Porter was a coach for the Bengals.

when it happened I thought maybe Porter was a coach for the Bengals.
I actually thought the same thing for a second - I thought "Oh, they're flagging Porter for being on the field." Then a moment later I remembered he is a Steelers coach... so I was pretty confused by then.

Ben Volin with some useful Volin-ing for once.

What did Shazier do? I only saw the last 4 minutes. Also talk about the disgraceful behavior of these players all you want, but the minute I see you say "thug", I know what you really mean.
W.ell E, maybe you should have watched the entire game and you would have had a better concept of what they meant when they described some of the actions of the players and coaches as "thuggery"

That being said, to answer your question, what Shazier did was spear a player with a dirty hit. I would agree that while I wouldn't have used thuggery to describe it, it was a cheap dirty play right out of the Brandon Merryweather playbook, and he should have been flagged

BTW- With all the ticky tack calls for "hands to the face" and brushing a QB's helmet. Shazier's hit was EXACTLY the kind of hit the NFL really needs to get rid of. SPEARING. Hitting aother player with the top of your helmet is not only dangerous for the target, it is even more dangerous for the player committing the foul. IMO, any player spearing another should be flagged AND ejected, followed by an automatic suspension. THAT is how dangerous spearing is...or at least should be.

he put his hands on the refs.....big nono
Pacman didn't actually put his hands on the ref. The refs made contact with Pacman not the other way around.

Mike Munchak

Joey Porter

Vontez Burfict

Pacman Jones

Ryan Shazier

Mike Tomlin unable to control his thugs

Marvin Lewis unable to control his thugs

Tom Brady was "more probably than not at least generally aware" of something that did not happen. One year later, the NFL is persecuting him to an Appeals Court and threatening to take it to the Supreme Court.

What a complete abomination.

You forgot about the 2 Steelers simulating going taking a dump on the Bengals logo while Bernard lay motionless on the field. The wide camera caught it during the J. Hill melee with other Steelers.

Steelers-Bengals game would be perfect for NFL to do PSI testing. Rainy game off-and-on. :rolleyes:

What did Shazier do? I only saw the last 4 minutes. Also talk about the disgraceful behavior of these players all you want, but the minute I see you say "thug", I know what you really mean.

What a joke.

Mike Munchak is part of that list that has been continuously referred to in this thread.

Ain't it embarrassing when that grenade explodes in your hand before you can accurately throw it?

By the way, before the new "defenseless receiver" rules, the NFL used to have a "leading with the crown of the helmet" rule. And guess what, it is still on the books. It doesn't matter if you're a runner or a receiver.

These new rules have confused the refs. Once they determine now that you are a runner, someone can take out a harpoon and spear you.

I think that there are some people (not on this forum) who use the word thug primarily when talking about inner city blacks hence the inference that they're really just using it as a stand-in for the word 'nigger'. Then when called on it they claim you're the PC police.

Then there are people who use the term thug without a strict racial connotation and apply it to anyone who acts thug-like. When they get called out by someone implying that they are actually racist they also pull the PC police card, but they're probably right in some regards in that instance.

Mike Munchak, who was listed in the OP and throughout this thread:

Mike_Munchak.jpg

Elijah and others, who salivate at the opportunity to lob the "racist" grenade:

479001.jpg

Steelers-Bengals game would be perfect for NFL to do PSI testing. Rainy game off-and-on. :rolleyes:

speaking of this..sal pal just said that the nfl is worried about the psi in the vikings/seattle game. that they will use the backup balls in the second half after the original footballs are under 12.5..

all about integrity with this commish! that douchebag still hasn't realized that he was wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back