PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the new CBA is signed before July 4th...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mo, well Breer just noted that he believes it will be a two stage process also.

Who cares if the coaches and staff are on vacation? You don't think BB told his guys to be ready to get back at a min notice? House or feed them? I don't get that, are all the caterer's shut down July the 10th? No hotels? 75% of the vets live in the area.

You don't think Dante can organize activities for Bill, while he delves into FA? The medical staff can't do physicals? The assistant coaches can't do evaluations on conditioning? Believe me they can get a lot of work done towards getting the team ready for training camp when it starts 2 weeks later.

As far as injuries, why would this year be any different than in years past during OTAs?

Who cares if the coaches and staff are on vacation? You don't think BB told his guys to be ready to get back at a min notice? House or feed them? I don't get that, are all the caterer's shut down July the 10th? No hotels? 75% of the vets live in the area.

You don't think Dante can organize activities for Bill, while he delves into FA? The medical staff can't do physicals? The assistant coaches can't do evaluations on conditioning? Believe me they can get a lot of work done towards getting the team ready for training camp when it starts 2 weeks later.

I don't believe you read Mo's posts carefully

I don't believe you read Mo's posts carefully

I understood him to infer that teams would not open the doors before all the Ts
were crossed and the Is dotted.

I understood him that his belief was that having the players come in for physicals, getting play books, and film study would be out weighed by the chance that a player would get hurt. I pointed out that players got hurt all the time in the past during OTAs and this year is no different. The players are working out now with this hanging over their heads, at least if it happens during
authorized activities, he will get paid.

I believe BB has a contigency plan in place to get all this done as soon as he is allowed to.

Got a link to something he actually said?

Greg Gaiello who is the official NFL spokesperson stated repeatedly last week that until the deal is DONE there will be no lifting of the lockout, and by done he stated the i's dotted and t's crossed and the court suits settled and the union recertified and both the owners and players voting to ratify a new CBA thereby launching a new league year... Camps open in 3 weeks. It's going to take at least two weeks to accomplish all of that and another week to allow for a contracted FA period.

Some Mod should do us all a favor at this point and lock this thread since the premise is now impossible...

I understood him to infer that teams would not open the doors before all the Ts were crossed and the Is dotted. I understood him that his belief was that having the players come in for physicals, getting play books, and film study would be out weighed by the chance that a player would get hurt. I pointed out that players got hurt all the time in the past during OTAs and this year is no different. The players are working out now with this hanging over their heads, at least if it happens during authorized activities, he will get paid. I believe BB has a contigencyplan in place to get all this done as soon as he is allowed to.

Here is Bill's contingency plan in his own words dating back to May 17th when he realized something you have yet to grasp...that it was time to move on because there wasn't going to be any team organized off season activity.

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said he is scraping his standard offseason program. In an interview with PFW Patriots correspondent and Boston Herald reporter Ian Rapoport, Belichick explained that he and his staff are focusedon doing as much teaching as possible whenever training camp begins. "At one point, we had to prepare for theoffseason program, and that's not really a part of it now," Belichick said, according to the Herald. "We talked about some kind of minicamp or [organized team activities], but now, we just turn our attention to training camp and get our teaching and organization straight there." The coach also said the team's playbook could be reduced to lessen the learning curve for new players. "Something's going to have to go, I would think," Belichick told Rapoport. "The progression's got to stay the same, but the breadth of that amount of installation could be subject to being trimmed back, maybe drastically."

Last edited:
I think he's saying that the new players will get a dumbed down playbook and he will just add plays as they progress...I would assume it will be TC as usual for the veterans..

Conditioning applies to everyone tho......but that's a given :)

The RB's shouldn't have a difficult time adjusting, but I would imagine Solder and Dowling will be behind the curve .....

July 4th is 2 days away....

Better chance of seeing Rex Ryan in a Weight Watchers commercial than a CBA being done by Monday.

Got a link to something he actually said?

Greg Gaiello who is the official NFL spokesperson stated repeatedly last week that until the deal is DONE there will be no lifting of the lockout, and by done he stated the i's dotted and t's crossed and the court suits settled and the union recertified and both the owners and players voting to ratify a new CBA thereby launching a new league year... Camps open in 3 weeks. It's going to take at least two weeks to accomplish all of that and another week to allow for a contracted FA period.

Some Mod should do us all a favor at this point and lock this thread since the premise is now impossible...

no link sorry, it was an interview with Rick Eisen, I know what what the management team said, I read the same think and heard him say it on TV, but that does not mean they won't. What do you expect him to say? Management wants to snuff out any hope for a return by the players before everything is sighed sealed and delivered, but when things get close, i think they back away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News