PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Outcome: Another Title!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I hear people like John Madden, and Mike Golic, and Trent Dilfer, and Kurt Warner, and a slew of others saying signal stealing/spying is nothing new, and that the Patriots have the misfortune of getting caught. But the Broncos were caught filming other teams' practices, Shanahan several years ago admitted that he steals signals, and George Allen was caught more than once, and last year the Dolphins were caught stealing Brady's signals, and then adjusting the defense to stop him (they shut out the Patriots that game). So why the uproar over the Patriots? Number one, Bellichick's personallity rubs people the wrong way, and this is the first time that many can attack back. It's the kick him while he's down philosophy. Number two, the Patriots have been dominant over the last 6 years. Even though this is a video, confiscated during one Jets game, half way through the first quarter, this is the opening all the losing players and fans have to say, we would have won. It makes them feel better. It's a one size fits all excuse.

Sadly for Bellichick, when he says he never did anything "in game" with this information, even though it's probably the truth, nobody will believe him. I mean it helps the players from those last three Super Bowl losing teams to say the Patriots probably made adjustments during halftime to help them beat us. Of course, in each game the fact that the Patriots were far better in the first half, and let the teams get back into them in the second half, kind of makes those statements looks self serving, but it doesn't matter. They'll say it anyway. They lost. It's all they have.

Who besides Bellichick will be hurt by this? Clearly, Mangini for ratting out his "friend and mentor". When you hear all these former coaches and players saying that this type of thing has always taken place, you have to know that there is an unwritten rule, when you leave your team to go elsewhere, keep all your trickery to yourself. Mangini threw Bellichick, and indirectly we the fans, under the bus.

Who else? The players. The huge amount of talent on these Super Bowl teams was the reason they won. Tom Brady, and Adam V, and Willie Mac, and Rodney, and Big Sey, and Tedi, and D. Branch, and Graham, and …………..the Patriots had the best of the best talent wise, and it's a shame, with zero connection to any games of the past, that this cloud is there. A darned shame.

Can anything good come of this? Sure. This practice of signal stealing should stop. This is nothing new: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/columnists/20070914_Rich_Hofmann___Lets_be_candid.html

But what good can come of this for we the fan? Mark my word, Pats fans and players will circle the wagons like never before seen. The stadiums for home games will be rocking. The players will be playing their hearts our for BB, even more than before. Other players mouthing off from other teams (See Dolphins, Chargers, Steelers, Eagles, etc. - and we play them all) no doubt in my mind will regret this. Our players will not forget getting kicked while we all were down.

What better answer to those saying "you won all those game because of this" than to win it all again?

The final outcome will be another Championship. I feel that very strongly, more than ever before. Buckle up!

I agree with you totally. You are a brilliant man!

Log off. Log in. Log off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back