PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jimmy Looks a Franchise QB, Would You Trade Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, James (Head to the Mountains) Orthwein devouring all the (untrue) media abuse of the Patriots and using it as an excuse to wreck our logo and uniforms in '93
Dude, you are absolutely unhinged about the freaking uniforms. Let it go you lunatic.

Never !!! Brady would look horrible in any other uniform....can't bear the thought.

Not related to trading bim, but I think we need to see a TD drive or two from Jimmy G in the upcoming game. Just want a degree of comfort level from him.

If he leads an actual TD drive, the ask goes up to 5 1st rounders three 2nd rounders the other team's owner's wife, and a case of Heinekin.

People who are thinking about this seriously clearly have no concept of how rare a good franchise QB is in the NFL, let alone a great one. They don't grow on trees and you sure as hell don't trade them away even if they are 39 years old when they still perform at Brady's level.

The odds of Brady playing until 45-46 at an elite level are better than the odds of Jimmy actually being a franchise QB.

Far from it...the thread was started and the idea was EXACTLY that a franchise QB is hard to come by. Therefore if one was on your books as back up (for the 50th flipping time, I have no idea what Bill thinks of Jimmy, so wasn't calling for a trade, this was hypothetical) then might it be an idea to invest in the future? The point is that you can't just say 'oh, screw it, I will get my next franchise QB in two years time, so it doesn't matter' as they don't come around often.

Now there are many factors (dead cap money, Brady and longevity) which say you may have to/can wait for a while longer but I seriously don't see how you have missed what I was saying. Maybe I have been unclear, or maybe you haven't read the thread and have just seen the words 'trade Brady' and have started to have some sort of five year old tantrum, but to miss the whole point of the the thread (scarcity of potential franchise QB's) is almost stupid.

Unless you mean 'never try and get a new franchise QB in, even if you suspect the new guy has that talent to hit that level, as he may not work, and you already have a 39-40 year old one. Just let things come naturally to an end, and then watch it go to ****, but it doesn't matter, it may have gone to **** anyway' If that is the case......

Last edited:
why delay, just trade him now for, oh I don't know, The Titans 1st round pick for the next 10 years........
OK I'm in. Let's secure the C-4, set the timer, get a safe distance away and hope it doesn't blow the whole site...

Not reading through 15 pages, but it's funny, all the negative comments....

It's a legitimate question. if JG looks great during these 4 games, it would absolutely be the right business move to trade Brady.. He's 39 years old for Godsakes

That said, I think most of us love Tb12 too much to consider this. We believe Brady has 2-3 more elite years in him, and that's 2-3 shots a another ring.

I think I can speak for the majority or posters who care more about the next 3 years Than the next 10-15... That's just the impact Brady has on us.

Not reading through 15 pages, but it's funny, all the negative comments....

It's a legitimate question. if JG looks great during these 4 games, it would absolutely be the right business move to trade Brady.. He's 39 years old for Godsakes

That said, I think most of us love Tb12 too much to consider this. We believe Brady has 2-3 more elite years in him, and that's 2-3 shots a another ring.

I think I can speak for the majority or posters who care more about the next 3 years Than the next 10-15... That's just the impact Brady has on us.

4 games will tell us if JG belongs in the NFL and nothing more. Brady is not getting traded.

Honestly, if JG sets NFL records through the first four games for TD's, Comp.'s, scoring etc. etc. it does not matter one iota. He sits back down for Tom in Game 5 and thereafter. In this context, how JG plays is irrelevant.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
The only way JG plays beyond week 4 is something really bad happening. I won't jinx it by saying it, and suffice to say stick a fork in Patriots if that happens.

Otherwise he sits.

Oh jesus...where has week five come into it? I have said on all those pages you have skipped that the question was one more at the end of the season, and JG will go then, rather than walk in free agency a year after. Of course Brady starts week five...that isn't even a debate.

*bangs head against wall*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick