PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inactives: Barrett, Brown, Dowling, Edelman, Mallett, Mayo, and Vollmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haters are going to hate. If it isn't him, it would be Haynesworth or Ochocinco. Unfortunately, we have to live with the fact there are "fans" on this board that are rooting for Patriots players to fail because they would rather be right than see these player succeed.

This is silly. I guarantee nobody on this board falls into this category. We want the Patriots to win. Glassy-Dowling was injured more than not his last year of college, and has been injured more than not his first year at New England. We are frustrated, unhappy, want him to do well because he is so talented. But the data are the data.

Rooting for the Pats to fail? That is just a baseless insult to people with honest concerns (that often get expressed with humor or metaphor).

Before Maroney was cut, people were hating on the doubters. It goes to show that wometimes the doubters are right. Consider the evidence and discuss it...blind allegiance to any "angle" is a mistake. Glassy Dowling needs to show he can last in the NFL for a few games without injury.

Someone with chronic hamstring problems? WTF was BB thinking. That's my attitude. The talent is there, no doubt, but sometimes ya' gotta let it go.

Or not. I hope I am wrong, that's for sure. Not that I am right.

Last edited:
Need Vollmer asap. we cant play or hold on Solder. He is sinking that offense
Was that sarcastic?
How come your McCourty meter stopped when the numbers got better? Jet fan?

This is silly. I guarantee nobody on this board falls into this category. We want the Patriots to win. Glassy-Dowling was injured more than not his last year of college, and has been injured more than not his first year at New England. We are frustrated, unhappy, want him to do well because he is so talented. But the data are the data.

Rooting for the Pats to fail? That is just a baseless insult to people with honest concerns (that often get expressed with humor or metaphor).

Before Maroney was cut, people were hating on the doubters. It goes to show that wometimes the doubters are right. Consider the evidence and discuss it...blind allegiance to any "angle" is a mistake. Glassy Dowling needs to show he can last in the NFL for a few games without injury.

Someone with chronic hamstring problems? WTF was BB thinking. That's my attitude. The talent is there, no doubt, but sometimes ya' gotta let it go.

I'm sorry, but that is the fellowship of miserable mentality that is prevalent in Boston sports. Somewhere in their mind, they would rather be right than win. There are people who want their egos stroked to think they are smarter than Belichick or whoever. Plus they get off on wallowing on misery.

All you have do is look at any game day thread and the Pats could be leading 54-0 and the Pats give up a TD in the last 30 seconds of the game, they start biatch on how they told us this defense sucks or so or can't play. It is just the mentality of this town. It used to be exclusive to the Red Sox, but now it is prevalent in Patriots fans.

I'm sorry, but that is the fellowship of miserable mentality that is prevalent in Boston sports. Somewhere in their mind, they would rather be right than win. There are people who want their egos stroked to think they are smarter than Belichick or whoever. Plus they get off on wallowing on misery.

All you have do is look at any game day thread and the Pats could be leading 54-0 and the Pats give up a TD in the last 30 seconds of the game, they start biatch on how they told us this defense sucks or so or can't play. It is just the mentality of this town. It used to be exclusive to the Red Sox, but now it is prevalent in Patriots fans.

I am a lifelong Boston sports fan from Northern Mass. I would say our mentality is one in which we like to complain, criticize, and even whine a bit, and are comfortable (and even often expet, after so much let down) being in the losing role. But never liking it.

2007 was heaven (until the SB) is all I know.

We all want to see wins. Only the most petty little turds on this board would actually prefer losses to being shown wrong. Not real fans.

I know you aren't necessarily being literal, but for Dowling you have to admit it is incredibly disappointing. You wouldn't prefer him out there playing? That's all we are saying, ultimately. Just in a more poetic way. :p

Last edited:
I am a lifelong Boston sports fan from Northern Mass. I would say our mentality is one in which we like to complain, criticize, and even whine a bit, and are comfortable (and even often expet, after so much let down) being in the losing role. But never liking it.

2007 was heaven (until the SB) is all I know.

We all want to see wins. Only the most petty little turds on this board would actually prefer losses to being shown wrong. Not real fans.

I know you aren't necessarily being literal, but for Dowling you have to admit it is incredibly disappointing. You wouldn't prefer him out there playing? That's all we are saying, ultimately. Just in a more poetic way. :p

I agree real fans don't act that way. Doesn't mean the "fans" that do feel that way aren't on this board especially on game days. You will see many of the negative people in this thread aren't here except on game days and after losses.

It is disappointing that he isn't on the field, but it is six games into his career. Let's not write the guy off after missing a few games.

Agree with this. There are posters on here that are short on critical thinking.

Unless the injuries are related, I'm not sure that that's the case. Before his final year of college, if anything, you would have said that he was pretty durable.

The most aggressive pessimists in this board are sorta almost-right just once (Maroney was cut, but not for the reasons that you hated him for all along) and you're still taking victory laps over it two seasons later.

I wouldn't call myself a blind homer. I was predicting that Tate would be cut long before he was, and I've often wondered why Guyton, among a couple of others, is still on the team. When 2 of our top 3 safeties were cut, I vocally disagreed with it, because I haven't seen much of Barrett and Brown, but I had my doubts that either one could step into a starting role that quickly (if at all). I have no issue with criticizing the Pats myself, and I certainly have no issue with other people doing it. As long as the criticisms make some kind of sense. Criticizing a guy for one injury that he got while playing football makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Ras-I= glass

people never want to admit busted draft picks too early. But how many picks in the BB era that never see te field make it very long. Hate to say it but I would not buy a Price or Vereen shirt either. Btw dowling has to be a big ***** right.

Yup

6 games into the rookie season.

Somebody call the village, it's missing an idiot.

Thanks for proving my point. Still one of the worst here.

It's interesting that people get up in the morning with the intention to dumb down mankind.

Thank god, we only encounter you here. What a miserable existence.

:confused:

Yup

6 games into the rookie season.

Somebody call the village, it's missing an idiot.

You can't find your way home?

Ras I missed games in college due to injuries. Yeah let's discount past injuries into prospects evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back