PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I want the last 5 years of my life back

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you are saying is..the Pats didn't use cameras to video opposing teams? That the media is just telling the general public that? And it is just some kind of anti-Pats/Kraft theory?
No, what we are saying is "get the hell off our board", troll.

So what you are saying is..the Pats didn't use cameras to video opposing teams? That the media is just telling the general public that? And it is just some kind of anti-Pats/Kraft theory?

Funny, the Pats since Spygate have at least gone undefeated in the regular season and was one minute away from having a perfect season. What have the Colts done since then.

Since you are probably hard at work at the moonshine still, please don't take off your shoes to count out how many wins they have had in the regular season since then. Why not count the number of playoff wins? Even with your missing fingers from your drunken fireworks mishaps, you should be able to count to zero.

Funny, the Pats since Spygate have at least gone undefeated in the regular season and was one minute away from having a perfect season. What have the Colts done since then.

run into the buzzsaw that was the 8-8 San Diego Chargers

Whoa, still a touchy subject....must be wondering yourself.....

Not really. Losing a SB in the last 30 seconds or letting up 32 2nd 1/2 points in a conference championship game is a touchy subject.

Spygate is a joke. Only issue w/ it was that the Pats lost a 1st round pick which could have been a 6'4" 270 lb OLB w/ 12.5 sacks now and 19 hurries.

Not really. Losing a SB in the last 30 seconds or letting up 32 2nd 1/2 points in a conference championship game is a touchy subject.

Spygate is a joke. Only issue w/ it was that the Pats lost a 1st round pick which could have been a 6'4" 270 lb OLB w/ 12.5 sacks now and 19 hurries.

Come on, Crable fell to us in the 3rd

I can't believe we haven't won a Super Bowl in five years either. We are the only organization that is actively trying to win one, while 31 organizations are not.

Yeah and I want the first 30-odd back before Belichick showed up. If you whine about being in contention every year for a decade, God knows how you're gonna cope with the next McPhereson or Carroll era.

Fan up dude.

:agree:

10 char

Weren't the Giants something like 8-8 the year you went 18-none?

they were actually 10-6. whereas the Colts once again lost in the playoffs to the Super Chargers, a team the Patriots were able to beat

Last edited:
I didn't really start actively watching and following the Pats until 2001, the Sox until '02, and the Celtics until '03 and I still have perspective. I'm still amazed at the success Boston teams have had this decade and it hasn't spoiled me, it's actually just the opposite. I cherish these years and I realize just how amazing of a feat winning is. Watching the Celtics from '03-'06 was painful, but the history of the team and the following 2+ years were worth it.

I'd be lying if I said I don't fear the day Brady, Moss, and Belichick hang it up. I would love to see them win a few more championships, but even if they don't, it's been a great run.

Weren't the Giants something like 8-8 the year you went 18-none?

Nope 10-6. But the Colts would have beaten the Pats if they could figure out a way to get their near anual post season choke out of the way in the regular season.

Yeah and I want the first 30-odd back before Belichick showed up. If you whine about being in contention every year for a decade, God knows how you're gonna cope with the next McPhereson or Carroll era.

Fan up dude.

Pretty much where I stand too. Are we 'legit' this year? Probably not. Can we honestly complain about it all that much, considering how spoiled we've been throughout this decade? Not really; everyone has off years.

The last 4 years have produced 3 playoff teams, one which missed the playoffs despite going 11-5 without it's future HOF QB for almost the entire season. They had a 16-0 regular season, were within a minute of winning a 4th Super Bowl and within a few minutes of going to a 5th (before the flu and injuries caught up to them).

The losses have been very painful because of the stage on which they have occurred. But the fact that the Pats are even in position to lose an AFC Championship game or Super Bowl is a reason to be happy. Football is much more of a crap shoot than other sports. One injury to a key player and your Super Bowl aspirations can go out the window. One bad bounce, fluke play or missed (or bad) penalty can end your season.

Anyone who is whining and crying over how awful the last 5 years have been is either a complete bandwagonner or in serious need of a reality check. The Pats have been one of the best, if not the 2nd best (top spot goes to Pittsburgh the last 5 years IMO) team in the NFL in the time span which the OP is crying about.

Getting to and winning Super Bowls is insanely difficult. Sometimes, not infrequently in fact, the better team loses. The 2001 Patriots were nowhere near as good as the Rams that year talent-wise. Same for the 2007 Giants compared to the Pats.

Look at the Colts and Saints this year. Both could end up 16-0 but they can't both win. Think their fans will be crying next year about what a waste the 2009 season was?

Fact of the matter is, the Pats will be in the playoffs this year, and most likely will make it at least 2 of the next 3 years (provided Brady is healthy and BB sticks around). Once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen. To write this year off now is idiotic. To "want the last 5 years of [your] life back" is so far beyond idiotic that I'm surprised anyone could type it with a straight face.

The last 4 years have produced 3 playoff teams, one which missed the playoffs despite going 11-5 without it's future HOF QB for almost the entire season. They had a 16-0 regular season, were within a minute of winning a 4th Super Bowl and within a few minutes of going to a 5th (before the flu and injuries caught up to them).

The losses have been very painful because of the stage on which they have occurred. But the fact that the Pats are even in position to lose an AFC Championship game or Super Bowl is a reason to be happy. Football is much more of a crap shoot than other sports. One injury to a key player and your Super Bowl aspirations can go out the window. One bad bounce, fluke play or missed (or bad) penalty can end your season.

Anyone who is whining and crying over how awful the last 5 years have been is either a complete bandwagonner or in serious need of a reality check. The Pats have been one of the best, if not the 2nd best (top spot goes to Pittsburgh the last 5 years IMO) team in the NFL in the time span which the OP is crying about.

Getting to and winning Super Bowls is insanely difficult. Sometimes, not infrequently in fact, the better team loses. The 2001 Patriots were nowhere near as good as the Rams that year talent-wise. Same for the 2007 Giants compared to the Pats.

Look at the Colts and Saints this year. Both could end up 16-0 but they can't both win. Think their fans will be crying next year about what a waste the 2009 season was?

Fact of the matter is, the Pats will be in the playoffs this year, and most likely will make it at least 2 of the next 3 years (provided Brady is healthy and BB sticks around). Once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen. To write this year off now is idiotic. To "want the last 5 years of [your] life back" is so far beyond idiotic that I'm surprised anyone could type it with a straight face.

Well said, mcmurtry86. My thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft