PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - The WOW edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Bad thing - One of the biggest surprised I had when I went through the stats, was finding the number of penalties and yards were almost exactly equal. I was surprised because while watching the game I never had a stronger feeling that the game was being officiated more one sided that that one. It seemed to me that every key call or non-call was slanted against the Pats, starting with the reversal of a key 3rd down pass on the Pats first possession. I didn't see the ball move in any of the views I saw that gave CONCLUSIVE evidence that it should have been over turned.

IIRC most of the Ravens penalties pushed them back but they still started with 1st and 10 (block in the backs on returns, PF after smith's big catch for a first down). They kind of hurt, but not really and doesn't put them at a disadvantage. The Pats had at least 4 HUGE calls/non calls that negated big plays and hurt us in a huge way;

1. Revis PI to set Baltimore up right outside our RZ
2. Revis holding to negate a fumble recovery for us on Baltimore's 1
Sure, by the letter of the book they were infractions, but my gripe is neither of these 2 were nearly as blatant as the refs missing #3:
3. PI on gronk that wasn't called on 3rd down, we had to punt instead of continueing the drive as it should have. And again this infraction was easily worse than the 2 above that WERE called.
4. Overturning DA's catch on our first drive, forcing a punt instead of a first down. I guess it could have gone either way but in order to OVERTURN the call on the field you need indisputable evidence which I honestly find it hard to believe was on those replays.

The refs were awful and although the #'s were even, they really hurt us yesterday. The team should be even more proud about the win given that they had to go up against hte zebras as well as the Ravens. I'd say we are owed some nice little home cooking next week but I won't hold my breath on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick