PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm Nervous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I haven't been able to sleep all night, all I can think about is this game, right now it's 8:30 MT, the game is being broadcasted at 2:30 MT, and I have no idea what I'm going to do for six hours. It's like being in a boring class and you're waiting until p.e. and the clock seems to be moving backwards.

GO PATS!

start drinking, it helps

Nothing to do but wait and watch Seattle lose. We've been here before, just gotta wait the time out . . .

I agree with you. This game seems to be developing a lot of nervous people, all Pats fans.

I think it all goes back to the loss in Denver , last year.

Most of us, if not all of us, know that we gave that game away, along with some very weak officiating...and I believe that, in our minds, this game today is being thought of as the game that will be "payback" for that game...and that we must be onthe winning side, if for no other reason than toshow the rest of the NFL and all the fans of other teams, that they were WRONG, dead wrong about the Patriots...and that the Pats are still the team tobe contended with and have the best, and straightest shot to the Super Bowl.

And, I believe that is, also, in the minds of the players. That, this game is the one that they want to win, moreso than any other, for the purposes as I described above.

And youare right, I feel it too...the tenseness is greater than any game prior to this one.

Not to worry, my friend...WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS....

Nice post, NEM, new NEM. :)

I get nervous before every game as all the hype you've heard starts to spin out of control.

But remember they are the smartest team in football.

it's all week that i think about this game

in a couple of hours i will follows PatsRi 'instructions' - it means allready when Chicago game will start...

also here in Italy the 2 games are alive on Sky - good !

Go Pats ! Avanti Patrioti !!!

Leap of Faith, Baby...

I agree with you. This game seems to be developing a lot of nervous people, all Pats fans.
Most of us, if not all of us, know that we gave that game away, along with some very weak officiating...and I believe that, in our minds, this game today is being thought of as the game that will be "payback" for that game...and that we must be onthe winning side, if for no other reason than toshow the rest of the NFL and all the fans of other teams, that they were WRONG, dead wrong about the Patriots...and that the Pats are still the team tobe contended with and have the best, and straightest shot to the Super Bowl.
And, I believe that is, also, in the minds of the players. That, this game is the one that they want to win, moreso than any other, for the purposes as I described above.
And youare right, I feel it too...the tenseness is greater than any game prior to this one.

our boys still are the team to beat.

an objective observer would probably conclude that the chargers are the better team.
but our boys have been beating better teams for 5 years now. they may be better, but they still gotta win the game. and IMO 5 of 6 times that i can recall we have defeated the better team. steelers twice, rams, colts once, panthers.
the denver thing is an anomaly. they just have our number., but they are not in front of us.
so the chargers have to beat us. it's on them. not on us. they know that.
i am looking forward to a good game.
warm up the TiVos, folks.

as i recall, AV missed a couple field goals in that denver game last year.
i wish we'd kept him. look at those 5 FGs last nite. but IMO gostowski is more talented, has longer range. he's just not consistent. pats line up for a 50-yarder, gostowski has a 50-50 chance of making it. with AV BB would not even have tried it.

I get nervous before every game as all the hype you've heard starts to spin out of control.

But remember they are the smartest team in football.

I can't remember a Pats game in the last few years that I went in thinking we weren't going to win, I ALWAYS think we're going to win. And I still think we're going to win today, but this is admittedly the most nervous I've been about a game in some time.

Earlier in the week, I thought we'd win easy & that all the hype was garbage, I was thinking 31-17 us - but at some point, the hype just gets to you, and now I just want them to play the damn game.

hey, fan from 1960,

Nice post, NEM, new NEM. :)

i'm a fan from 1967.
we've seen a lot, haven't we.

win or lose, our boys are gonna play like champions.
no rodney, lost 2 FA wideouts, gave away best clutch kicker in nfl history, no junior.
but the task is still on the shoulders of the chargers. they still gotta go on the field and beat us.
so many years, decades, we were the upstarts, trying to roll sisyphus' ball uphill.
win or lose, i am enjoying these years to the max.
THEY gotta beat US.

Just sit back, relax and think about that missed tackle by Hawkins that gave the Jest a TD...no wait. Think about how the Pats controlled the entire first half of the second playoff game last year only to be handed back to the Donks by bogus offic... No wait it is what it is. :)

I'm nervous, all the hype about the Chargers !! I want us to win just to put the Chargers in their place. Merriman's comment about only needing one point to beat the Pats really angered me, that guy is so ****y. I suspect if we're doing a job on them, there will be more then a few roughing the passer calls on this guy !! Even if we win, I don't think I'll be able to relax all week, knowing we have to go to Indy and face a defense that somehow has found itself !! I think I'm going to go out and do some work until game time, I'm not going to relax at all unless I can get football out of my head for the next few hours, if I can't, I'll be a total wreak come game time !!

My time will fly by. My son has a basketball game in about an hour so that will kill the afternoon.

I'm also nervous; SD is a 14-2 team with a great Offence and a good defence. I reckon it will be a close game. Go Pats.

I'm not nervous about his game. I was very nervous last Sunday.

All the pressure is on the Chargers.

I hope so. The key is Brady. He has to keep the ball low and do not try to force things. If Brady does not turn the ball over, we win. If not, we loose. I think we forget how important Brady is to this team - and how great, no good, of a QB Brady is.

For the love of God we better win. Aside from seeing the Pats win, there is nothing more I'd like to see than the colts lose. (I don't know why, perhaps it's because everybody expects peyton manning to one day win the big one). It would be nice to beat the colts in the AFC championship game at their home, just like we did to da' steelers. I would be like a kid in the candy store getting two treats for the price of one.

Nevertheless, this year would by far be the colts greatest chance of making it to and winning the superbowl beacuase for once they are not relying on peyton Manning to win the games. Which, if it is all on his shoulders, he's proven time and time again (in the playoffs) he can't do it.

Who would have thought the colts D would be red hot right now? If we play them at home it should be a really good championship game. If we beat them then I think the superbowl is ours for the taking, unless we play the Saints. Not that the saints can't be beat, but did anybody witness the crazy time clock at the end of the second quarter in last nights game? Hmmmm...makes you wonder if some very powerful people are pushing for the Saints to go all the way.... I mean after all it would make a better story.

This has been THE longest week, second only to the 2 week torture time before the SB. I can't bear any more hype,I can't listen to ESPN any longer, I'm tired of LaT,and I'm tired of Payaton Manning.
Patriot's Game Day will be on soon.
:help:

I'm not. In a post earlier in the week, I said this is playing with house money today. If we win, then to use a quote from SB 36, "We shocked the world, but we didn't shock ourselves," and if we lose, well, everybody and their mother had us getting the living crap beat out of us, so the expected result happened. To me, this is what it is, another Sunday, another game. If we win, tonight we celebrate then look forward to a trip to Indy for the AFC Championship , if we lose, then oh well, its not like we were supposed to win anyway, according to everybody but us Pats fans.

I'm nervous too....I am not sure what to expect today. The Chargers are a good team and so, of course, are the Patriots. I am just not ready for the season to be over. Nothing could depress me more. My heart says they're going to win. My mind is being influenced by all the pro-Charger hype. Stupid mind!

The Colts D is playng better, but in the two games that they have played thus far, in the playoffs, I believe the games were not won by the Colts, but moreso lost by the Chiefs and the Ravens for coming in with the most pathetic offensive game plans, play calling, and lack of adjustment and change.....Both of those teams could have, and should have Beaten the Colts, but they were handcuffed by their own offensive coaches.

Agreed. (Wrong thread,I know, but imo last night the Colts played a very similar game to the week before).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes