PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Integrity" of the NFL: Deflategate vs. Bengals/Steelers Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think it possible, but I do believe that I now despise the PitsDirt Squealers even more now than I did before this abomination of a game started.

Whilst I also dislike the Steelers, I can kind of understand this one. The Bengals (and in particular Burfict) are probably the most classless/bush league team in the NFL.

Remember when the NFL came down on the Pats for ignoring their written directives??? How will this be interpreted?? The Spirit of the Game?? Goodell is working on how he and his minions can show this in a positive way..

Stay tuned folks as the comparison to a misplaced camera on the sideline compares to in game brawls condoned by their organization starts now.....

There seems to be considerable public outrage over the events of the game.

If the outrage holds up, then there will also be severe punishments.
The owners placed a monkey in charge. When the dust settles, the monkey will still be in charge, and we will still be silent during round 1 of the draft.

What did Shazier do? I only saw the last 4 minutes. Also talk about the disgraceful behavior of these players all you want, but the minute I see you say "thug", I know what you really mean.

What did Shazier do? I only saw the last 4 minutes. Also talk about the disgraceful behavior of these players all you want, but the minute I see you say "thug", I know what you really mean.
oh stop the pc crap..they acted like thugs..

Per rule book (someone linked in other thread) attendants and med staff allowed only during team timeouts (I assume TV /injury timeouts included) and nonplayers (asst coaches, inactives, and those active players not actively substituting) are not allowed on field without asking ref for permission first.

Someone else stated this is rarely enforced to letter of the law

However, if you need to have your refs stand at midfield in pregame to segregate, what reasonable person would not expect such a level at that point in game.
BB has wandered into the field many times to check on injured players during time outs.

Nothing to see here.

He made contact with a ref, which has always been a pretty much automatic flag no matter how minor the contact is.

Not for raven DBs, during ray lewis' send off SB. One of them got away with literally throwing a ref. No flag, no ejection from the game.

Cmon man..You're a good poster, no need to play that card over here.

Last night was a disgrace. And those guys were closer to acting like thugs instead of choir boys.

And again, shame on the NFL and the officials. They were expecting a chippy game, considering they are division rivals, with a history of that. And they still dropped the ball.

He drilled a receiver in the chin with the crown of his helmet. I'd certainly say it's on the wrong side of the defenseless receiver rule especially since the hit was blatant head hunting.

Considering that the refs were supposed to keep the game under control and made a softer call against the Bengals it's shocking that it went uncalled. It also happened to be where they lost the game.

That's what I thought was going on. How do you penalize someone for "unsportsmanlike conduct" for pushing someone who is not allowed to be where they are?

That's like me getting arrested for homicide for shooting someone trespassing on my property.

I happens, lol.

Reports are that Joey Porter is only in for a fine for being on the field when he shouldn't have. Same as Tomlin. So much for escalating punishment for this team.

So what Porter did was fineable, yet 3 refs standing there didn't know that he should not have been on the field? .....total incompetance

So what Porter did was fineable, yet 3 refs standing there didn't know that he should not have been on the field? .....total incompetance
Blandino's wireless communication must have gone on the fritz.

I don't want to derail the thread or start any kind of issue, but I really just want to ask, why is it that "thug" is a term that's taken with such offense? I saw "thug-like" behavior from both teams from players of all races last night... I don't want to offend, I am just curious why it's an automatic "racial" term.

No Joey Porter was trolling the bengals players and a red prevented him from getting in his face. He didn't actually shove anybody

he put his hands on the refs.....big nono

I don't want to derail the thread or start any kind of issue, but I really just want to ask, why is it that "thug" is a term that's taken with such offense? I saw "thug-like" behavior from both teams from players of all races last night... I don't want to offend, I am just curious why it's an automatic "racial" term.
thug-life_o_915672.jpg

Handguns, body hair and Guitar Hero controllers?! Buy this man a beer stat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back