PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm finally back, what did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're cataloging every poor decision made by Bill Belichick since 2000, including drafts picks made and missed, poor play calls, lousy game plans, far too rigid enforcement of player discipline, refusal to hire competent assistants, abuse of the press, arrogance, terrible hygiene, grumpy demeanor, vindictiveness, deplorable manners, sartorial malpractice and latent radioactivity.

I'm not sure, but I think when we get to Adrian Klemm, we're done.

Damn Zeus, that's impressive, but you have to also account for what the mediots are discussing about Bill, IE: How he spied on the "other 31 teams" for years, how he and Kraft engineered the rise of Goodell as commissioner, how he manipulated Aaron Hernandez to go all Tuco Salamaca on several people, how he shot the pope, and how he stole my cornflakes back in the summer of 2002.

The homers, after initially being either quiet or completely absent, have now begun to bleat. Fascinating dynamic.

Homers and Chicken Littles. Two mirrors that don't realize they reflect one another perfectly.

Last edited:
simpsons_mob.gif

By now the "Fire Belichick and Cut Brady" knee jerks should be over. The people focused on the past should have realized that what is done is done. Yeah, pity about the Saxons in 1066, if you want to discuss history. Is there actual stuff or is the panic on going?

No panic, just a mass questioning of wtf the coaching staff is thinking. On defense, lack of press man 43.

On offense, well we dressed five rbs, and rarely ran (even for the score). Vereen saw most of the carries even though he was by far the least productive (give Ridley the f'n rock, young line and all...), and wtf is white doing staying in to block in 2RB shotgun sets with Vereen? Vereen has been a relatively good blocking back, so we send him to the flat instead of the rook?

Then there's the rumor of Dobson telling McDumbass he is a dumbass (rather unanimous thought ATM), and all the hysteria to go along with that.

I hope we win Sunday but doubt it right now. The offense is a complete mess and the defense isn't much better.

Calling it now:
If we do win, it will be because of special teams and the defense. The McShitshow will carry on.

I doubt the win. We probably lose ugly, maybe score seventeen points and everybody will be wondering why McDummy still has a job.

Flutie crossed the picket line. That wasn't so bad. And seats were readily available and cheap during that time. There were virtually no rules in the stands. It wasn't necessarily bad it was just different.
Actually I mean earlier. I think 1971, but I'm going by faded memories of childhood, it may have been 1970 or 1972. The Patriots struck and all the other teams went to work as normal. Ah, the days of Sullivan...:)

I'm not so sure about the OL. I think that might be an area of weakness this season.

It will get much worse after sunday - not that i don't think the team won't turn things around, but trying to win agast a good team in a short week may be tough

Nice post and perspective.

I picked this short week game as a 'L' in my 12-4 preseason prediction. It hurts that Fleming is out and the dinged brigade includes C Jones, Sealver Siliga, Domonique Easley and probably HIghtower, Alfonzo too. Now that the O-line players have had reps at their projected positions, I was hoping they could just all play. Fleming needs time to learn and fit in.

It's going to be an awesome season of getting blown out by teams in the regular season that we go on to beat in the post season by a field goal.

Yep I'm delusional.

I'm not so sure about the OL. I think that might be an area of weakness this season.

My biggest fear right now is that we're going to get it together in usual Patriot fashion, then as we approach the big stage, at the worst possible moment, it's week#3 against the Raiders all over again.

I feel like the number of football seasons I've watched has taught me that problems never really go away. They just get covered up for a little while and then reappear in all their ugliness in the play offs.

Patriot secondary, lack of weapons, Peyton Manning as your quarterback.

It all comes full circle in the post season.

sorta like a "Groundfog Day" movie, eh?

By now the "Fire Belichick and Cut Brady" knee jerks should be over. The people focused on the past should have realized that what is done is done. Yeah, pity about the Saxons in 1066, if you want to discuss history. Is there actual stuff or is the panic on going?

What did you miss when you were gone ? The usual bologna.

However, thankfully Ian will be addressing those issues head on moving forward. Ian already pinned it to the top main section of the board. But here's the link to the thread that explains it. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england.../threads/new-thread-requirement-read.1112402/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back