PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jimmy Looks a Franchise QB, Would You Trade Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brit patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
We all know that time waits for no man, and there will come a time where Brady goes. At that point, we will need a franchise QB, and when you are so strong elsewhere, they aren't going to fall into your lap.

Jimmy has a chance to shine. If, and it is a big if, BB thinks that Jimmy is a franchise QB, would you, in much the same way as SF and GB moved on from JM and BF to SY and AR, get rid of Brady and let the new era begin?

If not, Jimmy may well be gone at the end of the year, as he is due to get paid.

The option may well be watching Brady retire in a couple of years, and having a decade of useless QB's, and watching the Jets pound us!

Oh boy.

Ha! It is a question, not a statement.....I would at least like another succession plan which isn't 'ah well, we had a good run, what else do you want to do on Sunday whilst The Steelers beat us?'

To be fair, BB will always look to the future....I can't see him wanting to have a team that sucks as he meanders to retirement.

I could see Brady deciding to retire after hoisting the Lombardi in February, saying "I'm done. That crook Goodell has ruined the game of football and slandered me for his own entertainment. I've got that fifth ring, don't need to put up with his ******** any more."

Nope. But it might not be the right choice I just don't ever want to see TB in another uniform.

Also this is a conversation for 2 years from now. If Jimmy proves to be good enough you keep them both as long as possible.

49793684.jpg

Nope. But it might not be the right choice I just don't ever want to see TB in another uniform.

Also this is a conversation for 2 years from now. If Jimmy proves to be good enough you keep them both as long as possible.

Jimmy won't be here past the end of this season. End of year three and I can't see us letting him walk out the door for nothing. And I have doubt he signs a back-up contract.

Either way, I think this is a convo for this year. I imagine the idea won't be well received as TB is God, but I imagine the same convo was had when Montana went to Kansas!

A lot depends on how brady plays next year - if he looks and plays like he's 39 then you have to consider it. If he plays like he played in 2015 and if Jimmy G looks to be the next aaron rodgers, you find a way to keep both players.

If the decision-makers thought this could be a valid option, then they wouldn't have extended Brady a few months ago.

Yes, right after I gouged my eyes out with a spoon.

Only if Brady happens to have a health problem as serious as, say, Peyton Manning's neck.

Absent that, Brady will be a far better QB than Jimmy G at the moment, and will project to be better for the next few years. So no.

OK my sarcastic friends....this was just a question! LOL

What is your succession plan though, because there is no doubt that the big QB prospects will be taken by the time we are picking. Letting the team have 10 years of mediocrity for the sake of two years for a legend just doesn't make sense to me, and to be fair, BB has never had an issue trading anyone!

If you can give me an idea what you will do on day one after Brady, that would be great!

OK my sarcastic friends....this was just a question! LOL

What is your succession plan though, because there is no doubt that the big QB prospects will be taken by the time we are picking. Letting the team have 10 years of mediocrity for the sake of two years for a legend just doesn't make sense to me, and to be fair, BB has never had an issue trading anyone!

If you can give me an idea what you will do on day one after Brady, that would be great!

i currently live in blissful ignorance of Toms age and i plan on staying here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey