PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jimmy Looks a Franchise QB, Would You Trade Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep em Both HE cannot play forever.:cool:

I'm not sure how someone can dislike a question which centres around a succession plan (something we have never had to thinking of for nearly 25 years) If I said 'Trade Brady now' I could understand, but it was a bloody question. A simple no would suffice.

OK my sarcastic friends....this was just a question! LOL

What is your succession plan though, because there is no doubt that the big QB prospects will be taken by the time we are picking. Letting the team have 10 years of mediocrity for the sake of two years for a legend just doesn't make sense to me, and to be fair, BB has never had an issue trading anyone!

If you can give me an idea what you will do on day one after Brady, that would be great!

It's a legitimate question you posed. There are too many people (understandably so) who are emotionally attached to brady. You take the emotion out of it and it's a real question.

I'm not sure how someone can dislike a question which centres around a succession plan (something we have never had to thinking of for nearly 25 years) If I said 'Trade Brady now' I could understand, but it was a bloody question. A simple no would suffice.
No. :)

It's a legitimate question you posed. There are too many people (understandably so) who are emotionally attached to brady. You take the emotion out of it and it's a real question.

I was emotionally attached to Bledsoe, who was my reason for liking American Football, and this team. I realise first hand how irrational you can be when your guy moves on as it stung me. I have promised myself to never get like that again!!

OK my sarcastic friends....this was just a question! LOL

What is your succession plan though, because there is no doubt that the big QB prospects will be taken by the time we are picking. Letting the team have 10 years of mediocrity for the sake of two years for a legend just doesn't make sense to me, and to be fair, BB has never had an issue trading anyone!

If you can give me an idea what you will do on day one after Brady, that would be great!

6 Super Bowl trips, 4 championships. If you are loyal and appreciate what Tom has done then have faith that he'll retire when he knows he is not good anymore. By that time we will have someone to groom and there will be some learning pains but it'll all work itself out.

4662768+_c9ab913fcb1b3579327c31b30806a2bd.jpg

Don't worry Brit if Jimmy G Plays well many will change their Trade Him tune. Just imagine if the Packers had traded Rodgers because they still had a much older Favre...things that make you go hmmmn. I am going to go with whatever decision BB makes.:cool:

Don't worry Brit if Jimmy G Plays well many will change their Trade Him tune. Just imagine if the Packers had traded Rodgers because they still had a much older Favre...things that make you go hmmmn. I am going to go with whatever decision BB makes.:cool:

That is my attitude....why didn't the 49'rs just trade Young away? Oh yeah, because a 'oh well, who gives a ****, it will sort itself out' attitude may not be the best!

Jeff Howe made a good point on his latest podcast. There's a good chance that Josh McDaniels will be coaching elsewhere next year, and maybe Patricia too. There's some logic to the idea that either of them would want their new team to trade for Garropolo. He also thinks the Lions could be a potential trade partner.

The question is real, the answer is thankfully up to Belichick, cause I cannot make that decision

6 Super Bowl trips, 4 championships. If you are loyal and appreciate what Tom has done then have faith that he'll retire when he knows he is not good anymore. By that time we will have someone to groom and there will be some learning pains but it'll all work itself out.

I hope so too. Belichick is not an emotionally attached decisionmaker and may pull the trigger if brady has declined enough. I am hoping for 2 more super bowls and then brady calls it quits before we get into a situation of having to trade him.

The question is real, the answer is thankfully up to Belichick, cause I cannot make that decision

That is it...I understand the idea that people would think it was treachery for them to say, off you go Tom. But i know the greatest coach of all time will look to the future, and he will decide.

That is it...I understand the idea that people would think it was treachery for them to say, off you go Tom. But i know the greatest coach of all time will look to the future, and he will decide.

Why would they have extended Tom though if moving on from him was in consideration? That's why I think they'll capitalise on Jimmy's success and get quality draft picks for him, which could be a fair haul in your scenario, and continue with Brady.

Why would they have extended Tom though if moving on from him was in consideration? That's why I think they'll capitalise on Jimmy's success and get quality draft picks for him, which could be a fair haul in your scenario, and continue with Brady.

That is a good answer...could Jimmy get major draft picks which buys us capital to get someone we want? Yes, maybe so.

I think I have been misunderstood. At no point am I saying get rid of Brady. However, I have no wish to be watching a garbage team either. I remember winning five games and it wasn't fun.

Jimmy won't be here past the end of this season. End of year three and I can't see us letting him walk out the door for nothing. And I have doubt he signs a back-up contract.

Either way, I think this is a convo for this year. I imagine the idea won't be well received as TB is God, but I imagine the same convo was had when Montana went to Kansas!
Strongly disagree. And how can you open a thread and ask about trading TB then say Jimmy won't be here past this season.

My response takes into play your hypothetical that Jimmy is s franchise QB. If thats the case you hold him as long as you can. After 2 seasons you franchise him and either he's your guy and Brady retires or gets traded or if you think TB still has years left you franchise and trade Jimmy.

Jeff Howe made a good point on his latest podcast. There's a good chance that Josh McDaniels will be coaching elsewhere next year, and maybe Patricia too. There's some logic to the idea that either of them would want their new team to trade for Garropolo. He also thinks the Lions could be a potential trade partner.

I dunno. McDaniels didn't exactly cover himself with glory in Denver (remember the actual taping of practices scandal?) or St. Louis.

That is a good answer...could Jimmy get major draft picks which buys us capital to get someone we want? Yes, maybe so.

I think I have been misunderstood. At no point am I saying get rid of Brady. However, I have no wish to be watching a garbage team either. I remember winning five games and it wasn't fun.

They must feel confident in Brady to extend him and that gives us four more years to find his replacement. I like Brissett and wouldn't rule him out, but am reserving judgement. But if not him, they've got four more drafts to find the QOTF.

I dunno. McDaniels didn't exactly cover himself with glory in Denver (remember the actual taping of practices scandal?) or St. Louis.

I hope not, I like McDaniels here, but I suspect he'll be near the top of the list for most HC vacancies next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents