PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'd like to see Mike Periera explain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Non-Review of the TD at the end of first half. That play SHOULD have been reviewed. That is a BLATANT miss. What you guys say for that? May be it won't be reversed, but not reviewing it is a huge error in favor of Pats.

The reason I bring that up is REFS are human. They are going to miss some calls. Mostly they do their job well. Don't go in to this & that.

There were many HOLDING calls they could have called on Matt Light too! They only called one. These things happen. Philly played out of their mind yesterday, still Pats ekked out a win. That is all that matters. Cherish that and don't look the gift horse in the mouth. :D

It was blatantly obvious in the replay that Gaffney had both feet in. What does a review accomplish? The booth saw a replay and didn't need to review it.

If you want to listen, I will tell you why it happened. Refs like teams go over the tapes of the teams to look for tendencies especially WR pushing off & Holdings like that. Moss has pushed off a half a dozen times in earlier games. So the refs were looking for that. In that play the DB stumbled and Moss had very little to do with that and the back judge was partially blocked. So with the history of the tapes and DB stumbling, he thought Moss had pushed off where as he didn't on that play. So a bad call. This happens all the times with the tendencies. That is why you can escape with a hold or pushoff in a game but the refs get back at you at later time :D

It is immaterial if the TD was good or not, they SHOULD have reviewed it. When coaches cann't challange it is upto the booth to do it. There is no excuse there. About both feet indown or not we would have only known how it would have been called only if they stopped and reviewed it. It could have gone either way. Pats are 11-0, so enjoy the win. All is part & parcel of the game.

Moss pushes off when DBs are grabbing his hands and arms. I saw that idiot Charlie Casserly accusing Moss of OPI, and yes Moss did push off on the play in question, but Casserly seemed to miss the fact that one defender had grabed his entire arm, and the other one was pulling him down by the shirt.

As for the review, you're assuming the booth didn't see a replay. They get instant replays. You're wrong.

Last edited:
I think what was annoying about this call last night was the fact that all game the Eagles' secondary was allowed to be physical with our receivers - which is as it should be; Polian's whinging has made it much too easy for receivers in my humble opinion - yet the call on Moss, even if there was contact, which is arguable, was totally inconsistent with how they called the rest of the game. Also, there was one camera angle which suggested that the back judge was reaching for the flag before there was even any suggestion of contact.

ha, wouldnt be surprised...OOOPSS, MOSSS IS COMING< time to get the flag out

Tight coverage, ball on it's way, RM uses hands to create separation. TD. Easy call. If he keeps his hands to himself, he won't get in twrouble.

Just like a guy dring into the lane, lowering his shoulder into the defenders torso, creates contact, then separation. He got caught, not big deal.

11-0 How sweet it is!!

the Non-Review of the TD at the end of first half. That play SHOULD have been reviewed. That is a BLATANT miss. What you guys say for that? May be it won't be reversed, but not reviewing it is a huge error in favor of Pats.

It still would have resulted in a TD even if it was reviewed 20 times.

So......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back