PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could have one former Patriots player become a coach in the future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan Cox! He had the fire.

Rodney: maybe he could teach the kids how to intimidate instead of being milquetoasts. The few years the DBs have been playing paddy-cake with the recievers...

Troy Brown
I think Cox is a coach with the Browns. D-line I think. I remember how I could not stand him before the Pats picked him up. I remember the finger incident when he was with the Bears or Dolphins.

Toss up between Vrabel and Bruschi.

This is good. Who was the one who said, "Put Kevin Faulk's football mind in Lawrence Maroney's body and you'd have the best back in the NFL"? I think it was a player last year.

Regards,
Chris

Curious who said that, because it's sadly true. :bricks:
-----------------------------------------------------
Tealsox, I could picture Harrison being a head coach, could picture him screaming with a mic.

Last edited:
Harrison and Vrabel.

Vrable - LB coach, possible future DC.

By all accounts, not only was he a respected leader. But was also widely praised for his high football IQ. He's already been quoted as saying he would welcome a trade back here. Not saying we should, but it's at least a good prospect that he doesn't hold hard feelings toward the organization.

He has two more votes.

Mine which doesn't count for much and a certain well known NFL Head Coach with initials of BB, who said the gentlemen studies, knows Defense and is fastidious, and knows as much as any Coach he ever met, and would make a fine one someday.

T Brown and T Bru

Re: If you could have one former Patriots player become a coach in the future....

Agreed. Bruschi has forgotten more about being a linebacker on this team in this system than the vast majority of people will ever know.
Huh? The way you worded this is a negative on Bruschi...I'm going to guess that's not what you meant?

-----------------------------------------------------

May be true but an unfair assessment.
Kevin Faulk is a seasoned veteran who had the same problems earlier in his career as LM has had recently.
Laurance has already given us some very good games. Obvious his red zone fumbles has had people giving up on him but he IS going to be a good/great player for us.
btw- In the spirit of the thread, I wouldn't mind seeing KF as a RB coach after his retirement.

Danny Villa and Irving Fryar. lol.

And for that guy who suggested Grogan-
He has the rep of being a pretty cantankerous and ornery guy. Some people prefer that in a coach tho. Go fish.

Otis Smith as DB coach. But I guess he already has been assistant secondary coach for the Pats and is currently an assistant coach at KC.

I think I read that line in an article about Faulk and the quoted player was complimenting Faulk's intelligence, but inadvertently dinged Maroney in the process.

I'm going to try and find it if I can.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday