PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm currently arguing Spygate w/Kurt Warner on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it started up again a few minutes ago. Again, not my fault. He said he's "heard" that the Pats have done a lot worse than taping signals, but he won't share that speculation on Twitter. I pointed out that he doesn't mind sharing other speculation and disinfo on Twitter.

Oh, it started up again a few minutes ago. Again, not my fault. He said he's "heard" that the Pats have done a lot worse than taping signals, but he won't share that speculation on Twitter. I pointed out that he doesn't mind sharing other speculation and disinfo on Twitter.
Here's a way to end his unsubstantiated rumor mongering. Just ask him "if there is any truth to the reports on the internet that you beat your wife....or is it your wife beats you? And give him an example of how unsubstantiated internet rumors can become reality

Here's a way to end his unsubstantiated rumor mongering. Just ask him "if there is any truth to the reports on the internet that you beat your wife....or is it your wife beats you? And give him an example of how unsubstantiated internet rumors can become reality

Nah, I won't sink to that. I've kept it pretty respectful. I'll tell you one thing, though: he turns into a Richard when he's cornered.

I see the conversation.

Twitter/Kurt13Warner

Perhaps you should ask him if he doesn't know it to be factual, then why is he even bringing it up? Since he admits that he doesn't know the truth, why is he implying rumors to be true?

Also, isn't he being a hypocrite by saying that you don't know the truth, yet he keeps bringing up this unsubstantiated rumor?

edit: also, why does he keep saying 'one person's comments'? There were dozens that pointed out that either (a) the practice was commonplace, (b) there was no competitive advantage, as well as other incidents (Jets taping, Miami audio tapes, Denver salary cap violations, etc.).

You could also point out that the Pats hadn't ever played Carolina with Fox as coach, and didn't play Philadelphia in 2004; how does he explain those SB wins?

edit 2: he (like many others) keeps falling back to the 'why did Goodell destroy the tapes' argument. I believe the answer has been that if any more surfaced it would show that the Pats were not forthright in turning all tapes over to the NFL, if I am not mistaken. This is the 'evidence' that many fans want to hang the Pats with, yet this type of logic would never pass as a hypotheses in the scientific community, nor would it (thankfully) be enough to convict anyone in a court of law in this country - yet Warner are okay with convincing themselves that this is enough so-called proof to declare the Pats guilty of whatever. The fact is they have an opinion then look for 'facts' and 'evidence', rather than researching first and only then forming an opinion and a conclusion.

Last edited:
I see the conversation.

Twitter/Kurt13Warner

Perhaps you should ask him if he doesn't know it to be factual, then why is he even bringing it up? Since he admits that he doesn't know the truth, why is he implying rumors to be true?

Also, isn't he being a hypocrite by saying that you don't know the truth, yet he keeps bringing up this unsubstantiated rumor?

Believe me, I've tried everything. :D

I gave up. I asked him to take my name off any replies so I don't get annoyed again. I did end with, "Unless you want me to guest host. I'm a pretty big guy; I could fill up Sapp's empty chair nicely."

Try an new tact. Tell him that spreading rumors isn't very "Christian-like" You ask him why after all this time he hasn't "forgiven" the Pats for their transgression. He is willing to give Greg Williams a second chance, but not the Patriots? Tell him you thought that forgiveness was a big part of being a "Christian". Ask him if practices "selective forgiveness"

Isn't "i could say something but I won't" a high school girl thing? If he has some credible information he should share it; if not, then, you know, "please be quiet."

What's absolutely hilarious is that he sounds like a whiny fan and you sound like someone who knows what they are talking about.

This is sheer gold.

What's absolutely hilarious is that he sounds like a whiny fan and you sound like someone who knows what they are talking about.

That's exactly what it felt like.

IMO, anyone who tries to have even a semi-serious conversation on twitter has a screw loose. Trying to convey real information, feelings, etc., through such short bursts of texts is an exercise in futility. Just about the worst way possible to have a "conversation". It's like trying to talk with someone when all you are allowed to do is speak in broken phrases.

IMO, anyone who tries to have even a semi-serious conversation on twitter has a screw loose. Trying to convey real information, feelings, etc., through such short bursts of texts is an exercise in futility. Just about the worst way possible to have a "conversation". It's like trying to talk with someone when all you are allowed to do is speak in broken phrases.

I've had several productive conversations on Twitter, mostly writing-related. It's not really that difficult if both people are on the ball.

Why not just ask him why he didn't win the game so he wouldn't have to cry?
Seriously, I would point blank ask him if he thinks the outcome of that SB was unfair.

Why not just ask him why he didn't win the game so he wouldn't have to cry?
Seriously, I would point blank ask him if he thinks the outcome of that SB was unfair.

We touched on that somewhere in there. He asked me what I'd do if a team that beat my team was accused of cheating.

I said that first, I'd find out if it was true. Then I'd accept the fact that I got beat.

We touched on that somewhere in there. He asked me what I'd do if a team that beat my team was accused of cheating.

I said that first, I'd find out if it was true. Then I'd accept the fact that I got beat.

kurt does realize that teams change their signals. even my hs team changed signals.

hey kurt, teams are cheating everyday. what do you think ped's are ?

What would be interesting is for all the talk about taping practice; what new plays and stategies did the Rams have for SB XXXVI that were ineffective because of this supposed advanced knowledge?

I get this all the time here. More than one "fan" has said that the only reason Rodney had the pick six in the AFCCG was due to the Patriots taping defensive signals.

To get a complete blank stare, I just point out that the week before the Jets also had a pick six on the exact same play......and that might have maybe more contributed.

What would be interesting is for all the talk about taping practice; what new plays and stategies did the Rams have for SB XXXVI that were ineffective because of this supposed advanced knowledge?

Or in this case, ask Warner how did taping defensive signals cause the Rams offense to score fewer points?

My guess is the response will be more of his nebulous 'I've heard stuff' speculation, rationalization and excuses.

I get this all the time here. More than one "fan" has said that the only reason Rodney had the pick six in the AFCCG was due to the Patriots taping defensive signals.

To get a complete blank stare, I just point out that the week before the Jets also had a pick six on the exact same play......and that might have maybe more contributed.

Complete knowledge of all defensive calls ahead of time could not have helped anyone on the Patriot defense.

Complete knowledge of all defensive calls ahead of time could not have helped anyone on the Patriot defense.

Isn't it funny how that works.

However, I bet they really helped with the 2 special teams TD's in the 2002 AFCCG....that we never had a chance to actually tape.

However, I bet they really helped with the 2 special teams TD's in the 2002 AFCCG....that we never had a chance to actually tape.

In this example, the Patriots used stolen signals to illegally anticapate 1) a punt and 2) a field goal attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe