PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If it were Indy or San Diego or Denver would the outrage be this big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think not - I think expectations to pound the lowly Miami Dolphins into the ground which didn't happen caused thousands of Patriots fans to go bonkers and call for heads to roll - Patriots fans are not used to getting beaten and battered by a team which was the worst in the league in 2007.

I think if Sundays loss was to Indy,San Diego or Denver or even Seattle or Pittsburgh the feeling would have been dissapointed,upset and sad but not the mad fury we see this week.

Like I said,I think it was not the fact it was a loss nor was it the fact that the Patriots got blown out it was the aftershock of losing to a very poor team at least according to last years records.

Most Patriots fans can handle this team losing to a top notch caliber opponent or can even expect it as a possibility before the game begins,but no one saw this loss coming so you have anger and those questioning the game plan.

IMO also if Miami had even been 8-8 or better last year it would not have been the drama we have seen since sunday because the Dolphins would have shown some kind of competitiveness they did not have in 2007

I don't think the next loss will leave many fans in an uproar like this one did unless the team loses to St. louis or a similar bad foe in the weeks ahead.

The same thing occured after the Super Bowl and fans were doubting how the team could lose that game to a much inferior foe (which it appeared to be the case at that time) - Same thing here but just early in the season in a game that may or may not have implications on the division depending on how the team handles the future clashes with Buffalo this year.

Of course not. We lost to one of the three worst teams in football and were unable to defend against a college offense and a QB who was with the team for two weeks. And most of us are also pi$$ed because we didn't think that Cassel should have been on the team in first place and that the possiblity of Brady's injury should have been addressed in the off-season.

I think not - I think expectations to pound the lowly Miami Dolphins into the ground which didn't happen caused thousands of Patriots fans to go bonkers and call for heads to roll - Patriots fans are not used to getting beaten and battered by a team which was the worst in the league in 2007.

I think if Sundays loss was to Indy,San Diego or Denver or even Seattle or Pittsburgh the feeling would have been dissapointed,upset and sad but not the mad fury we see this week.

Like I said,I think it was not the fact it was a loss nor was it the fact that the Patriots got blown out it was the aftershock of losing to a very poor team at least according to last years records.

Most Patriots fans can handle this team losing to a top notch caliber opponent or can even expect it as a possibility before the game begins,but no one saw this loss coming so you have anger and those questioning the game plan.

IMO also if Miami had even been 8-8 or better last year it would not have been the drama we have seen since sunday because the Dolphins would have shown some kind of competitiveness they did not have in 2007

I don't think the next loss will leave many fans in an uproar like this one did unless the team loses to St. louis or a similar bad foe in the weeks ahead.

The same thing occured after the Super Bowl and fans were doubting how the team could lose that game to a much inferior foe (which it appeared to be the case at that time) - Same thing here but just early in the season in a game that may or may not have implications on the division depending on how the team handles the future clashes with Buffalo this year.

Of course not. We lost to one of the three worst teams in football and were unable to defend against a college offense and a QB who was with the team for two weeks. And most of us are also pi$$ed because we didn't think that Cassel should have been on the team in first place and that the possiblity of Brady's injury should have been addressed in the off-season.

Ummm, and did this not also happen in december 2006? Were the Phins worldbeaters when they beat us then? Or were they, again, one of the cruddiest teams in football?

Ummm, and did this not also happen in december 2006? Were the Phins worldbeaters when they beat us then? Or were they, again, one of the cruddiest teams in football?

It happened in 2004 in Miami on monday night football when the Dolphins sucked as much as they did last year but because the team was guaranteed a #1 or #2 seed there was no outrage over Brady's INT blunder which lost the game late when the Pats had a decent large lead earlier in that game.

It happened in 2004 in Miami on monday night football when the Dolphins sucked as much as they did last year but because the team was guaranteed a #1 or #2 seed there was no outrage over Brady's INT blunder which lost the game late when the Pats had a decent large lead earlier in that game.

You said the key word. Brady being down causes panic.

Not everyone is outraged..

Yes, we occasionally lose to weak teams, especially divisional opponents. We'll get over it. The team has bad days, even when we have solid teams as we've had since 2001. Some of us have much longer memories, and therefore memories of much worse defeats.

I have every confidence that the defense will play much better in the next game, even with no personnel additions, and certainly better throughout the rest of the season.

I believe that the OL, RB's, TE's and WR's will have better days. The problem is that I have no such confidence in our QB. Cassel is a great unknown. He could be Aaron Rogers or just another 7th round draft choice. If he is a reasonable #2 QB, then we need keep him and go out and get a #1. Belichick, Dante and Josh know Cassel much better than we do. If they make no moves in the next month, then we will need to trust that Cassel will bring us into the playoffs and beyond.

I think its just as much as the way they lost (to the same play 5 times) as it is to the team they played. Had this been a closer game it would still hurt but you can say a couple of adjustments will get the team back on track. By getting out coached and out played on both sides of the ball so badly, it leaves you wondering what the true identity of this team is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes