PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we're going to go after jerry porter, shouldn't we go after randy moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phokus

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I hear rumblings that moss wants out of oakland... if we're going to go after one malcontent WR, shouldn't we go after the most talented malcontent WR instead?

Last edited:
Phokus said:
I hear rumblings that moss wants out of oakland... if we're going to go after one malcontent WR, shouldn't we go after the most talented malcontent WR?

The answer to the questions is yes. I made this point last night in another thread. However, we have no need of these two jerks who do not deserve to wear a Pats uniform. This is nothing like the Cory Dillon situation. Dillon never had character issues and he always worked very hard.

Digger44 said:
Dillon never had character issues and he always worked very hard.

Digger, Corey has been a terrific Patriot. But the statement that he "never had character issues" is simply bizarre. He had conflicts with coaches, teammates and fans. He had a long police record, both juvenile and adult. His signing was very controversial here and as I recall he had to have a personal conversation with Bob Kraft before the Patriots made the trade. In short, Dillon personified "character issues." He now personifies redemption, and I give him tons of credit for turning himself around and being such a positive part of this team. But that doesn't rewrite history. (Nor does it mean that Randy Moss would nessarily follow in Dillon's footsteps, btw. But I'd still take a chance on a Brady-Moss combo.)

Moss, in my eyes has already redeemed himself. All reports out of Oakland say he's a fantastic teammate and great in the locker room. To go through that hell and make only one minor peep about it (interview about Art Shell where he vented) for a future HOF'er is amazing. If we could get him for a second I'd be all over it, anything more and I'd be hesitant.

I think that Moss coming here would be a case of the mass effecting the one, and not the one effecting the masses.

Not that I've been following, but he seems to have been pretty quiet since joining the Raiders..(?)

I for one, would not want Big Sey angry at me in the locker room.....

I don't think Moss would fit our system. I might be wrong but Brady is not the best deep ball thrower.

I don't think there's any way the Raiders could trade Moss. Whose jersey would Raiders fans buy? Aaron Brooks?

But yes, I'd much rather have Moss than Porter. He's a much better player and a similar headcase. Porter isn't even worth a 3, Moss is worth a (late) 1 easily.

Born_a_Patriot said:
I don't think Moss would fit our system. I might be wrong but Brady is not the best deep ball thrower.
Neither is Culpepper except when he had Moss to throw to :)

I would much rather have Moss than Porter. Moss has gotten so much better, at least it seems, attitude-wise. I think it also helps that Gabriel and him are buddies.

I think the universe would implode if Brady got somebody like Moss to throw to. Therefore, I hope we pass.

Someone is mentioning Moss has a cap hit of like 10 million per year for the next 3 years. I would give a first no problem for Moss, but not if that is his cap hit.

Randy Moss would fit in anyone's system. He fits in the nerfball-in-your-backyard system. You throw it near him and he catches it. The Raiders can't get the ball to him because they can't hold the line long enough to get Moss downfield. Randy Moss on the Patriots would score 20 touchdowns a year. But we're never getting him, so what the hell am I talking about? I myself have no idea.

patchick said:
Digger, Corey has been a terrific Patriot. But the statement that he "never had character issues" is simply bizarre. He had conflicts with coaches, teammates and fans. He had a long police record, both juvenile and adult. His signing was very controversial here and as I recall he had to have a personal conversation with Bob Kraft before the Patriots made the trade. In short, Dillon personified "character issues." He now personifies redemption, and I give him tons of credit for turning himself around and being such a positive part of this team. But that doesn't rewrite history. (Nor does it mean that Randy Moss would nessarily follow in Dillon's footsteps, btw. But I'd still take a chance on a Brady-Moss combo.)
Very well put. Things seem to get forgotten once a player becomes a Patriot. Of course it would make more sense to try to trade for Moss but I don't think the Raiders are interested in trading him. Porter is definately nothing to sneeze at though, if he could be had for a 2nd. rounder, I think it would be a steal.

First off Dillon's rap sheet is very long from his young days. He through teammates under the bus when he left. Openly wore a raiders jersey during an interview. Javon Walker was a lso considere a malcontent and the Pats went after him. Moss or Porter would not cause any problems on this team.

I cannot stand how Randy Moss is being wasted in Oakland, I would LOVE to have him here!!!

TomBrady'sGoat said:
I don't think there's any way the Raiders could trade Moss. Whose jersey would Raiders fans buy? Aaron Brooks?

Seriously, that is a very good point. A team in shambles can scarcely afford to lose one of its few guys worth watching. So I'd be shocked if the Raiders were willing to give up Moss...but not shocked at all if the Patriots were trying to pry him loose.

I agree that Moss has redeemed himself. I havent really heard a peep out of him for a quite a long time now. Plus he made those comments about Doug when he was traded. Put them back together and let Tom Brady have a 6+ foot weopan for once.

TomBrady'sGoat said:

But yes, I'd much rather have Moss than Porter. He's a much better player and a similar headcase. Porter isn't even worth a 3, Moss is worth a (late) 1 easily.

You are completely wrong about that. I live in the Bay Area and this is the #1 selling Jersey it has their Predicted Record for 06.

Attachments

• ra_jersey.jpg
    ra_jersey.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
I'd love to see the Pats trade for Moss. The Pats offense with Moss added to it would be off the chart, crazy good. We'd be a shoe-in to win this years Lombardi, and probably next years too. Then Polian would step in and put a stop to it.

Randy Moss coming to us would be like the Yankees landing Johan Santana....it would be too unfair for the rest of the league.

while it would be awesome, the reason the raiders want to trade porter is cause he's refusing to play for them, moss might not be happy in oakland, but hes still playing, and hes way more talented than porter will ever be - there is no way moss gets traded to us (as awesome as that would be.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes