PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Immediate Game Thoughts - I think the Pats just punted again edition

He burnt Cromartie a couple of times too and Cromartie had to blatantly hold him (which he got away with) to stop him from getting a pass early in the game.

Open too late is not open.

Well, let's make that decision after one game. Time to write him off.

I've been saying that he wasn't ready from the beginning, so don't start with the "one game" nonsense. You're the one who had been arguing that I was wrong, and then slightly walking that back. Sorry, Rob, but you're the one who's been wrong on this.

He showed some good with the bad. He made an impossible catch that many receivers couldn't make while dropping a couple of easy ones.

He made one halfway difficult catch and spent the vast majority of the game sucking harder than a Dyson.

Let's see if he can cure the dropsies he had in the inaugural game. If his hands were as good as they were last year, people would be saying he had a pretty good game. Time to see if those drops were opening game of his career jitters or an issue going forward.

This was not the first game where he's had drops. He's struggling to get up to NFL speed. Noting that he sucked last night, and that he hasn't looked ready during the offseason either, isn't doing anything but pointing out the truth. Hoping he improves moving forward is one thing. Trying to pretend that he wasn't a huge bag of suck last night is another.

Remember, 2 dropped/ not controlled passes and missed field goal and its 30-10. Without gronk, Danny and vereen. I know it was against a sub par defense but still. If the wide outs can correct their mistakes, I like out chances coming down the last half of season and hopefully into the post season.

Among other un-noted pluses. The new soldiers on the return teams are turning into a cohesive unit for OBrien. With Edelman returning punts for a 12 ypp average, he was getting the freedom to catch the punt unmolested, and look about to find the exploitable hole to get beyond the first wave, as all good punt returns end up being.

Washington was deemed not ready to return to K.O. receptions yet, but safe Blount was no longer getting tackled before he reached the 20 yard line by a free gunner, who had slipped a block.

IOW the ST are rounding into a league leading shape. Check mark another BB objective met.

He was consistently open and burning the DBs of the Jets. That is much better than what Ochocinco, Chad Jackson, etc. ever did. Yes, Dobson had a bad night, but most of it is correctable. You can't teach burning defenders on a consistent basis (well, you can to a point).

Right now, Dobson is best served as a player who gets a handful of targets a game, but in a month he could be a significant contributor.

to be honest, jets backend D was quite bad. They wanted to play one on one and dont have the players to do that anymore.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back