PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm Nervous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not. In a post earlier in the week, I said this is playing with house money today. If we win, then to use a quote from SB 36, "We shocked the world, but we didn't shock ourselves," and if we lose, well, everybody and their mother had us getting the living crap beat out of us, so the expected result happened. To me, this is what it is, another Sunday, another game. If we win, tonight we celebrate then look forward to a trip to Indy for the AFC Championship , if we lose, then oh well, its not like we were supposed to win anyway, according to everybody but us Pats fans.

no offense, man but that sounds a little pathetic. "Everybody thought we werre going to lose anyway so we shouldn't feel bad." That's not the mentality of champions and make no mistake about it the Pats are true champions.

The Colts D is playng better, but in the two games that they have played thus far, in the playoffs, I believe the games were not won by the Colts, but moreso lost by the Chiefs and the Ravens for coming in with the most pathetic offensive game plans, play calling, and lack of adjustment and change.....Both of those teams could have, and should have Beaten the Colts, but they were handcuffed by their own offensive coaches.

You're right about that. It seems as though the ravens didn't come in with any offensive game plan at all as though they thought their D was going to do it all for them. That was horrible.

i am nervous yes...however i am a NE fan and after this game for a long time....they got a good team, but so don't we.....

I'm nervous with optimistic anticipation. I can't wait, this game is huge. I think I'm going to head over to Greatest Sports Bar for the game.

It's like being in a boring class and you're waiting until p.e. and the clock seems to be moving backwards.
GO PATS!

First thing, i have to say, I dreaded P.E. with an absolute passion. The clock did not drag getting there..it dragged through it. I used to get sick to my stomach about P.E. -- to the point I'd throw up and have to go home sick.

So, no, i really don't know what you're talking about. ;)

``Nobody ever thought we'd do this,''... ``We're giving defensive coordinators heck trying to figure out what we're going to do, with weapons all over the field and a quarterback who just keeps getting better.''

``He's remarkable,... ``Look at him on the field and he doesn't look like a rookie, he looks like a guy who's been around four or five years.''

Quotes about the 15-1 Steelers in '04. They had won 15 games straight with their rookie quarterback till they met the Pats in the playoffs.

End result: 41-27.

Do the Chargers remind you of the '04 Steelers?

First thing, i have to say, I dreaded P.E. with an absolute passion. The clock did not drag getting there..it dragged through it. I used to get sick to my stomach about P.E. -- to the point I'd throw up and have to go home sick.

So, no, i really don't know what you're talking about. ;)

Oh man, PE was the best...unless you were that fat kid with glasses in Dodgeball being used as target practice.

But yeah, this is dragging today. Its feels like it should be closer to kick off.

I truely believe that if the pats o line give tom enough time, he can move the ball methodically. Just gotta contain that aggressive 3-4 defense marty is gonna throw at ya. Rootin' for you guys today!

I truely believe that if the pats o line give tom enough time, he can move the ball methodically. Just gotta contain that aggressive 3-4 defense marty is gonna throw at ya. Rootin' for you guys today!

thanks DHCF....at the risk of having this whole board against me, I was kinda rooting for the COlts yesterday, Baltimore drives me nuts....man I am glad they lost...I would love to play you guys next week, esp in the dome, can you imagine the excitement!!! but we got a task this afternoon that I don't know if we can overcome, but I think our guys are gonna be ready, we need sure tackling and good blitz pickup...we got a chance though!!.......

Go NE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am always nervous, particularly this year because our sense of invincibility in the playoffs is gone after last year. I always think about losing, I cant help it. I feel sick right now, extremely worried because today is the day when our season can end.

Here is what I am nervous about:

1) The next Patriot loss or a SB win is the final game BB coaches here in NE

2) Facing the Colts next week and playing the same lousy defense we have played in the last two games against them, both losses

3) Watching Goober hoist a SB trophy which should be hoisted by Brady

Here is what I am NOT nervous about:

1) Playing well today in SD, well enough to win

Bob G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday