PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If this is not a championship roster I don't know what is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
Getting To 53: New England Patriots Roster Prediction
By Tony Moss, NFL Editor

(Sports Network) -

Below we take our stab at predicting how the 53-man roster of the 2007 New England Patriots will take shape:

QB (3): Tom Brady, Matt Cassel, Vinny Testaverde

RB (5): Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, Heath Evans (FB), Garrett Mills (FB/TE)

WR (6): Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown, Chad Jackson

TE (3): Ben Watson, Kyle Brady, David Thomas

OL (8): Matt Light (LT), Logan Mankins (LG), Dan Koppen (C), Stephen Neal (RG), Nick Kaczur (RT), Russ Hochstein (C/G), Ryan O'Callaghan (T), Wes Britt (T)

DL (7): Ty Warren (DE), Richard Seymour (DE), Jarvis Green (DE), Vince Wilfork (NT), Mike Wright (NT), Kareem Brown (DL), Kenny Smith (DL)

LB (9): Adalius Thomas (OLB), Roosevelt Colvin (OLB), Tedy Bruschi (ILB), Mike Vrabel (ILB), Junior Seau (ILB), Eric Alexander (LB), Larry Izzo (LB), Chad Brown (LB), Pierre Woods (LB)

DB (9): Asante Samuel (CB), Ellis Hobbs (CB), Eugene Wilson (FS), Rodney Harrison (SS), Brandon Meriweather (S), Artrell Hawkins (S), James Sanders (S), Randall Gay (CB), Tory James (CB)

SP (3): Stephen Gostkowski (K), Josh Miller (P), Lonie Paxton (LS)

Outside Looking In: WR Kelley Washington, WR Jabar Gaffney, T Clint Oldenburg, G Gene Mruczkowski, LB Justin Rogers, LB Corey Mays, S Willie Andrews

Copyright 2007 Courtesy of The Sports Network

Re: If this is not a Championship roster I dont know what is...

By Tony Moss, NFL Editor

(Sports Network) -

Below we take our stab at predicting how the 53-man roster of the 2007 New England Patriots will take shape:

RB (5): Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, Heath Evans (FB), Garrett Mills (FB/TE)

WR (6): Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown, Chad Jackson

OL (8): Matt Light (LT), Logan Mankins (LG), Dan Koppen (C), Stephen Neal (RG), Nick Kaczur (RT), Russ Hochstein (C/G), Ryan O'Callaghan (T), Wes Britt (T)

DL (7): Ty Warren (DE), Richard Seymour (DE), Jarvis Green (DE), Vince Wilfork (NT), Mike Wright (NT), Kareem Brown (DL), Kenny Smith (DL)

LB (9): Adalius Thomas (OLB), Roosevelt Colvin (OLB), Tedy Bruschi (ILB), Mike Vrabel (ILB), Junior Seau (ILB), Eric Alexander (LB), Larry Izzo (LB), Chad Brown (LB), Pierre Woods (LB)

DB (9): Asante Samuel (CB), Ellis Hobbs (CB), Eugene Wilson (FS), Rodney Harrison (SS), Brandon Meriweather (S), Artrell Hawkins (S), James Sanders (S), Randall Gay (CB), Tory James (CB)

Outside Looking In: WR Kelley Washington, WR Jabar Gaffney, T Clint Oldenburg, G Gene Mruczkowski, LB Justin Rogers, LB Corey Mays, S Willie Andrews

I posted a link to this same article earlier today if you didn't see it

By Tony Moss, NFL Editor

(Sports Network) -

After the way he has been playing this preseason, I don't think Gaffney will be outside looking in. Granted this list seems assumes that Brown and Jackson won't be on the PUP.

So thanks to both of you.

Not bad at all ... for someone (presumably) scanning all 32 clubs.
He is wrong on both Gaffney and Andrews, but everything else could come to pass.

When I was at Practice I thought the same thing.. there are a lot of very good players on this roster...

andrews is to versatile not to make it , plus is the best gunner on the team

Gaffney makes the team.

Gaffney makes the team.

Jabar Gaffney is going to finish the season with more receptions than Welker or Stallworth. Write that down.

By Tony Moss, NFL Editor

(Sports Network) -

Except that Thomas and Jackson will be PUPed, and maybe Troy as well. That promotes, Gaffney, Willie Andrews (ST Gunner), and maybe Washington with the third PUPie. Alternatively, Chad Brown and Vinnie T could be "shadow roster" until the IRs start.

Gaffney makes the team.

You could make the argument he has been the best wideout in camp from what I saw (one day at camp) and what everyone else (this board, and media) has been saying. Second to Moss, anyway. Not to mention what he did in the playoffs last year.

Jabar Gaffney is going to finish the season with more receptions than Welker or Stallworth. Write that down.

what color crayon do you recommend?

No way. Not happening.

What about Oscar Lua? Wasn't he getting first team reps?
You don't mention him.:confused:

Last edited:

I could see him having more receptions than Stallworth, but not Welker. Welker will lead the team in catches. Moss or Stallworth will lead the team in yards.

Last edited:

I could see him having more receptions than Stallworth, but not Welker. Welker will lead the team in catches. Moss or Stallworth will lead the team in yards.

Well, for what it's worth I see Moss leading the team in recs and yards, Stallworth fizzling out and being a non-factor by midseason, maybe being a 35 catch 4 TD guy, with Gaffney 2nd in receptions, and Welker 3rd. Could be Welker/Gaffney but either way I think both of them, and Watson, are going to be in the 40-50 catch range.

I'm in the "color me Gaffneyed" crowd. Not sure I'd say he's ahead of WW of RM, but he makes the team before Caldwell. Certainly given the camp he's having.

I'd take the Chargers and Broncos roster right now over the Pats.

We'll put you in the ABNE (Anybody But New England) Camp.

LOL...we could have the '89 49ers roster and he'd still be telling us we aren't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents