PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If NFL migrates to pay per view for most games......

Congress should take away their anti trust exemption.
NFL greed is way over the top.

Also stop making cities pay for new stadiums.
F Gooddell
That's a possibility?

I think the regular season game and the playoff game on Peacock was their "beta testing" of shifting to PPV. If they think they can get more they will, or it could be an idle threat/bluff to get Fox, CBS, NBC or ESPN to pony up more $$$...... They won't back down unless Congress threatens to get involved..
Where's Arlen Spector when you really need him?

The NFL is just practicing the frog-in-boiling-water theory, and we are the frogs. They are gradually testing how far they can go so every year they go just a little farther. And no one does anything about it. This past January, one Congressman wrote a letter critical of the NFL but it gained precisely zero traction.

The app consolidation thing is the bigger concern. It's basically a way to re-create the cable formula on streaming, which will jack up the costs and prevent people from being able to pick only what they want like we're able to right now. That's the part that irks me. I have Paramount+ as my only real "cable" streaming platform, since I get my local news that way. If that gets merged in with the others into a bigger platform, it blows up my ability to only pay $10 during the offseason since I suspended YouTube TV at the beginning of this month and won't sign back up again until August. Not to mention, I'm sure it'll cause a continued price hike to YouTube TV at some point.

I'm assuming they're losing money (or not making as much) and this is their "solution" to fix it. :rolleyes:

The app consolidation thing is the bigger concern. It's basically a way to re-create the cable formula on streaming, which will jack up the costs and prevent people from being able to pick only what they want like we're able to right now. That's the part that irks me. I have Paramount+ as my only real "cable" streaming platform, since I get my local news that way. If that gets merged in with the others into a bigger platform, it blows up my ability to only pay $10 during the offseason since I suspended YouTube TV at the beginning of this month and won't sign back up again until August.

I'm assuming they're losing money (or not making as much) and this is their "solution" to fix it. :rolleyes:
You can always be a degenerate and get a jailbroken firestick

You can always be a degenerate and get a jailbroken firestick
LOL, when you get older, that becomes too big of a risk ;)

Really hoping they don't get their way. The old men in Washington need to really get on board with the whole antitrust thing and hopefully prevent that from being a possibility. Although they're likely all on cable ... but that's another story.

The app consolidation thing is the bigger concern. It's basically a way to re-create the cable formula on streaming, which will jack up the costs and prevent people from being able to pick only what they want like we're able to right now. That's the part that irks me. I have Paramount+ as my only real "cable" streaming platform, since I get my local news that way. If that gets merged in with the others into a bigger platform, it blows up my ability to only pay $10 during the offseason since I suspended YouTube TV at the beginning of this month and won't sign back up again until August. Not to mention, I'm sure it'll cause a continued price hike to YouTube TV at some point.

its about creating a monopoly on sports distribution thru streaming...

I will pirate the **** out of the NFL before I literally subscribe to an app service to watch it...

its about creating a monopoly on sports distribution thru streaming...

I will pirate the **** out of the NFL before I literally subscribe to an app service to watch it...
Hell yeah let's give our PCs AIDS again like with LimeWire

Hell yeah let's give our PCs AIDS again like with LimeWire
LOL

*Napster* was REAL...

and stay off the torrents ... you freaky

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
The NFL will bleed every dime out of these games.

I would expect expanded playoffs too with more teams.

Prime gets an exclusive Playoff game in 2024...

Peacock got the first shot in this year, now prime... Let the streaming wars commence...

My wife just lost her mind like 20 mins ago when she went to watch something on Prime and there now are ads every 15 mins - unless you pay another $3 per month. Some serious expletives were said. ;)

My wife just lost her mind like 20 mins ago when she went to watch something on Prime and there now are ads every 15 mins - unless you pay another $3 per month. Some serious expletives were said. ;)
Prime was my last streaming service... Didn't renew... Never order stuff off of Amazon... They broadcast football on twitch, so there was no longer a reason to re-up... Streaming is just the new cable... So whats the point of a sub? To watch repeats? Nah... its not for me...

tubi, pluto, etc are free sites I stream on now... No issue with ads when its free... Agree with your wife - Ads on streaming services you pay for is cringe

Maybe pony up for the ad free version as a birthday gift for her?

It's just a matter of time. They are on a mission to maximize revenue. Pay per view, Brazil, Spain whatever it takes. We can stop watching at any time...

As long as they broadcast over the air, make sure you have a good strong antenna and try never to pay for anything online. Free trials exist.

The NFL as we know it will be just a fond memory.

This baby is going into full overdrive when International games kick in top gear. The World Cup on steroids. I've said for ages that the WC needs to be at least every 2 years in lieu of every 4 years which is too long a span.

426507271_6582202975212833_8130751729457649571_n.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Prime was my last streaming service... Didn't renew... Never order stuff off of Amazon... They broadcast football on twitch, so there was no longer a reason to re-up... Streaming is just the new cable... So whats the point of a sub? To watch repeats? Nah... its not for me...

tubi, pluto, etc are free sites I stream on now... No issue with ads when its free... Agree with your wife - Ads on streaming services you pay for is cringe

Maybe pony up for the ad free version as a birthday gift for her?
Free now to draw as many viewers in as possible.

Like rats and free cheese. Once in, the trap is sprung and it will cost to watch these platforms.

Free now to draw as many viewers in as possible.

Like rats and free cheese. Once in, the trap is sprung and it will cost to watch these platforms.
and when they are no longer free, no worries... there will be others that take their place

and when they are no longer free, no worries... there will be others that take their place
Temporarily until they charge a fee.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back