PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inactives: Barrett, Brown, Dowling, Edelman, Mallett, Mayo, and Vollmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I understand he can't play when he's hurt and that its not his fault. Its the front office's fault for not recognizing that the guy has a history of a lack of durability.

I will say that when he played early on he seemed to play well.
So the front office is supposed to be able to predict the future of injuries? Wow, so then we can't call draft picks bad if they never get injured? Please fill me in on the magical powers we expect during the draft.

No I understand he can't play when he's hurt and that its not his fault. Its the front office's fault for not recognizing that the guy has a history of a lack of durability.

I will say that when he played early on he seemed to play well.
By the way your comment was HE ISNT DOING ANYTHING.......to show he isn't made of glass

Isn't it a bit early to start with the glass threads?

Considering the biggest knock on Dowling was that he couldn't stay healthy in HS or College...not really. He missed preseason and TC time (I think) and he's already missed most of this season with more injuries.

Curtis Martin dropped to the third round because his knock was that he wasn't durable and would have a very short NFL career. I am sure he will make a joke about that in his HOF induction speech.

It is six games into his carrer. Dowling may never miss another game in his career for all we know. The Pats may be extra cautious right now with the guy. People need to stop labeling draft picks busts a third of the way through their rookie season.

Not saying that Dowling will have a career remotely HOF worthy, but writing off a talented player because he is injury prone so early in his career is stupid.

Last edited:
Isn't it a bit early to start with the glass threads?

he was injury prone in college, so the Pats knew what they were getting when they drafted him.

Atleast someone has something positive to say lol :D

2 out of the 5 players who I thought would be back are here... FYI Hernandez should not count... 1 of 5 :(:(:(

enjoy the BYE time... plz PATS don't get me in a pissy mood until week 7.:mad:

Win It DAMN IT:rocker:

Scooby Doo say's

mylarballoons19653.jpg

:(:(:(

To summarize:

The position hit hard is DB, specifically safety.

Three starters are out -- two all-Pros and a JAG whose JAG backup is also out.

no he hasn't played much pre season or season and I dont even remember him being hit hard when he got injured... seriously this is the year we needed rookies to produce on defense , especially when their a high round draft pick

That is quite the ignorant/unknowledgable statement.

Ras-I= glass

people never want to admit busted draft picks too early. But how many picks in the BB era that never see te field make it very long. Hate to say it but I would not buy a Price or Vereen shirt either. Btw dowling has to be a big ***** right.

Knew Mayo would not play, suspected that Dowling, Brown and Vollmer would and that is a surprise..

Tough road, time to put on the big boy pants..

What happened to Dowling actually? Didn't he finish last week's game?

And Vollmer? Arggh!!!!

Not all injuries are equal when it comes to raising red flags about a player's future durability. Dowling missed time with a couple of broken bones in college, and simple fractures don't really indicate future susceptibility to injury.

If I remember correctly, of Dowling's college injury problems, it was really only the oft-tweaked hamstrings that would concern the teams' medical staff. Tight hamstrings can dog a player, like they did with Shawn Springs.

Need Vollmer asap. we cant play or hold on Solder. He is sinking that offense

To whoever made the comparison with Martin and Dowling you need to do your homework. Martin had an ankle injury his senior year. He was pretty healthy his whole career at Pitt. Dowling has been hurt since high school. He was another in a long line of wasted 2nd round defensive backs. Next year this team is going to need some young lineman. They passed on several for Dowling. And he has proven nothing. Also, football guys with a history of injuries NEVER recover, its the sport. He iss a huge bust, and was a gigantic gamble. That this team now needs to overcome. Nothing wrong with taking a corner there. Its taking an oft injured one.

But that's just pointing out the facts. It was good win today.

So a rookie that BB started the first game of the season, and played very well for the first couple, is now a bust because he missed a few games? What a bunch of clowns.

Last edited:
To whoever made the comparison with Martin and Dowling you need to do your homework. Martin had an ankle injury his senior year. He was pretty healthy his whole career at Pitt. Dowling has been hurt since high school.

You're right, it would be better to compare to players who were chronically injured throughout their pre-NFL careers, like Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back