PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - The step away from the edge edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest and say I thought the Eagles were pathetic Sunday. The Pats coaches, O and ST completely shat the bed against Philly.

The sad thing is I think the Browns (at least on a good day for them) could have beaten the Eagles the way they played this Sunday. The Eagles didn't want to win that game and the Pats wanted to win it less.

I agree entirely with those who state:

1) We are spoiled. No doubt about that one. Lots of football remaining. Need to get it going now and build up some momentum heading into the postseason. Also, the obvious importance of the bye week, which would also increase the odds of Edelman returning and being able to heal properly.

2) The concerns are warranted, due to the way the losses have gone down, the injuries and obstacles currently facing the team, and finally the fact that it's a bad time of year to step backwards in terms of establishing chemistry. We'll need to get that straightened out.

My only issue with people saying the Pats are spoiled is they throw it around way too generously. The Pats were pathetic on Sunday. They lost to a far inferior team who played like crap. Getting on the Pats for losing a game they had no business of losing is not being spoiled. I find it being objective.

Now if you project it to the rest of the season, then it is another thing. I feel the Pats have two should be lock wins (Tennessee, Miami) and two very losable games at least in their current state (Houston, NY). If they continue to make bone head mistakes like they did this Sunday, they are losable.

My concern is this team desperately needs the bye to get healthy and they crapped away control of that losing a game they had no business losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back